It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet underground takes on Iran: anonymous to the rescue

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Okay than argue with a 38 year old male that hasn't had to go to work in the morning in over a decade thanks to the Internet, has 3 kids and Golfs at the same club as the previous Republican Presidential candidate.

(don't ask me to explain, just picture Chevy Chase in Caddy Shack)

Please Enlighten me why I should not be a massive supporter of the Largest generation of American Youth in History if they are rising up against the machine.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nerds rule the world btw...

seriously or are just about to if not yet...

so thanks for the compliment... I even own one of those retarded T-shirts that say GEEK and I get laid all the time. Nerds go places in life, Unlike the text books in High School... Nerds In HS grow up, to be big Nerds with lots of pull.

There is a reason The Rockefellas and Rothschilds want to crush the internet and that reason is they have an butt whooopin coming economically and literally and they know it

Just sayin

who's side are you actually going to be on...

and ... it is no Joke when the word WAR is used.

if this is what 80 Million kids can do now.... things are going to get interesting real soon.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The joys of any attempts to crush the internet revolves around the fact they have to rely on those who run it to do anything about it, so there are always those anonymous on the inside of anything.

Only anonymous can destroy anonymous and only when anonymous is ready

and it's going to have to wait until the last Caturday in hell is over

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
reply to post by zooplancton

These kind of sites are set up by the CIA, Mossad and MI5 - sheesh - how much more obvious does it have to be?

Do they need to put the CIA logo on the top of the page before people will understand what this is about?

It isn't obvious and it isn't true. You don't know 'bout Anonymous if you believe this.

Learn2internet

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Iran, Why We Protest

There are many misconceptions about Anonymous, and what they are up to with Iran.

Yes, there are a number of /b/tards, 4channers, kids, geeks, trolls, and social misfits that are simply out for the lulz. There are also a significant number of citizens of the net that believe in social justice. This is the Anonymous that I speak of.

I had a sit down face to face meeting yesterday with one of the major players in the Anonymous/ Iran movement. One of the shadows helping to set this all up. There is a good reason why they are able to help out in this situation. They have probably more experience than anyone in setting up a web site for social change that is bullet proof against DDoS attacks. Their Anti-Scientology site gets attacked on a regular basis, yet survives. While the Government of Iran is shutting down portals to block news and to prevent the citizens of Iran from planning and communicating, Anonymous has been able to set up a multi gigabit pipeline directly into Tehran so that the word can be spread around the globe. The Govt of Iran hired hackers in Russia and Poland to attack the pipeline, but they had no success at shutting it down. Anonymous IS the internet, and Pirate Bay is well experienced in anonymous and secure server implementation. I wont go into the details, to protect the positive work they are doing, but their unstoppable pipeline is a major contribution in getting the news out of Iran. Much bigger than you are aware of.

The contribution of Pirate Bay is crucial. They are not just a music file sharing site, but also a growing political party(they picked up one more MP yesterday when a German MP switched over to The Pirate Party). Pirate Bay has the server power while Anonymous has the know how to organize a solid protest site. In under one week their Iran, Why We Protest site gained over two hundred thousand members. This is only the beginning I assure you. Their plans are much bigger than this.

As for those who say that Anonymous has been ineffective against Scientology, you would be mistaken. Because Anonymous has brought increased public attention to the Evils of Scientology, much has gone on. The ability of the Cult to recruit new members is way down, along with a significant drop in their revenue. A number of Cult Orgs have been closed down. There are a several new court cases against the Cult, a wrongful death suit, and a major court case in France that could lead to the banning of the Cult in the country, large fines, and jail terms for the cult leaders. The UK is investigating the Cult for immigration fraud, and there is even a US Supreme Court appeal over the bogus tax status of the cult. Before Anonymous brought the light onto the cults activity, few thought this type of action would result in anything being done. Tom Cruise still can't fly.

While the people of Iran struggle against oppression for the rights of a free Democracy, we, the anonymous members of the Internet, can stand by them, offering hope, and holding out a helping hand of friendship. The internet knows no borders, no limits, and because of this, no corrupt government can stand the light of day that we all can bring to shine on their actions. Join us, help our brothers and sisters in Iran, and Protest against injustice. The citizens of Iran hold their heads high, knowing that when they take to the streets for their rights, it could be their last act on this Earth. The least we can do is offer them back up.

We do not forgive. We do not forget. We are Anonymous. We are Legion.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Okay than argue with a 38 year old male that hasn't had to go to work in the morning in over a decade thanks to the Internet, has 3 kids and Golfs at the same club as the previous Republican Presidential candidate.

(don't ask me to explain, just picture Chevy Chase in Caddy Shack)

Please Enlighten me why I should not be a massive supporter of the Largest generation of American Youth in History if they are rising up against the machine.

Tell me, where were you during the 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2008 AMERICAN elections??? We could've used people with your support and enthusiasm to get to the bottom of OUR OWN RIGGED ELECTIONS. We needed people like you when the Patriout Act (or as I call it, the Anti-Constitution Act) was passed and when our leaders started to take our guns away from us. Where were you when our leaders authorized the invasions of two Sovereign countries who had absolutely nothing to do with the events of 9/11? (Both then President and Vice President have admitted that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11). I guess you were too busy supporting "the largest generation of American Youth in History rising up against the machine". What machine is that anyway?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I see that on the anonymous website, people are putting their emails for Iranians to send videos, so they can be placed on youtube and elsewhere without it being traced back. I think I'm going to do it.

Ah, the internet. The last bastion of true Free Thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

That is great!!! and just the kind of personal involvement that we need to help out our brothers and sisters in Iran.

We are all in this together, whether we are American, European, Asian, or Iranian. Numbers count, and every individual adds to the whole. As Obama stated, we are all witnesses. We can all take part in our own way.

Obama is right not to get too involved, as it will give the corrupt Iranian Administration an enemy to single out as the imperialist cause of the troubles. This would take away from the legitimate protests of the people of Iran. This does not mean that the US is doing nothing, they are involved in helping out, just quietly by supporting the people who seek free democracy in Iran.

I would also like to mention that it was Anonymous that got Twitter to remove the follower limits on the key people in Iran who are getting the message out. By ending this limit they have been able to reach a wider audience and effect a more significant involvement.

[edit on 21/6/09 by Terapin]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
So.

Is Anonymous "everyone," or is Anonymous the puppet army of a few "key players?" It's one or the other, it can't be both. If every member of Anonymous is of equal stature, then I can buy this whole "Anonymous is the Internet" hype that some of you are shouting. If it has "leaders" as one poster suggested earlier, and those leaders are anonymous, then how would you ever know if they were replaced by somebody or something with an agenda?

And it's not that I don't support the destruction of Scientology, or the freedom of Iran, or catching people who abuse their cats or molest children. It's Anonymous itself that I have trouble putting any faith in. Somebody once said, "Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain." It might have been a character in a Harry Potter book, but it's good advice nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Anonymous has no leaders. There are people who do much of the organizing of events, but such events are due to the will of the masses. You can organize all day but if no one cares, then no one will show up. When people are interested, great things can happen. It is that simple.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Well, take a look at this post by Shadowflux

"However, there are different levels of participation in the Anon community, the lowest rung of which is what is known as 4chan, also known as failchan and "the sea of pee" (well, they use less polite wording)

Those that do the real work do so without the majority of "Anon" having any idea of what is going on. Basically, by the time you've heard about it, if you're not in the right circles, it's old news.

The protests we saw against Scientology were known as "IRL raids" and are not sanctioned by the higher leveled "Anon" as Anon is an internet entity and appearing in public, proclaiming your membership in "Anon" is anything but Anonymous."

Or even this post by SonicInfinity:

Of course it's an orchestrated effort. Every single thing 4chan has done when organized has been orchestrated by 1-20 people.

It sounds to me very much like Anonymous has leadership. Or maybe nobody in Anonymous knows for sure, so they just make stuff up? I really don't know. I'm not "in the right circles," because I don't blindly follow a leader if I have no idea what their motives and intentions really are. If I want "lulz" I'll find a way to do it without deriding victims of horrible diseases like AIDS or epilepsy. If I want to fight for a cause, I'll set my own path instead of blindly following some "Anonymous" figure whose true intentions I can only ever guess at.

Like I said earlier, never trust something that thinks for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain. If Anonymous has leadership, it can be taken over easily. If it doesn't have leadership and works as you claim, then any Joe Schmoe can organize a large group of people to take up any task he wants them to and all he has to do is have a really good "sales pitch," so-to-speak.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thereaintnospoon

I wasn't doing anything other than having lulz on the net and making money and partying too much actually...

You can't truely blame the govt for this mess... we all over indulged, from the 70's on lol

Should read my detox thread... what the heck was I detoxing or so sick from? Behaving myself through those years?

Funny thing is unlike Iran no one in this government did a thing to bother me nor have they and I was living like a lunatic mostly...

I just don't feel the personal oppression...

And Jed fudging some votes in Florida, is NOT the same thing as what is happening in Iran... they ran a completely fake election, women have to wear masks, people aren't allowed to live and grow and change...

If my life was like that I'd revolt too

But my life had so much freedom I had to learn some lessons, the HARD way as it should be and I did not...

run about crying about the Govt lol, for my mistakes... so take this economy and freedom limitations as you will... we are fat and lazy and spend to much and have to much debt

and Life always corrects itself and seeks balance... so now things are tough

As far as the war, I agreed with it mainly... The Taliban was a fine war and still going on and I completely suport it, and...

what's happening in Iran might not be happening if we didn't invade Iraq... in the end more good will come from these actions than bad did.

Only thing they pissed me off about is lying

But look

Because of people like you they have to... seriously

The worlds running out of Oil, we preserved our reserves, including Shale and we dominate Bio Diesel in a growing season if we need to and... we are pumping Iraq Dry, Europe is eating Russias Oil

Hate to tell you... if you think hiding behind 7 proxies will save you from the Russians or Chinese if we don't at least compete in the Oil Wars your dead wrong... if we can't fuel or ships in 20 years or planes and cars...

Yes, that is when America can and will be taken for real...

Things like the patriot act...

Like McCarthyism, Prohibition, Witch Hunts... they will fade... Just like this Evil dictators ideas did evil globalist

Dominating in oil in 20 years makes for another American Century

sure, they did some nasty stuff...

But no... I wont be running into the street like an Emo cry baby when my biggest problem I ever had in my life amounted to not knowing how to use too much freedom wisely... blame Bush lol, like he made us all buy houses we couldn't afford and run up our credit cards... you know, he put a gun to my head...

LOL

What kind of intellectual rant was that anyway?

That was seriously awful, wah, the govt...wah war, your not protesting in the street....

Duh

I live in America I was Golfing and Drinking...

Here's your biggest patriot act worry ...

FBI

[edit on 22-6-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I mean... for the love of G-d, compared to us the Iranians have as much freedom as the Oompa Loompas did under Charlie.

How can you even compare situations?

Your just mad because it's not the first time you've been rick rolled before...

What Anonymous is doing is great...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Up to now its all well and good...but wait till the anonymous-spirit targets something you cherish. People you cant see are the most powerful adversaries.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Anything is possible Sky

But honestly, I just get these kids sense of humor and have allot of faith in Humanity

will there be moments where, enough people on the net, under the banner of anonymous get carried away? Attack what did not deserve... sure.

But for the most part I don't see the bulk of Western Nerds sitting on the net getting up in arms over things that don't actually deserve getting up in arms about.

And in the end that is what Anonymous is, the voice and opinions of Most of a demographic of the Internet, kind of hard to get it together to agree on anything...

I see this as an interesting take on democracy...

Because nothing can happen usually unless MOST and I don't mean 51% but more like 90% of the people who follow the banner agree on it...

Sure... Nazi Germany happened too and MOST people agreed...

So yeah, there is always danger from any group... of getting out of control

But I have faith...

I really do, I can see it

behind this, there is allot more intellect than the previous generation, a response to a past of adults who really do, worry way too much and take life way to seriously

How did we get to a place where, some would say the police and govt are out of control?

People... people who worry allot, and really do... project in a way... allot more Negative energy as I see it than even the worst of what those in /B do

Just watch the NEWS... it's a horror of negative thought, these characters... make fun of these things which is a some what at least healthy way of coping with reality

Unlike their parents, heck at 38 my parents

If Connie Chung said there was a gang problem my mother joined the neighborhood patrol, if Dan Rather said drugs were bad, she was ready to have people executed for smoking a bit of Bud...

Beneath all this light heartedness and Lulz... and YES sometimes down right mean stuff...

there is a reaction, to all the FEAR, the senseless overwhelming FEAR

and I'm sure it's a good thing

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

And with a bit of thought...

YOUR 100% right, as history shows the day comes where all things become ISM's

We once threw a Tea Party

Now, while I do not side with those here who scream revolution... the words "Ridiculous" and "Retarded" often come to my lips in regards to some policies of this government here in the States

So sure man... your right

But

Today, helping the Iranians and breaking the chops of Scientology and making light of a politically correct world...

For now, it makes me happy and gives me some Lulz

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Anyone able to get into iran.whyweprotest.net... today?

It was fine last night, now I cannot get into any of the forums - server down for maintenance or something more sinister?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
panic over - it's back again now

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I bet the Iranian people are thrilled to see how quickly the world stopped caring about them when Micheal Jackson died.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

We are all anonymous..that's why we are powerful.
Together we stand..divided we fall.
Lets stand for each other.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join