It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Military Recruiter and would like to clear up some misconceptions.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well said, beyond, well said indeed. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I wanna make a disclaimer now

Yes, I like the band Slayer. But really, what does that have to do anything? It's music, not my personal mantra or ideology.

Furthermore. I am not here for recruiting purposes!
I know that is against the ATS T&C

And Finally,
Are personal attacks really required? Can we show a lil' decency?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

The people of today wouldn't handle a draft too well, so what better way to get people flocking to a recruiter than by creating a miserable economy eh? lol.

Things sure have changed since my Navy days. I joined back in 1978, and the same day I had my physical (MEPS) I was shipped out to boot camp. These days it seems most people can end up waiting several months after signing up before they actually start.

Can't say I've ever known a recruiter to actually lie (really good way to destroy a military career), but there are some recruiters that can be a tad misleading.

Anyone considering military shouldn't hesitate to ask lots of questions and get all the facts. People like Juston are there for you to drill them and to make sure it's what you want. Take the time to get what you want out of the experience.

I only served 4 years, but I did more in those 4 years then the rest of my life put together. I enjoyed experiencing different cultures (stationed in places like Sigonella, Sicily), learned an interesting occupation (Hospital Corpsman), and took part in important events (received a Meritorious Unit Commendation for helping out with the USS Nimitz accident back in 1981).

I'm sure there are many people here who have served / are serving that could share much more. But my point is that the military can be a lot about what you make of it, and the time you spend with your recruiter is an important first step in that.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

I didn't attack your person, I attacked your meager effort to rationalize and further lie to the public about recruiting practices and the ideology behind it. I think I was very decent in my response, for all intents and purposes you and more than half of our military should be tried for war crimes and genocide.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Edit - apologies to the Op....after some consideration I realized how badly I had generalized recruiters and I understand everyone doesn't operate like that. I was wrong to paint everyone with a broad brush

[edit on 6/19/09 by BlackOps719]

+9 more 
link   
reply to post by Juston

Come on now.. you admit you are a military recruiter on a conspiracy website.. do you expect any less?

Your employers are the main problem.. grow a brain and think for yourself for once in your life.

If you are expecting sympathy from most here.. you are in the wrong place... many of us here have lost loved ones to the grand promises perpetrated by you or your fellow recruiters.

It's not an attack against you.. but the ideals that YOU represent.

link   

Originally posted by Juston
I wanna make a disclaimer now

Yes, I like the band Slayer. But really, what does that have to do anything? It's music, not my personal mantra or ideology.

Furthermore. I am not here for recruiting purposes!
I know that is against the ATS T&C

And Finally,
Are personal attacks really required? Can we show a lil' decency?

I like your avatar. The poster that has critised it probably has never heard a slayer song in their life. Their rant on your choice of avatar reminds me of the congressional hearings against rock music. They attack what they don't understand.

You won't get through to the anti military group. They have their position and will not budge. They will claim they have family members in the military and understand what the military does to their members.

Nice of you to try a differant approach though.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

That would be me... I have almost every album of Slayer's... don't presume to know of that which you have no idea.

Unless you have have members of your family die while in combat, you have no right of talking about what "family members claim they HAD family members in the military"... another person who needs a little more education before passing judgement.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

See what I meant about the anti military on this site?

I leave you to your thread, good luck.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The military want the brightest strongest recruits.

People love trying to portray military people as all muscle with no brain, but it isn't their fault, just look at any Schwarzenegger movie to see where people get the idea.

Have control of the strong fit young men and you have control of any resistance that might crop up

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Strongest and brightest eh?

I personally know someone who failed their asvab test (less than 30% correct 3 times) and was accepted after an "oral asvab" ..... brightest does not equate into the conversation...

Only the ability to sign your name matters.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Originally posted by BlackOps719

In my own experience I have found that military recruiters are class A chicken hawks. Used car salemen in uniform who who would kick their own mother in the back to get a fresh life inked on the dotted line.

It sounds like you had a bad experience with a recruiting officer.

You prey upon poor kids like the ones who are from town's like the one I grew up in. Kid's who's options are limited to a life of poverty, crime or a lucrative career murdering for Uncle Sam. All well and good until they get their legs blown off and end up forgotten about in some dirty VA hospital with no benefits or recognition.

I must point out that leading a life crime as you have typed or "murdering for Uncle Sam" is slightly far fetched. So that would mean all who died during WWI and WWII and consecutive wars were stupid and or were living in poverty. Although the system is not perfective, however it has provided you with something you are currently using. That would be called freedom if im not mistaken. At this point it should be pointed out that the same methods of recruiting for the U.S forces is also used in every country with slight modifications to cater for the cultural differences.

Funny you pointed out the economy being such a big booster for business. I have been saying for the last year or so that I believe one of the biggest reasons the economy is being tanked and manipulated is so the military can re-stock it's ranks with fresh meat for the new wars that they are planning in the months to come.

Sure, the military is a trillion dollar industry were it employ's millions of people who in turn have family's who in turn either become CEO's or any other field of interest.

As a recruiter you are what you are, and I respect the men and women of the military for their sacrifices, even though I dont agree with much of what they do.

But don't come in here and sell yourself as some nice guy friend to all. You are a crew cut and a number and you make your living by sending naive 18 years old's off to die.

There are recruiting officers for various reason's, either they have persuasive skill's or they are in sync or they have a higher education which the private sector cannot cater for them or are simply not fit to serve in armed combat units. You should also point out that there are people who have benefited from being recruited as after they leave, they persure an occupation based on their military career.

But, by all means people, use your intelligence to try and achieve your own path in life, either as a tradesman or as businessman or a military career, everyone has option's its just at which angle you choose to view your options.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If a convicted murderer wants to enlist in infantry and battle on the front lines in a war, why wouldn't they allow that? I don't mean any disrespect, I'm just curious...if he already knows how to use a gun, is willing to go through training, but understands he won't hesitate to pull the trigger against an enemy, why wouldn't he be able to? Is it fear of friendly fire??

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ha...
Now I dont like to attack people personally... but you made me laugh...
You spent your time in the Navy. Like a certain someone told me "If I were you I wouldnt go for infantry type work. I would go in the Navy! Electricity, hot showers, cooks, VIDEO GAMES!!!" (Not for me.)
Not to mention stationed in Japan. Most peaceful nation on earth.
So I can see why you think you arent doing an evil job. But you comfortably send people off to war. To places you know nothing about, if you are no longer actively in combat. Stop trying to act like the victim.

Recruiters I dont really have respect for (unless they got transferred there). If people want to join they will join, they dont need people soliciting them, so yes your job is to be a salesman.

Let me correct you on a few things:
1. You are right, the majority in military are intelligent and most of everyone I have met have been wonderful people. But there are always exceptions.
2. Yes there are benefits, as well as downsides, but in my mind the fact that we have militaries at all in the world is proof of a failed system. We are mercenaries with a pretty title. And I have heard from numerous african-american soldat that the 'gettoes' in america are kept poor so that the Army can recruit there easier.
3. There are plenty of handicapped people. I have met many logistics people in wheelchairs, or crutches, some people with missing arms, etc.

Oh PS - I can name dozens of people, just off the top of my head, who regret military service. I could write a book series worth of their and my stories. Mostly Russians who have been to Chechnya. Advice: do NOT go there. America always has this unwarranted Godly view of military service. Probably due to seeing it from furnished green zones and cockpits miles up. But dont get me wrong I have met a number of Americans who see war from enemy territory too.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
oh my gosh...

I'm at a loss at the amount of monkey poop being slung around in this thread. There's no point in even trying to dodge it... it's just beyond thick in here.

I guess I'm trying to understand where the real anger is at, because I'm not so sure Juston deserved what he just received. NO ONE should ever have to experience losing someone to war, especially when that war is something that shouldn't have even happened. But shouldn't that anger be directed at the person(s) behind that? *cough*government*cough* Why at this recruiter, who is currently serving his country?

I think where I'm lacking knowledge is this... where would we be if we had no military in place? All the other places that do have military would pwn us in seconds if we couldn't defend ourselves, or am I missing something? (It's a serious question in an attempt to learn here, so be gentle). So in the understanding of needing a military, we need recruiters.

The only lies I know of to get angry at are the ones our government tells us when they abuse our own military forces by sending them to places not necessary. Juston doesn't make 'those' choices... he's just trying to support what he feels is helping to keep our nation protected. I'm honestly confused here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join