Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I am a Military Recruiter and would like to clear up some misconceptions.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8654drp
...his base pay was better than I made as an E-4 in the early 1980's. BHA (basic housing allowance) is really good today.

Yeah, that's when I got my E4, too. The pay was not luxurious.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
To OP, having read your contribution to the AA thread I salute you. Military ideals...that's a different matter,however the caprice of time may show both to be connected...thanks

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Juston

You see, thanks to our economy more and more people are turning to the Military for financial stability and benefits. -

yes, lucky that *rolls eyes*

i don't know anyone who didn't join for financial reasons. maybe the legal definition of "forced" is different from reality, but when schooling is so expensive (i mean, we ALL know wall street is responsible enough for low interest rates on loans) and the other option is a minimum wage job (even having a degree is far from a guarantee of a good job these days), free everything sounds nice.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What I found to be more of a "truth" with recruiters is that they don't really lie or omit as much as people think they just only answer the questions they are asked. When I joined the AF I knew I had signed up for F-16 Avionics but ended up getting put into Drone Avionics. Can't exactly blame my recruiter on that one since it was a new program and 3/4ths of my class were put in it. Of course that is only about 6 of us.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I went to a Navy fellah to see what he had ,having been an army scout he ONLY said BUDS and if I failed (a sure thing at 30) the navy would place me where they need me. So I returned to the Cav.
Another thing Does the Navy allow other branches service decor?

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join