It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old to be sentenced for rape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

12-year-old to be sentenced for rape

www.news.com.au

A 12-year-old boy who raped a young child will be sentenced after failing to convince a court he was wrongly convicted.

The boy - who cannot be named - was found guilty of rape and attempted rape at the end of a judge-only trial in the Children's Court at Townsville earlier this year.

During the trial, the court was told the boy raped a four-year-old boy in May 2007, and tried to rape his own three-year-old brother a short time later.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The other breaking news story about pedophiles has been discussing sex with 12 year-olds, in a heated way.

Now this story breaks about a 12 year-old rapist.

So, is he a pedophile? Should he be executed like some other people have claimed? Is there hope for this boy in the future?

I don't like his chances of staying on the right path, if he can't progress beyond 12 years old, without wanting to rape someone else.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wait, we're debating whether or not to kill 12 year old kids now!

THE DEATH PENALTY LEADS TO GENOCIDE.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'll clarify my opinion, Donnie. I'm not a fan of state sanctioned execution.

I was asking some questions, particularly referring to some of the ideas that people had towards pedophiles in the other thread.

I don't think that a 12 year-old rapist should be executed. Some others might, they've stated as much in the other thread.

Without knowing the details of the case, it's probably speculative to decide what should be done with him. If he was my 12 year-old son, then I'd be very concerned about his future... this kid has a screwed up moral compass.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
There is a difference between a 12 year old child and an adult. The child needs therapy, the adult needs to be put away for life.

Just my thoughts,

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Juvie until he is 18, mandatory therapy and the option for additional jail time if a final psych analysis deems him unfit to be let loose.

Of course register as a sex offender should be mandatory. That way if he is released he can be forced to under go additional therapy sessions.

He shouldn't get let off with only therapy.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I'll clarify my opinion, Donnie. I'm not a fan of state sanctioned execution.

I was asking some questions, particularly referring to some of the ideas that people had towards pedophiles in the other thread.

I don't think that a 12 year-old rapist should be executed. Some others might, they've stated as much in the other thread.

Without knowing the details of the case, it's probably speculative to decide what should be done with him. If he was my 12 year-old son, then I'd be very concerned about his future... this kid has a screwed up moral compass.

Ah okay. I agree.

Yeah I don't get how otherwise nice people can be so evil when it comes to the subject of child molesters - it's like any kind of mercy is totally out of the question. I don't think child molesters are evil people - I think like other criminals, they lack a moral compass and are dysfunctional. I think everyone deserves a chance at redemption, but pedophiles should be watched especially closely and really should lose their freedom, but not their life.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I hate to say this but if you look at past case histories and research, this kid will most likely be a repeat offender, expecially since if he's already commited more than one offense. There is an extremely high correlation between children who commit sexual offenses and adult rapists or rapist/murderers. Cognitive or aversion therapy, drug trials, castration and the like rarely work, much like pedophiles.

He needs to be locked up but I would be curious about the home situation. Not all rapists come from sexually abusive homes but it is a normal pattern. Hopefully someone will actually take the time to study his case and nor just let him sit on antipsychotics until he's 21 which is what usually happens.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I can't believe anyone would even entertain the thought of executing a 12 year old child. That is beyond ignorant, it's completely inhumane. He's a child, who probably has a tough life, scare the # out of him and make sure he understand what he did was wrong. If there was anyone disciplining him this never would have happened to begin with, let alone TWICE.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
I can't believe anyone would even entertain the thought of executing a 12 year old child. That is beyond ignorant, it's completely inhumane. He's a child, who probably has a tough life, scare the # out of him and make sure he understand what he did was wrong. If there was anyone disciplining him this never would have happened to begin with, let alone TWICE.

This is exactly why people who cry for the death penalty to return are doing so out of their own blood lust and not because they really love kids.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Prisoners of all ages here are lucky if they ever see a psychiatrist past an entrance evaluation. Most do not get court-mandated treatment in compliance with sentencing and many never get it at all. There have been several instances of acutely psychotic prisoners murdering cellmates or other patients in the jails and psych wards here over the past couple of years. None of them were being treated and one of them clearly stated his intent to kill to both a ward nurse and the person he killed the day before he strangled him.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ah, jeeze. 12 year old rapist. And he even tried to rape his own little brother! Definitely a psych evaluation, and I would hope therapy. Juvie could be rough for this boy. He could become a victim there himself. Maybe he already is and is acting out on this. If I was a judge and his case was before my court, I certainly would not allow this boy back into his familiy's home. My best guess right now is he might be better off in a psychiatric hospital.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I don't know anything about that. Just stating what should happen. Either way, jail should not be taken off the table.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
There is a difference between a 12 year old child and an adult. The child needs therapy, the adult needs to be put away for life.

Just my thoughts,

well ... when you are born wanting to [SNIP] a little kid ... well, you cannot be changed ... you were born that way, really ... the only thing you would be able to do is to teach that this is wrong ....

but really... 12 years old should know what is right and wrong ... that is absurd

Removed profanity

From the Terms And Conditions Of Use

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 19/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Without knowing the details of the case, it's probably speculative to decide what should be done with him.

That’s the whole nut of the matter right there.

Did he rape and abuse and perform physical acts of violence resulting in the maiming of a child? Or did a session of playing *doctor* get out of hand?

Without knowing more details of this particular incident it's impossible to give a informed opinion of what should be done with him.

I’ve seen and met 12 years olds with such vile intent lurking behind their eyes they exude pure evil.

Little Jeffery Dahmer, young Ed Gein, miss Karla Homolka...
And remember that boy who just got convicted of mutilating all those cats?
Slashing open their bellies, crushing their heads and *posing* them on the lawns of the owners homes?

Does this child rapist need therapy and constant care? Of course. But will that be enough to curb his behavior in the future or will he be the topic of another thread here at ATS in a matter of a few years when we’ll all be saying *remember when*?

Do you think Dahmer or Geins or Homolka could have been rehabilitated? This 12 year old? That's another question right there, for a whole other thread and debate.

But, since we don’t have a crystal ball to take a peek if he rapes children in the future I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

One thing to remember though...

If this *child* started fires and killed people and destroyed massive land tracks causing millions of dollars of damage, (just one of many examples of children sentenced as if he’d reached his majority), you can bet he’d be tried and convicted as an adult.

Because it’s a *sex crime* you can also bet he’ll be mollycoddled and given a tootsie pop after each and every psychological evaluation.

The difference?

One crime caused massive amount of financial loss, the other, a few tears from an innocent child.

How offensive is that - people in general put a higher price tag on monetary loss than children's loss of innocence?

One grows back.

The other NEVER will.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I wouldn't call him a rapist. People won't agree but traits don't solidify until adulthood. Health professionals even hessitate to diagnose teens with anxiety or personality disorders since they often change and the "personality disorder" becomes nonexistent. So to label him a "rapist" at such a young age I wouldn't agree with. And since rehab is the goal, labeling him a rapist isn't going to do any good.

Someone said to take him away from his family and put him in a psychiatric hospital. I sort of wonder on what grounds do you base your opinions. Do you have any education in psychology? I sometimes think people miss the point of what best would help a person.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I wouldn't call him a rapist.

So what would you call him?

If he murdered someone - would you call him a murderer? Or substitute some other wuss-out name?

Get real. People soft-soaping child rapists of any age makes me want to puke.

The facts are the article says he raped a 4 year old boy.

If he sodomized that baby and left genetic material inside that child - that’s what rape means! What else would you call this little freak?

My statements above, in my post in this thread, were more in general, taking his case as generic to debate the issue of children rapists.

But facts are facts.

This 12 year old raped a 4 year old, admitted to his father he knew what he was doing because he was *horney* and tried to rape his brother.

Enough said.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
so in the other thread , many people , including som here were calling for death to pedo`s , no chanc at rehab , they`ll allways be like this;

and now because a peedo is 12 - you think he can be `fixed`

make up your minds will ya.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Like I said, from a rehabilitation standpoint, if I were a psychologist/psychiatrist, I wouldn't advise the use of the word rapist. The word is only going to hinder rehab, which is the main focus for any health professional. From a health professional's perspective, I don't have to call him anything, maybe his name would suffice. Judgment and condemnation isn't the best course of action for anyone who wants to help the person and their situation.

Many of you don't seem to think of "what will best help the situation" and instead you get reactionary, and it definitely isn't a good trait to have when trying to help others.

That wasn't as refined as I'd like it to be, but its 1:30 here so it'll have to do

[edit on 19-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
They make a sexualised society for the kids through tv programs, consumerism, media, magazines etc etc and then we blame the kids.
Farout im sick to death with sex being sold to kids let alone now understanding children committing sexual acts is beyond incredible and only going to show where society leads. This is proof enough sex is being sold to children, which leads to them experimenting. We will see more and more of these repercussions as children are still being sold sex.
Sick!
We need to let go of our carnal nature as we are driving the kids to not leed a normal life but that based on sexuality.
They will grow up thinking sex is the only way they will get anywhere in life,once they hit 30 will regret their actions or continue to be perverted by society's lust for sex sells and subliminal sex symbols.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join