It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new '2012' trailer will make you cry tears of fire and carnage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Judging by this trailer, 2012 is nothing but scorched earth, giant waves, and John Cusack and Chewitel Ejiofor getting paid. Wanton crap-exploding for two whole hours. And that last shot, with the U.S.S. John F. Kennedy crushing the White House?

popwatch.ew.com...

Looks good but the Mayans don't mention anything about the world being destroyed, all they say is the end of time.

But I think this will open peoples eyes and they will do their own research after watching this movie.

For me I believe if more people believe something bad is going to happen, it will happen, same thing goes if something good happens. That's with this 2012 prediction based on it's huge scale level.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
who says the mayans were "mans first civilization" also?

surprised its not directed by Michael Bay

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wow...that's insane! Hollywood is seriously feeding off of our fears though...they are going to bank on this movie...wish I'd thought of it first..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

I am interested in this veiw more for entertainment reason.
I, my opinion only, dont believe that 21/12/2012 is bad.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I want to go see that one on IMAX. not a one liner.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Gee can't you just enjoy a great thriller. 2012 will come and go as every year does. IF something happens so be it, nothing can be done to stop it.

Love the one your with.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

OOOOHHHH YESSSSS! That would be great on the super big screens

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I personally can not wait to this movie. If even a fraction of it is based in a possible future, we are all in deep doo doo. Time to make friends with NASA or the Branson guy...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
there goes Hollywood yet again twisting truths into a money-making machine...

i can't even count the movies anymore that incorporate truths and manipulate them into being a big summer blockbuster, so as to make us truth-seekers appear like our entire existence is some fantasy film...

...i guess we gotta be stronger than the labels they place upon us that give us a bad name!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
hmm i wonder who's in the white house at the end? I could name a lot of people id like to see there.

With the underground bases being built, I don't think the elites will survive, even with the shock from it.

I guess good could come out of it

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
bunch of haters! That looks awesome!

Sure it might be based on making money on peoples fears but arent most horror movies? It looks like they are saying we would go through a pole flip and not just a magnetic pole flip but all the plates go flying all over.

is it gonna happen this way? Probably not, at least I hope not but who really knows. But it has John Cusak in it so really how can you not want to see it?

Its called "entertainment" people!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
looks to be quite an epic flick

100% fiction tho

but guess what? there will be DROVES of people believing it's "true"

i wanna see it though because every film this director makes comes out as a masterpiece (IMO)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I like it because I know it'll be entertaining like Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day. All brought to us by the same guy who has a love for making movies where everything humanity has built up in terms of monuments and the like are destroyed by forces beyond our control whether if it be nature, invading aliens, etc. I can't remember but I thought the guy also brought us the more modern Godzilla that was made back in 1998. (And they still need to make a sequel for Godzilla since they left it on a cliffhanger with one of the offspring Godzillas still alive.)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

I have always loved a good end of the world movie. I do not care if it is a 2012 or year 12

Ama

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Consciousness creates reality, and those funding these prophetic 'thrill-rides' know once the conscious collective truly believes it will be bad and that the end is near, then it will be so.

2012, in my deep and honest opinion, marks the point where we become a true collective as a species via social, technological, and spiritual interconnectedness, where we collectively decide which path to take into the future - that of extinction, or that of transcendence.

There are better ways to alert the masses of the choice we will soon face other than that of fear and deception.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wow, all I have to say is Roland really knows how to blow things up. Just.. Wow.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I posted this thread this morning.. mods moved it. Please remove this as well. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
sigh, just a culture who could not even predict their own end, and therefore did not have time to finish their calender, and that's why the so-called end of time is becoming a multi-billion dollar industry hype in today's world among those who have too much time on their hand & does not need to worry about the day to day survival....

I really wonder what the year would have been of the actual end of time if the Mayans had actually finished their calender

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

I did not cry, but maybe I am desensitized by horrible films like Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow. I am curious though, I thought Charlie Frost was the director....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

2012 will bring about the discovery of where mankind and other beings truely began on Earth and the true location has been surpressed from the world but has always been right in front of our eyes. This will be equal to or greater then the discovery of the pyramids. The gates will be opened and this is not a fantasy movie this will really and truely happen.

This find is going to rock the scientific community and part of the puzzle has been kept under lock and key and thought to be impossible what will be found and released. Proof, you will have your proof that it started 1.2 million years ago right in your backyard the Americas.

This will shake the belief system of billions of people on Earth and open our minds that there is more to our existence then we have been lead to believe. The Gate Keepers are waiting patiently.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by amari]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join