It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Military Recruiter and would like to clear up some misconceptions.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Seyana

Thank you seyana,
I do not look to change anyones point of view, I just think its wrong to blame us for enlisting into the military because we love, and want to defend this country. We get sent off to these political wars and get blamed as if we started this #. We end up in the desert, with people trying to kill us, we defend ourselves, and when we get home we get spit on because we are blood thirsty war mongers? Im sorry but did I miss something?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I am proud that America has chosen to be an ambasador for Global Unity,I feel pity for people in wartorn countries who wish there to be no conflict and for those that wish conflict I have no feelings whatsoever.

The future is clearly going to involve an immediate forming of a Global confederation of countries all united,and I dont believe we will allow independant operators or countries to exist on OUR planet.

If you want to fight you will be defeated one way or another by a Humanitarian Coalition of united Nations,it doesnt matter who you are or where you pick the fight or how big you are ,the outcome will remain the same,defeat by a global coalition acting in the best interests of humanity.

A new form of global democracy never before seen is being forged between many powerful nations all being led by the united states EXAMPLE OF HUMANITARIAN WORLD CONCERN AND ACTION.

This is the snowball you want to be on top of NOT UNDERNEATH OF because my friends this one is just starting to roll downhill and its going to be huge at the bottom.

Kudos to all of the men and women who have stood for their country and through that action the whole world.

To anyone who has a dispute with the war or a dispute about the spirit in which these men and women have sacrificed for our world,---- get ready because pretty soon we wont have to listen to your fencesitting dishonorable perspectives being thrown around all over the media,you see a world coalition will make your liberal argumentative selfdestructive point of view EXTINCT.

You see we wont need a whiny alternative perspective when the Global Coalition makes a decision to act militarily in the best interests of humanity you will either have to STEP UP OR STAND BACK.Your pitiful excuse for your behavior is all based on a twisted view of democracy,you see YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEND YOUR ENTIRE LIFE LIVING AND ACTING CONTRARY TO THE BEST INTERESTS OF HUMANITY,THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU ARE A SINGLE COUNTRY AS THINGS ARE TODAY,TOMORROW YOU WONT HAVE THE OPTION OF SCREWING UP HUMANITIES PATH BY ESPOUSING YOUR INDIVIDUAL VERSION OF REALITY WITH ALL OF YOUR MIGHT ,THE DAMAGE YOU FEW FOOLS CAUSE IS IN ALL OF THE PEOPLE YOUR MESSAGE AFFECTS SIMPLY BY HAVING IT HEARD.

True global democracy is what Obama is pioneering with action not philosophy.Maybe we all cant see it but if you were China or India you would be watching the wagons of the Global Community beginning to encircle you ,and you would know that once there were enough wagons or countrys surrounding you YOUR OPTIONS OF USING YOUR HUGE MILITARY MIGHT WILL BE PERMANENTLY NEGATED,These countries will have to join the Global Community through attrition,the same way they have grown so huge,through waiting for themselves to simply outgrow all other countries and inherit the powerbase they desire. Now they are victims of attrition because the countries of the world are galvanising as we speak and preparing for a Global Coalition that will dictate their future in the position they truly belong "as the few" not as "the many",these countries will have to accept that the best interests of the Global Community outweigh the best interests of their countries.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
[snip]

Anywho.

Originally posted by Ridhya
If there was no military in place, there would be a LOT less animosity in the world,

On the contrary, you'd either be dead or a slave. I could take out the ol' history book, though I'm farely sure any civilization which did not have an active and organized military was conquered by one that was. That's human nature. And you can act as cool and 'pacifist' if you want, but you're human too.

You do not need recruiters. You have one of two things. Conscription or volunteer. Conscription when you are DIRECTLY UNDER ATTACK, and volunteer for some sort of emergency force. Thats what would be ideal.

Conscription is a god-awful method of fielding a military. Just ask Russia. There's a reason everyone tries for a professional, volunteer-based armed forces.
FYI: Going into a recruiter's office and signing documents is a voluntary act.

Besides, like the Japanese General said in WWII, you could never invade the US, there would be a rifle over every hill! You guys love your extensive gun collections.

This is what artillery is for.
Besides, eventually people will want their life to return to normalcy. It's not as though we Americans showed any spine the last eight years of being financially and militarily raped.

Mod Edit- removed insulting remarks
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
The world is war is earth is hell.

"Yea bitch you're f-in done."

To the guy that is driving, crashes, tries to escape and is sprayed in the back.

I understand this is not the majority action (actually, I don't) but these terrorists are what recruit "terrorists".

[edit on 19-6-2009 by depth om]

Did you hear the one GI shout out "That sniper round hit right where you're at, dude!" Most important part of the video. You presented this as if we had nothing better to do than shoot civilians. What happened before the video started!!!!

And to the poster that wanted to know what Basic Training is like, well all I can tell you is you get a new Mommy who doesn't pick up after you, accepts no excuses, and institutes a major attitude adjustment between the ears. I hope you like to run.

You cannot tell someone what it is like. It's something you must experience yourself. Believe me, if its anything like what I went through in 1968, you will find out who and what you are made of.

This knowledge about yourself and the training received will stick with you your entire life.

Enlisting in The United States Army was one of the 2 best decisions I've made in my life.

The other was to become a father and raise kids. Mission accomplished.

No regrets on either.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
reply to post by SpacePunk

Just like all soldiers are trained to kill right
I'm sure you went through the same training I did, thus speak from experience.

I guess, for me at least, this post comes to the core of why I have to reject your "good intentions".

At the end of the day you're trying to get people into an activity that could very possibly be their death of the death of others. Do you tell them that when you're recruiting? Do you say something like "Yes, we will be involved in occupation of nations, empire building, protecting drug traffic, torture, renditions and possibly eventually in a civil war against the american people, are you game?".

Because if you don't say something similar to what is in quotes, not only are you lieing to those you're trying to recruit but you're lieing to yourself.

My 5c.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is not even worth arguing about... I dont make policy, Im a ssg in the Army infantry, in charge of 8 other infantrymen. Its my job to train them, and to keep them safe. SO dont banter me as if I diclared war on Iraq. The next door neighbor has everything to do with Iraq. We helped people who could not help themselves. Again you wouldnt understand that. In 2004 in the city of Ar Ramadi, in the sunni prov the local pop could not even go to the market out of fear of the mujahdeen. (this is even before we were there so dont give me that "because you were there" #) There children were denied the right to an education because of the same. We go there kick the # out of them, lost some friends and innocent civilians in the crossfire. Things get better, markets open up, schools are rebuilt, women come up to me thanking us for saving their city. The parallel I am trying to make is the fact that we Helped them! Their life is better now, their Army is better now. Simply because we stood in their defense. I took part in their first free election on jan 2005. in a city of 500,000 only 36 people showed up, the others we afraid. Because of those 36 brace citizens, more and more showed up to vote at later elections. But they were better off before we were there right?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

WOW....you must have suffered a big lose to carry such a big chip on your shoulder. As a Army Vet, and yes I understand about the lose of loved ones, I don't support all the convictions of the military, but it does give you a good solid foundation to start out in life. Of which, is seriously lacking today.
If I knew then, what I know now.......I don't think the Army would have been a choice to consider. But, than again, it is supposed to protect the people from both foreign and domestic enemies....the question is who the domestic enemies are? US or THEM????????
Sorry for your lose and I hope you the best.........

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
reply to post by Juston

so many people so full of hate, and yet preaching peace. its disgusting. Not the recruiter guy, but the rest of the people here. its disturbing how small their world gets once faced with something they don't like.

its good to see someone who is willing to come up and put forth their side of things tho, especially around here with all the bile spewing aging liberal hippy douchebags that inhabit places like this.

I sometimes wonder if some people play with my mind with hidden sarcasm or with giant irony... Not beeing a native english speaker doesn't help for me.

Following your logic, I confusely understand that beeing pro-war and hateful at the same time is not particularly disguting, just the way things are/ should be. Hum.

cheers anyway

TheTilde
-----------
Agreeing to be called a liberal hippy. Not agreeing for the rest, but maybe we can discuss?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
Not going to lie, wading through the solid human waste that is the entirety of this thread, I want to take out a shotgun and begin waving it around wildly for fear of all the (clearly) rabid posters.
If the only thing you can contribute to a thread is vomiting emotional vitriol, please remove yourself. You are a disgrace to the site and your capability as rational human beings of independent, logical thought.

[snip]

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" - Most wars have been either religiously or politically motivated. Our governments promise, after every war, that they will not make the same mistakes again. And yet they do - time and time again. Either it's just complete stupidity, or there is an evil agenda because there can be NO other explanation why wars still persist if we are learning from our own history.

Mod Edit - removed insulting remakrs
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

Should I have to tell them what you quoted? I mean, if I was going to volunteer for something, I'm pretty sure I would have the facts straight before I did it.

Should the three amigos of ATS warned me that, prior to signing up for this site, there is a chance I might have to endure personal attacks because I chose to state the facts as I see them? No, because I knew that already. I understood what posting on a forum entails, just like people who enlist know what the military is all about.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Juston]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This will be my last comment on this thread and after this I will read only. I believe the military to be a good learning experience to any who are willing to learn. Some choose to go career and others just do one enlistment and leave as was my case. Bottom line here is that recruiters have a job to do they have bosses they have quotas and they have a responsibility to that end.

Now each is different and has a different approach in how they conduct their business. Some are great people others not so great. When I approached the recruiting station I was lost and unsure of my future, the woman who would eventually become my recruiter simply gave me options and explained what the army could "do" for me, as I did for it.

Did she bend the truth? maybe did she give me false hope? No and in retrospect I believe most of the things she told me were form her experiences and knowledge. I commend again all who do serve have and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Quick Observation

***Not Directed at Any Particular Member***

Why is it when ATS does get actual persons involved with the very things present in most of our discussions (ie; this thread contains a few military members, the OP is a current member) some percentage of the community can not act in a civil manner and must start blasting these very people that we all know most of us have been anxious to speak with(especially military members, considering the current state of affairs), with ignorant and rude accusations that serve no purpose other then to force a point across. This is no better then the very government and military many of us despise (for various reasons). It is blatantly obvious that some members do not comprehend the fact that there is a chain of command in both the military and government, so bashing someone who is admittedly in the low ranks of this chain of command is arbitrary, as they are just following orders. Many here on ATS claim they are in pursuit of the truth and want to change our current bad state of affairs in the world. This is NOT the way to go about it, getting in ideological arguments with those who simply follow orders and have no say in the big picture is ridiculous. If you ever did get a chance to speak to the President or some major head of the military like the Joint Chiefs of Staff, would you act like this? I can tell you that you would not get very far. The point is this: Can we not all ask relevant questions, debate, exchange ideas, and work together in a civil, humane, and productive manner?

Please do not continue to bash people who are doing nothing more than trying to serve their country the only way they feasibly can. These people you are bashing are the very same people that would risk their OWN LIFE to save yours should the situation arise. I bet the members who think all soldiers are "part of the conspiracy" would GLADLY accept their help should some armed Chinese troops come knocking on their door. Please people, think about things in a broader spectrum before ignorantly lashing out and saying things.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

I just wanted to add that almost ALL of my close friend are ex-military or current law enforcement and I feel more comfortable around them than with the general population.

Need a cold beer on a hot day, I pass on the local pub and head to the VFW. At least at the VFW I know who I'm dealing with!!! I feel at home.

The active duty personnel and the 25 million vets that are so vilified here on ATS are the only hope of saving our nation from our corrupt politicians in Washington. Hopefully we have a Gen. Smedley Butler within the ranks of our current military who will step forward and put an end to the insane antics of our politicians.

If not, it's all over but "the shootin' and the shoutin'"

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think the fact that "quota's" even exist is a recipe for disaster and ripe for abuse. I have seen Police that have to meet their quota's and do so by arresting people for the most minor of things or fudging speeding tickets to fill their quota. This is by no means limited to the Police force but I am using it as an example. In terms of Armed Forces recruitment, having a quota to fill means that the recruiters are pressured into filling these quota's - by any means necessary. This is achieved in it's easiest form by means of misrepresentation, coercion, bullying and all sorts of underhanded and dirty tactics (many of which I have seen repeated here in this thread).

So please, continue with all the insults, bullying tactics and so-on and so-forth as all you are doing is reinforcing what I have just said.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

The active duty personnel and the 25 million vets that are so vilified here on ATS are the only hope of saving our nation from our corrupt politicians in Washington. Hopefully we have a Gen. Smedley Butler within the ranks of our current military who will step forward and put an end to the insane antics of our politicians.

I will say, quite honestly, that if that ever happened I would be the first to put my hand up and applaud the Armed Forces for doing so, as well as make a concerted effort at eating my own feet.

Sadly though I do not believe this day will ever come - TPTB have thought of this too and have a system of propaganda and other tactics that keep most members of the armed forces blissfully unaware of the reality of the situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi just wanted to tell you that your trip is disrupting my life and causing great unbalance to the rest of the world, actually.

I guess there are 2 kinds of people on this planet the ever-expanding militaria and the rest us - your targets!

We work and are made to pay all of our lives for your tanks and airforces..., machine guns, bombs, biochemicals and who knows your latest poisons matching uniforms and lets not forget your enormous and insatiable need and consumption of oil. Plus salary. Your job overseas is genocide for the Corporate Government's Greed and lust for bloodshed. You guys invented the Taliban with your attacks and unwelcome occupations.

Lets face it you are not Hollywood! You are made to believe you are, but you are pions for the greater evil, and you will be terminated somehow when they don't need you anymore. That is the deception waiting for you from your handlers. By the way you are totally brainwashed.

I know too many veterans to ever give you guys credit, although every one should train on a personal level and prepare for some kind of retribution from the 70 or so American invasions of other countries since WW2.

A few good links and videos if anyone is interested
Winter Soldier
Preparing the Battlefield

Rethink Afghanistan Civilian Casualties

Massacre in the Amazon: The U.S.-Peru Free Trade Agreement Sparks a Battle Over Land and Resources

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ok folks, we have two options.

1. we stick to the topic (I am a military recruiter and would like to clear up some misconceptions)

or

2. I can close the thread down and stop this off topic garbage which is now taking up too much of the staff's time.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join