It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Swine Flu contact

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The media and WHO keep bombarding us with statitistics on how rapidly this virus is spreading worldwide and that the number of confirmed cases is steadily increasing on a daily basis.

And yet, it occured to me that neither myself, my family or any of my friends (or even their friends) have yet to come into contact with or see ANYONE with Swine Flu.

So ... let's try and get a feel for how many of us have really had ANY contact (in whatever form) with this Swine Flu.

I'll start it off ...

I'm from Adelaide, South Australia and have seen NO Swine Flu cases.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zetabeam

TX, US.

Many cases. Close to double-digit deaths here.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Mike in Utah. My wife and I both came down with slight case of "flu". Two nurses where she works did as well. They got tested and both families were quarentined for a week. We kept to ourselves for 5 Plus days (we used our sick time) and are finally feeling better now. Media here says if you're sick, it's most likely swine flu since the other flus aren't predominant now.

8 deaths in Utah

[edit on 18-6-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Cayman Islands. Two identified cases, in a SCHOOL, which would imply to me, several more. No deaths. We are being advised to stay at home and self-quarrantine if we are sick, and only go to the hospital in the case of severe illness, or special circumstances.

We are accustomed to seasonal flus blowing through here; many of us travel to the U.S., and of course, visitors. I see that there is a reknewed interest in dust masks here, as surgical masks are not for sale.

Concerned about a possible [global] restart in the fall; hoping H1N1 attenuates. I won't be taking any vaccine nor Tammiflu. Ever.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
flutracker.rhizalabs.com... - This is what I use to check overall.

There were 4 cases at my husbands job - a college - he said they were ESL students which are students from abroad. they were quaranteed to their dorms

In the states, I am more worried for the Fall version, which I think is the one that will really start to make people nervous.

On a side note: RAVENSARA essential oil is useful for combating the flu, or any sort of respiratory virus, preferably in a bowl of warm water with the aromatic steam inhaled. STRONGLY antiviral. Useful for chronic respiratory conditions as well. I'm personally stocked on the this any many other essential oils and vitamins just in case.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm in Mexico and I'm with the Op in that I don't know of anyone who's had the flu either. If you go into the swine flu thread most of them will tell you everyone has it but I don't think any of them have died from it.
I don't get what all the hype was about when it's less life threatening than the yearly flu???

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
I'm in Mexico and I'm with the Op in that I don't know of anyone who's had the flu either. If you go into the swine flu thread most of them will tell you everyone has it but I don't think any of them have died from it.
I don't get what all the hype was about when it's less life threatening than the yearly flu???

Yes, I'm in agreement with you ... just totally confused about all the hype and yet haven't come across a single case of someone having Swine Flu.

That's why I'm interested in having people post here stating that THEY have PERSONALLY seen someone that does have Swine Flu.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Several in Missouri, I believe that my Grandfather contracted it but he was not tested for it only treated 'as if'.
Hope this helps, good idea OP.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by antar]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I believe my sons and I had it. I was sick for a month. I've never had any flu that lasted over a week and I had the seasonal flu shot as did one of mu sons.

I live near St. Louis MO.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ft. Lauderdale, FL here, and I had it myself about three weeks ago. First confirmed death just the other day. 9 year old Miami-Dade boy. I felt like crap for a week and a half, but on the bright side when it comes back in the fall, I'm already done with it!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I live in Guatemala but was in Mexico when the hype started there. I didn't know anyone there with the flu and I haven't heard anything about anyone in Guat with the flu.

Sounds like it's out of control in America, they have some kind of super strain that's causing them all to get it. Really, why are only Americans getting so sick in such high numbers?

Maybe everyone else should close their borders and keep the Americans out so that they don't get the bad strain that's taking down so many people in America.

I'm not being mean, that's what everyone wanted when they thought Mexico was the problem.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.. there are meant to be heaps of cases around here, but I don't know anyone thats had it and my friends dont know anyone..

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Alabama, United States

No cases here that I know of, and my job requires a fair amount of travel.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dzlr40
I'm in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.. there are meant to be heaps of cases around here, but I don't know anyone thats had it and my friends dont know anyone..

Exactly the same here in South Australia ... we're supposedly not far behind Vic in total number of cases and yet I don't know a single person with the actual disease and I've asked all my family members, friends and their relatives & friends and not a single case is known to any of us.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Personally, I would wish to get this bug now, as perhaps it will provide you with immunity for the fall season.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelonmyshoulder
Personally, I would wish to get this bug now, as perhaps it will provide you with immunity for the fall season.

So do you know of anyone at all with Swine Flu?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Yes, actually a few, I am happy to report it's not anyone in my family. The 4 people I knew were actually really, really ill. Do you know how some people just try to go on, but you can just tell their "under the weather" well, I can say it was worse than that.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
At least 20 people I know personally were sick in March (my husband and I included) for 3-6 weeks. Second round emerging. Two friends back from Argentina and ill at home; at leat four others who are Chicago natives home with ILI (mid-30s, healthy, etc.). Three birthday parties this month cancelled due to illness in our group of friends, and a visit from California from an old friend cancelled, as his girlfriend is sick (Marin County, Ca)

Two new deaths (on top of 6 confirmed) here in Chicago- one, about 5 miles from where I live- a 29-year old in otherwise good health.

Unknown number of students at a Wisconsin college -friend and former professor reports they are ill with flu like symptoms-at least 100 college-aged kids.

At least 15 people down with flu in Western Pennsylvania, who are close (in proximity and relationship) to a friend who lives in their town.

All around us, light traffic, at least five local newscasters are ill and out of work, and another 5 or 6 at work who are sick as can be- pale, coughing, sweating) .

Family in North Carolina reporting their neighborhood of about 50 people has at least four families (20-25) people home sick- kids and young parents (30-45).

Family in Western Michigan (professors) had to postpone exams until autumn, due to mass abseteeism from illness (and not fear of it- actual sickness).

Good friend in town from St. Louis on business unable to meet up due to flu like illness- staying with mutual friends about 20 miles from us.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This virus is increasing the number of infected people with about 2 % a day. A simple calculation shows than by Novermber , almost everyone on the planet will be infected.

Also not to mention the viruses mutate 4-5 times a seson..

So back to the question - possible some people around me had the flu, but the hospital rejected to have them tested. My wife was sick for about 10 days! this was no regular flu!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

I posted earlier this spring that when I went to the doc for my annual physical, two people DIED in the office while I was there. I left quietly, but they wrote me a Tami script- haven't needed it, but there is no doubt this is highly contagious and far more lethal than reported.

Again- I mention (to the boredom, I'm sure, of posters who've read this a million times) that we live in Chicago- and to go from where we live to the city center- about 23-25 miles- usually takes 1.5-2.5 hours EACH WAY, even if it's not rush hour. Now, we can zip in and out of the city in 30 minutes, though there is construction, minimal lanes, etc. No one is on the roads. Are they sick or dead? Are they afraid of being sick or dead and not going to work? In this economy I can't believe people would abuse sick time.....

Would love to know what's happening elsewhere- physical, tangible observations to support the ridiculously under-reported news.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join