It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet underground takes on Iran: anonymous to the rescue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I completely agree with and support the work Anonymous is doing in regards to Iranian freedom of speech.

I also supported their campaign against Scientology.

However, there are many ATS members who lump them in with the rest of 4chan's immature and slightly off balance members.

They are (or at least have become) better than that. At least their purpose has gone from being 'for the lulz' to at least including some worthwhile causes.

And while they continue to fight against the wrongs in the world, I've got no problem with them.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Anon is the USA noone else. It is all an orchestrated attack. I am suprised more peeps on ATS dont see that.
kx

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Anon is the USA noone else. It is all an orchestrated attack. I am suprised more peeps on ATS dont see that.
kx

Of course it's an orchestrated effort. Every single thing 4chan has done when organized has been orchestrated by 1-20 people. Of course, no matter how much people spam for others do to something, it's useless if nobody agrees with it.

Unless you mean the CIA has infiltrated 4chan and is leading them to the slaughter. That is also possible.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Jeez guys, please remember that they are doing it for the lulz.

They aren't doing it to better mankind. They are doing it because it's really funny.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
FYI, I pulled up whyweprotest.net off of ATT service, but after a few clicks every page was *broken*. No refresh, nothing.

User error or . . . TPTB

Anyone else get this too?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oeden
FYI, I pulled up whyweprotest.net off of ATT service, but after a few clicks every page was *broken*. No refresh, nothing.

User error or . . . TPTB

Anyone else get this too?

Activating new server, it was announced two days ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Now if only someone in that group could find a way to hack into the govt computers and find out WHO fixed the election. I'll bet ya $$ it was the US govt...

And before anyone calls me 'Anti American'- I was born and live here. I also am taking into account EVERYTHING that has happened as of late.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

* Anonymous has no weakness or flaw.

What happens when the powers that be do something bad and pass it off as Anonymous?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
kx

When you say, "USA" do you mean the U.S. Government? Because I'm pretty sure that the DoD has better things to do than close the Habbo Hotel pool "due to AIDS." I also doubt that the DoD would have much interest in defacing epilepsy support groups' websites with flashing images.

Anonymous is a bunch of bored teenagers, behaving exactly like all bored teenagers do: They form a group mentality and follow their herd, they cause trouble to pass time, and if you make them mad they'll harass you online.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
When you say, "USA" do you mean the U.S. Government? Because I'm pretty sure that the DoD has better things to do than close the Habbo Hotel pool "due to AIDS." I also doubt that the DoD would have much interest in defacing epilepsy support groups' websites with flashing images.

Anonymous is a bunch of bored teenagers, behaving exactly like all bored teenagers do: They form a group mentality and follow their herd, they cause trouble to pass time, and if you make them mad they'll harass you online.

The truf.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Way to go Anon!!

This is how the internet will always work, the government can try to control it but the people who actually know what they're doing, the people who actually create the internet (and consequently much of what is thought of as "internet culture") will always be the ones in charge.

I hope I don't get in trouble for leaking this info but I'll enlighten those not in the know as to the real structure of Anon:

Anon is legion, therefore it is a chaotic mass and can not be controlled.

However, there are different levels of participation in the Anon community, the lowest rung of which is what is known as 4chan, also known as failchan and "the sea of pee" (well, they use less polite wording)

Those that do the real work do so without the majority of "Anon" having any idea of what is going on. Basically, by the time you've heard about it, if you're not in the right circles, it's old news.

The protests we saw against Scientology were known as "IRL raids" and are not sanctioned by the higher leveled "Anon" as Anon is an internet entity and appearing in public, proclaiming your membership in "Anon" is anything but Anonymous.

So just to let you all know, that at the top there are very smart and very skilled programmers, hackers, social engineers and people generally good at defying the established order. At the bottom is a literal army of people willing to do anything they think "Anon" is doing. Those on 4chan are generally the foot soldiers.

Anon IS the internet

This post in no way constitutes an admission of my involvement with Anonymous nor does it presume any personal authority in regards to Anonymous in anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nova

They'll blame it on ebaums. Standard operating procedure you know. Some of their antics are amusing, others not so much. I am glad to see them doing something somewhat constructive with their time.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i have wondered for a while if Anonymous was actually set up buy another group. maybe oil barons/cia.

they tried to create a gas shortage scare last year.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Trust me, there's no hope to try and control Anon. If you tried to recruit them you would regret it very quickly, even Oprah and Fox News haven't been invulnerable to them.

Also, there is a rule against requesting action based on personal insult or agenda. It has to be a good idea and the profitability (not monetary) needs to be agreed upon.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

i think that they are open to exploitaion

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have a feeling that internet (the real internet) will go underground and will share everything, from knowledge to music to programs totally everything and because of all the hacker groups we will stay relativly safe.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Possibly, but you would have to learn to speak the language as well, most people would be equally appalled and confused by the way Anon talks.

Anon is not a force to be trifled with, there are already entire networks of sleeper computers that can be called up to attack any internet target. Hell it could your computer in the bot net and you wouldn't even know it.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If Google was "the Architect", maybe Anonymous would be "the Oracle"?

That thought just ran on my mind now...

O.o

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Sator]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is actually troubling news, if you are able to dig deep. I dont watch the news at all anymore, I barely check yahoo news for the latest updates and so forth. What is bothering me about this whole Iran deal is the way outside forces (probably Mossad and/or CIA) have manipulated the flow of information going into Iran thru twitter, myspace, facebook, etc. I do not believe for one moment that this "Anonymous" group is a bunch of bored teenage high school drop outs. They appear to be a sophisticated group of individuals using covert means and other manipulation tactics to further their agenda. This is precisely what the CIA/Mossad is all about: war by way of deception. It's funny how this happened right before and after the elections. They flood the internet, through various means, with mis and disinformation and pretty much force the Iranian Gov to blacklist some sites. Then they turn around and advocate for free speech. This is textbook Illuminati/NWO/Bilderberger/whatever you wana call them tactics. Problem-Reaction-Solution.

Disclaimer: Of course I dont have any evidence to back up any claims I made in this post, it's purely opionion based.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by thereaintnospoon]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
its too bad that this type of cacophony (if you will) is a nail in the coffin of freedom of speech as well.

but, ya gotta love the pro-active part of supporting a very fundamental issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join