It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth In Imminent Danger ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
To whom it concerns.

Rome had better technology than the 1500's.

That's kind of scary.

It's like a rebuiliding process.

The same thing could happen

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
To whom it concerns.

That's kind of scary.

You originaly said 1900. That is not correct. We were far advanced over the Romans in 1900. As far as 1500, I do not know enough about that period.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That's kind of scary.

Could you give me a few examples, of technology that was better in the 1500. Compaired to now.

To the topic, I think that anything can happen at anytime. Thats how chaos works.
The planet is "over due" for alot of things.

So much has had to happen for humans to be here. So much more is going to have to happen for us to stay.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Humans will remain on the Earth till the end of Earth...ya'll actually believe that if a asteriod hit, nuclear war killed us...etc....that their wouldnt be 500 people left on this Earth out of 6 Billion?...I find that truely hard to believe....

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
Comet's aren't dirty snowballs.

uh... yes they are. it's just they're incredibly large, incredibly fast dirty snowballs.

3 galaxies line up exactly the MAYANS predicted. This is the real stuff.

you can take just about any three galaxies and line thm up. hell, you can probably take 50 galaxies and they'll be lined up. there are billions of galaxies, and billions of possibilities. so yes, it may be real, but that means nothing. nice try though.

also, as Facefirst said... the romans were not as advanced as us in 1900. not even in astronomy.

To whom it concerns.
That's kind of scary.

earlier it was 1900, and now it's 1500? way to stick by your information!

well the roman empire fell in 476, and then all of europe entered into the dark ages. the dark ages then lasted will into the 11th century, when the first crusade began. the for the next few hundred years europe was occupied with those and almost nothing to do with science.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I cant even comprehend how Rome could have be more advanced then us?...The USA alone...just years after its creation....was more advanced then Rome ever was...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There won't be a large asteroid or meteor hitting the earth until God allows it.

According to the book of Revelation the approximate order of events is:

Global financial collapse
Global famine
25% of humanity dies
Global earthquakes
Meteorite showers that destroy 1 third of the plant life
Asteroid hits the sea killing 1 third of the sea life
1 third of the earths water supply becomes poisoned
Astronomical calamity that blocks out he sun and stars for 1 third of the day and night
Demonic Torture for 5 months
A further 1 third of humanity is destroyed
No rain for 3.5 years
Disease on those who worship the anti-christ
All remaining sealife dies
All rivers turn to blood
Major sunburn

Complete darkness
Biggest earthquake ever
50Kg hailstone storm
The remaining earths military goes to war against God (lol)

Theres alot of other things you can infer from that such as tidal waves.

Crazy crazy stuff but God did it before with a worldwide flood.

There's also predictions from 2500 years ago of the rise of the EU, the re-establishing of the nation of Israel & the rebuilding of the Jewish temple.

God did give us a way out though and we can't say we weren't warned.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenPin
There's also predictions from 2500 years ago of the rise of the EU, the re-establishing of the nation of Israel & the rebuilding of the Jewish temple.

I'd like to see some proof of that, where (specifically) "rise of the European Union" is mentioned rather than some mysterious "Ten giant things will come together in blue and orange and the great red snail will reign ..." kind of prediction.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by TenPin

I'd like to see some proof of that, where (specifically) "rise of the European Union" is mentioned rather than some mysterious "Ten giant things will come together in blue and orange and the great red snail will reign ..." kind of prediction.

If you really want proof do an extensive study of Daniel Chapters 7-12. It is nowhere near vague and specifically predicts a revived Roman Empire and the 3 preceding empires hundreds of years before they actually existed. Another interesting prophecy is through Ezekiel (Chap 38 & 39) who basically says that nations will try to nuke Israel but the nukes won't go off for some reason and Israel will use the material from the nukes to produce electricity. You can't get much more specific than that.

Daniel predicted, the Babylonian Empire was ultimately conquered by the Persians; the Persians were, in turn, conquered by the Greeks; and, the Greeks were conquered by the Romans. But no one conquered the Romans. The ensuing struggles for power, and the influx of external tribes into the cohesion that once was Rome, went on for almost two millennia.

www.khouse.org...
www.khouse.org...
www.khouse.org...
www.khouse.org...

www.khouse.org...

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by TenPin]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenPin But no one conquered the Romans. The ensuing struggles for power, and the influx of external tribes into the cohesion that once was Rome, went on for almost two millennia.

Hi TenPin!

Interesting, though perhaps you might also rely on other sources as well?

For example:

"There is no simple explanation for the collapse of the Western Roman Empire, but several interconnected elements provide some answers. The demands of the military and the growing bureaucracy forced the government to seek more income. When the elite avoided taxes, the burden fell on the peasantry, who had barely enough to feed themselves and no surplus to pay taxes. When farmers fled the land, incomes declined still further and manpower shortages forced the military to hire German mercenaries. This cycle led to a weak, impoverished central government that quietly collapsed in 476."

This from here

There have *always* been "end times". For a good source on these, please have a look here

This cites examples from 1500BCE

"Many historians trace the apocalyptic world view back to the Persian prophet Zoroaster, who spoke of a cosmic battle between good and evil ending in a new, perfect world for humanity. The Zoroastrian tradition survives today in Iran and as the basis of Parsiism in India."

through to 1999CE

"As the end of the millennium draws near, the impending "Y2K" computer crisis receives more and more attention. Y2K hits two classic apocalyptic nerves--fear of technology and global interconnectedness--while also possessing the classic feature of a hard and fast date, which fosters increasing panic as "the End" approaches."

Just my �0.02...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genya
There have *always* been "end times".

I base my only view on end times solely on what the bible says is going to happen. Bible prophecy is 100% accurate because it is inspired by God.

The bible is very clear on some things that have happened in the last 100 years such as the re-establishment of Israel as a nation. This event and many others including the rise of a European Empire indicate that we are indeed entering the end times scenario that the Bible details.

The most iminent one that I can see is the horsemen of the apocalypse (no seriously !).

Revelation 6:1-7

I looked on when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a thunderous voice, �Come!� So I looked, and here came a white horse! The one who rode it had a bow, and he was given a crown, and as a conqueror he rode out to conquer.

Then when the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, �Come!� And another horse, fiery red, came out, and the one who rode it was granted permission to take peace from the earth, so that people would butcher one another, and he was given a huge sword.

Then when the Lamb opened the third seal I heard the third living creature saying, �Come!� So I looked, and here came a black horse! The one who rode it had a balance scale in his hand. Then I heard something like a voice from among the four living creatures saying, �A quart of wheat will cost a day�s pay and three quarts of barley will cost a day�s pay. But do not damage the olive oil and the wine!�

Then when the Lamb opened the fourth seal I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, �Come!� So I looked and here came a pale green horse! The name of the one who rode it was Death, and Hades followed right behind. They were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill its population with the sword, famine, and disease, and by the wild animals of the earth.

The White Horse is the anti-christ so by this point the Christian Church will have been taken from the earth to heaven. The bible makes it clear that those who accept Jesus and turn from sin are not appointed to wrath. If one day you see the news talking about a billion odd people missing from the earth you'll know what has happened
At the moment most of the visible Christian church is fairly disorganised but it is rapidly becoming organised and rapidly expanding. Expect to see increasing persecution of Christians that hold firmly to what the bible says. In China Christianity is illegal. You are put in prison and your family members are not allowed to work unless you renounce your faith. They used to execute people for being Christian but that failed because it made more Christians that it got rid of. Estimates put the number of Christians in China at about 130 million.

Ok so the earth has never really had peace so the Red Horse would seem to indicate an escalation of wars. I would suggest that with escalations in the middle east things are not going to get any more peaceful.

The Black Horse indicates massive monetary inflationa and a corresponding food shortage. I see this as extremely likely in the next 10 years if the oil peak takes its toll. This would also induce substantial wars over the oil in the middle east, in particular between China and the USA.

The Pale Horse indicates widespread disease and death. Even now the medical profession is predicting that emerging new diseases like SARS are likely to become more widespread and they simply do not have a cure.

Ultimately this is all in God's timing and he will have his church established and removed before the earth is judged.

White Horse
Red Horse
Black Horse
Pale Horse

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Holy display of stupidity in this thread, Batman!

At any rate that scenario is as well researched as the movie "10.5" and I must urge you to laugh at it for the sake of your IQ

top topics

<< 1   >>

join