It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Military Recruiter and would like to clear up some misconceptions.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
EDITED because it could be construed as off-topic, therefore it is deleted.

[edit on 19/6/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What's really shamefull about all this is that they still try to defend the american military institution like it's a necessary one.

Yeah ok let's just forget the last 60 years of torture and genocide in the name of freedom and democracy sponsored by your military in the Central and South America, the SoA is responsible for that. IThe School was "closed" in 2000, just changed names of course. The irony is that the same torture techs used here are being used in Iraqui prisons, just a coincedence of course.
Let's forget Vietnam and the 3 million vietnamese that died there, because of a false flag attack, and the fact that you had to fight communism and all that bs, now the new buggyman is terrorism.

The mere fact that you people prey on the confused and troubled adolescents (most of them are) and recruit these teenagers to be a part of such a rotten and evil institution make you as guilty as the bankers and corporations who profit from this chaos.

I read all the posts and the same insane defenses for genocide and psychopatic behavior never fail to show up, you know the "you should never bash the soldiers" #, if you "choose" to join and be part of the problem be prepared to receive criticism and not just congratulations on a "job" well done. Don't let the patriotic bull# cloud your reasoning.

Like Krystie said, the strawman arguments (the beating next door #ty one), are a pathetic attempt to turn this discussion around and never adress the true issue, you know, the one that everybody involved in this, from the recruiters to the ones firing guns at iraq are a part of the engine of death and destruction being used to secure the interests of the big corporations profitting from war and resources exploration in third world countries, money and power is what this is about.

And don't come with the bull# that the teens can think for themselves and all that, just watch a movie called "The Wave" (the 1982 or the new german one called "Die Welle", based on a real experiment btw in your country), to see how malleable and easy to manipulate a teenager mind is, espeacilly one that is hopeless and have no clue about his future. Someone here already said this, there are towns in the US for farming soldiers, usually the ones with more economic and social problems. Since the big corporations need the army they create these situations.

An army for self defense is perfectly acceptable, but that is not what you have, you have one bloated monster to maintain the status quo of the elite around the world (and not just the american elite).

[edit on 19-6-2009 by JesusBorba]

[edit on 19-6-2009 by JesusBorba]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hi Juston, and thanks for your post. this is obviously important to you.

My question is: what is the age cutoff for joining the military. how old is too old. first I would like the actual age, then maybe your opinion on when its too late to join.

Ive just always wished I would have joined instead of going into the workforce, and sometimes get the urge to call my local recruiter.

seriously though, thanks for the post, and I am glad you are not all the same!

[edit on 19-6-2009 by AKARonco]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Can you imagine what recruiters would do all day if they didnt have any quota's to fill? My guess would be not much. Thats the great thing about salary right? Get paid to do nothing since nothing is being required of you. If that were the case then I'm sure you would just be angry that recruiters are getting paid tax dollars to sit around and bs and surf the web.

Anyway the military may not be in need of people now, but at times they have been, and having the quota's in place helped encourage that the jobs got filled.

By the way my dad was a cop for 30 years, and though in our town they did not have quota's, they did in a few surrounding towns. This was again so that cops dont sit on their butts all day and drive around because they have become tired of the job, which many of them do after a while. As far as I was aware though the quota's were usually small, one or two tickets a week per cop, which in my opinion seems perfectly reasonable considering tons of people violate traffic laws daily. I think it just gives cops a reasons to pay attention.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
if I can get just one of my fellow ATS'rs to see the light, well then, I'll be satisfied.

you want to make people see the "light" ?

start by resigning and changing life man before coming around with that kind of jerk pretention

you live to kill not even being conscious that the only meaning of your work is to make weapon seller and banskters becoming always and always more powerful on the back of the people, if not their grave.

it's not about war, it's not about money man, whatever the way you do your work does not change a thing

breathe and see for your eyes the light of the sun, the light of the stars

look up, you'll find it more "enlightening" than the one of your guns.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I wouldn't mind number two. Sorry but it's true.

I would have thought that some members of ATS would have been a little more mature or understanding of the whole deny ignorance thing.

I did not start this thread for sympathy, recruitment purposes or to make the military look better. I just wanted to clear up a few things, based on my experiences.

It's irritating that this has turned into an Iraq war thread.

It's irritating that I tried to contribute to the community and people started resorting to name calling etc, etc.

Was it expected? Yes, and I don't regret posting the thread. I just feel that what I wanted to be said, has been said, and those of you who do not agree will do whatever it takes to let it be known.

To those that were civil, even if I did not agree with your position, thanks for keeping it that way. It's people like you that will keep me coming back to ATS.

Call me what you will, but I am leaving this thread. If a member ever does have civilized questions, please feel free to U2U to me at anytime. Do with it as you please.

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here is my personal experience with a recruiter(s).

I had promised a friend I would see a recruiter, I don't know if he got kudos for it or what. But going in I had no intention of joining, it was just a favor to a friend. During the meeting Staff Sergeant only emphasized on the money for college and the pride of serving our nation. It went so much like buying a car from a sleazy salesman, that it has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since.

It started out very friendly with the recruiter being very jovial and excited. As it went on and as I displayed disinterest, he became very condescending, asking is I was just going to be a bum for the rest of my life. At this point (I have a quick temper) I told him to get f'd and if he wanted to test his Marine mettle that we could go outside, (I was 18)
Of course he went on to tell me that there is no way I would make it in the Marines because I was weak.

But what I realized is I would never make it because I have my own mind, and my individuality. They want slaves, and people with nothing left to look forward to in civilian life, the "insecures".

Of many of my friends that joined and refused I saw a pattern. The ones who joined were the guys who had less than average communication skills and were fatherless and/or POOR. Of those who refused, they were "people persons" with high degrees of charisma and were very secure with themselves. I won't say this is how it is everywhere, but this is how it was personally. I fell into the first group, but I guess I had better things to do than serve someone or something. I had INDIVIDUALITY.

I would also like to add, of all the guys I knew who joined the service (especially the Marine Corp) came back as alcoholics, insecure, and found it very difficult to find work and assimilate to civilian society. I believe joining the military is a cop out on "real life" it is for many who can not communicate and present themselves well in society.

I am 29, for reference to time line.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

First let me start by saying I respect all military. Much of my family is enlisted or was and I am proud of every one of you. Now I have a question I know a young girl who wants to enlist in the Navy and she is trying to loose weight to get in. I think it is great problem is she has been on antipsychotic medicine in the last six months and went into rehab less than a year ago. I worry about her mental ability to handle stress. I thought (and I could be wrong) that these were disqualifying issues. I think she lied to her recruiter about it. Will they find out? If so could she get into trouble? Could they get into trouble for letting her in and something happens to her? Like a break down or attempted suicide? I was just worried do you mind letting me know the 411 in this situation. Thank you so much.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I want to thank the OP for taking his time and effort to help inform people.

I am honored to have had the chance to serve in the United States Army and the United States Air Force. I am proud of my service in Iraq and in Afghanistan. I have had the opportunity to do and see things most people can only dream about.

To the critics, especially those making accusations: 75% of the US military's mission is to provide support to the 25% whose role is combat. I have seen both sides as a combat MOS member and a supporting AFSC member. If anyone bothered to investigate or do research they would soon realize that the vast majority of the military's role isn't about combat and that most personnel arn't even trained for it. Truck drivers, cooks, supply, mechanics, engineers, commo, heavy equipment operators, medics, and so on are there to support.

Even combat related roles are not all about combat. I helped bring school supplies to children and also helped in humanitarian operations in Afghanistan. If people only knew and understood how bad things were over there before we got there. We have given them hope. They have known nothing but war and terror since the USSR invaded and left the country in ruins. For the first time in decades they now have a chance to rebuild and recover.

I have no regrets. I will continue to serve my country and defend the constitution of the United States of America.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
- We do not lie to get people to enlist. When I say we, I say it as a whole. Is there one or two out of 100 that do? Of course! But then again, I'm almost certain that I can apply the same bad apple ratio to a number of other things people hold near and dear, like Religious figures, Teachers, Law Enforcement officers, Senators, Representatives, Doctors...I mean, I could continue, but I think you get the point. I can apply the same negative logic against most other people/professions that is used against "those no good lying recruiters". So no, we don’t lie. If a recruiter gets caught they get released from recruiting and reduced in rank

My navy recruiter lied to my face. This would've severely altered my future had I actually gone through with what he said I 'needed' to do. Fortunately I was not bound by the contract I signed since I was 17. I'm sure this means nothing to other people, but when it happens to you, it means the world to you. So, while YOU may not lie to get people to enlist, I think it's unfair to make the sweeping statement "we do not lie to get people to enlist" which is simply untrue, with or without the excusing cavaet of "theres a bad apple in every bunch".

[edit on 19-6-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A question for the OP: Is it true that you can't get in the military if you have bad debt?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Off topic but I was a fan during the Reign in Blood days! I think I threw my neck out on that one.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I think a lot of the people that are coming here to bash you have little or no experience with the Military while the ones that do have are more upset with the leadership of this country as opposed to the individual in uniform.

The economy and a lot of other things have them worried.
The rest, they are just deviants and as such of little importance

Sometimes a few words of reassurance for our fellow Americans can go a long way but as long as they are fed B.S it is normal for them to lose confidence.

Please don't take it the wrong way but its the guys at the top the are making a lot of people nervous and from what I read, some of them are worried that the U.S Military will be used against Americans who don't agree with some of the "decisions" being made by our Government.

These decisions include Bank Bailouts, Constitutional rights and other things.

They believe that for any number of reasons men with guns will come for them sooner or later and since we all know the Congress and Senate wont be kicking any doors down they assume it will be different branches of the U.S Military working with Local Law Enforcement.

At this point their theories vary from executions to Abu Ghraib style torture.

In a candid and respectful conversation and what would you tell someone who believed something like that?

When I was in the Military the UCMJ was very clear I never thought for a moment I would be used that way.

I swore to defend the Constitution and the American people, I know you did too, so please don't let deviants who will come here and bash you, think that they represent more than the smallest fraction of the American people.

If they talk about the Constitution they honor you, who are the defenders of it.

Without the U.S Military and 2A we would all be mining the hills with some Chinese guy beating us with a stick telling us to dig faster.

i.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 6/19/2009 by samhouston1886]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
These people are called "other people with opinions that do not match yours" - something that I think you do not like very much. Damn those pesky people who have other opinions to your own!! Damn them to hell I say!!!

no, actually they're called bile spewing aging liberal hippy douchebags. it's a whole class of brainwashed losers in society that actually don't have much of a clue about the world around them. Generally, these spineless wastes of life love to inhabit popular hippy dirtbag hangouts, typically as career students at overpriced liberal BS colleges who are mastering the art of such useful things as basket weaving and how to pass off random crap as art, part of psycho environmental organizations whos minds are about as open as your average nun's legs, or sitting in political forums and overall being a degenerate waste of space.

The fact that they have a poorly thought out knee jerk opinion which is rather different than my opinion is mostly just coincidence but also not surprising.

Thank you and have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Funny thing is for training "murderers" the navy has very few actual on the ground combat troops. I joined the navy when most of the world looked at me and said that I would amount to nothing. Now I'm a nuke machinists mate and to my knowledge will never see a battlefield. Maybe move a ship to one, but yeah, im not going around popping heads off.

To the author: good job shipmate on clearing some stuff up. My recruiter told me flat out what life would be like and everything about nuke school.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seyana
I see what you are saying here but it is unfair of you to blame this man for the actions of our government. The fact is that it did happen, regardless of anyones opinions on if it should or shouldnt have.

That being said whats done is done and no enlisted soilder can change, or could have ever changed that. The most they can do is make the best of a bad situation and do their best to defend the innocent people being affected as well as defend themselves when nessicary.

Also I don't think he was stating that he was proud to have killed someone. he was just being honest about the fact that, yes he had killed someone, but given the situation, only did what he had to do to see to it that he did not have to watch any more of his friends (or himself) die at the hands of that person.

Well I don't "blame" those who went, especially if they were already signed up. As I said earlier, I myself served in the military, so I understand how it works. If you do not go along with things, then you will have your life torn apart as much as possible. I can't blame those people.

Even those who are manipulated and think they are doing the right thing. I can't blame them either. They don't realize what they do. It doesn't make it right, but I understand. It is those who manipulate them as such who be blamed. Which brings us to this thread.

What I do "blame" him for is his justification for it. At which point, he isn't just saying - "hey, I was in the military and under contract, I had to do what I did", which I can understand. But at that point he is actively sticking up for what has happened, and is actively trying to get others to do the same and join him in doing it. And I'm sorry, but as far as that goes, it is then his own actions and choice, and he is the one to blame for that.

My uncle is a very very high ranking Marine. He has served for over 20 years and has been trying for atleast 3 years now to get out. He has a stipulation that as long as he is being promoted, he can't get out. So they keep giving him new titles as "promotion" even though he maxed out the pay grades long time ago. But it looks like he will finely get out next year. When that man is trying to get out, then there is a reason for it. He is a moral man and he knows these actions are morally bankrupt.

And my little brother also did tours in Iraq and Afganistan. Where is he right now? In Iraq. He tried to get out years ago as well, they extended him for a year. He was out for almost a year and going to school, but they have called him back again and now he's in Iraq again.

Which really brings into question when the OP says they don't have a shortage in recruits. If that is true, then why are my family members having such a hard time getting out? Both have long since done their "time", and neither of them want to be a part of it anymore.

The only way to support the troops is to bring them home. Outside that, it's a lie that you are supporting the troops. You are putting them in harms way under false pretenses no matter how many people want to jump on the high horse and recruit others.

That the OP mentions the economy as being helpful in the recruiting process only goes to show the true nature of things. Volunteers, or desperate people? Why is this thread here? To recruit more people.

How can a military recruiter not lie and at the same time recruit people? I'm pretty sure they don't recruit people by telling them it's an illegal war and we shouldn't be there in the first place. Nope, it's done by pointing out the bad actions of the other side as justification for your own equally bad actions.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

- We do not force your child/cousin/BFF/sibling/etc... to enlist. That's illegal. It's an all voluntary military, and has been for a while now.

You do not force people to enlist but instead choose to enlist many of them from deprived areas. Look at your socio economic statistics. Many of these peeps do not see many other options open to them. Are you truthful, do you prepare them for what they are signing up for? Do you show them pictures of children with there arms and legs blown off, do you show them images of soldiers coming back in body bags or in wheel chairs. Do you show them the statistics of war veterans with mental health, alcohol or drug problems? Do you really explain to them who they are fighting for. Do you tell them they fight for a lie?
, beause it is not American they fight for, but for money and greed.
Son go and wash your hands think hard about what you
do, That speel does not work with me. I think its sick

bw kx

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join