It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Spring?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I started this thread to try and get some idea of how wide spread this is. Here in Western Kentucky, we had the worst ice storm in history for this area, then is stayed cold, turned cool and then BAM...90's plus. The heat index today was over 105 and expected to be worse in the coming days. Plus, we have had more rainy days than I ever remember for this time of year. I fear to think about the temps in August. My crabapple tree barely bloomed, my roses look like crap... the good news is I am having to mow every chance I get in between rains! Its almost like a tropical climate!! Oh, and the mosquitos sound like helicopters this year!

Did you skip spring in your area??

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yea it was more or less the same in Texas. Its stayed cold longer than usual then out of nowhere summer hit.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
East Tennessee here.. I can relate.

Welcome to our new world climate.

It only gets more interesting from here on out.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
we have had about the same here in Montana, cold hung on a bit longer than usual but nothing odd.. now we are hitting average of highs of 70 which is about right for this time of year, maby a little off, but not much.
The bugs are out in force though, which is unusual for here..
other than that, not much unusual so far... hope it stays that way, i enjoy it here, maby one week or two out of the year in the 100's, the rest of the time you can bear the heat.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Its really strange. Last month, my husband and I noticed a huge flock of birds in the field, we had never seen these birds before, I googled them and they are a small migratory bird... I will have to ask him tomorrow because I don't remember what they were called, but the are not supposed to migrate through here...I found a map online of their migratory path and they were off...curious if this is due to changing weather...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I bet you do not have the humidity there. You take 100 degrees and factor in 100 percent humidity and trust me, its hard to even breathe!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Helicopters.... LMAO!!!

Yeah we skipped spring here in central UT pretty much and I don't remember this much rain. We have a record for mosquitoes also and they come in clouds! I think its the changing events unfolding for a number of reasons. I also think it might get worse.

But we shall see I guess.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Not sure at all what is up here (mid Atlantic region). We've had a very rainy Spring--with some very hot days mixed in. I'm concerned this will translate to another summer drought. Keeping my fingers crossed that we continue to have enough rain, but not too much.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here in SW KS we went from a super mild winter to summer...spring was about two days long...the part that freaked me out was during the winter it got so warm that the flowers were blooming and the yellow jackets were out...no it's just hot...really heavy rains a couple times last week though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Our world is changing.. only now are we beginning to see the effects of it worldwide.

Nobody wants to see change until it is too late.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Skipped Spring here in Ohio too. It snowed in April then jumped to summer temps shortly thereafter.

We maybe had 2-3 weeks of spring like weather...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ohio is still well below average temperatures. It's gotten hot a few days especially with the sun out, but overall temps have been way off.

Global warming? Nuclear winter? Beats me!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Not too used to seasons here in FL...but where family and friends live in the other parts of the country...reports of limited Spring.

Just hopin' it's more part of the cycle of nature than the cycle of humankind.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I would also like to add that the other day, at about noon, a severe thunderstorm rolled in...the midday sky was darkened, almost black, but there was also a very turquoise blue color mixed right in the middle of the black clouds. To me it looked like the ocean mixed in with the sky...we all commented that we had never seen the sky look like that...it was eerie!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Helicopters!!! Hilariously funny!

The Swarm is a good one too!

Today I saw and heard a twinkie shaped twin blade military helicopter pass to the north, then later pass back to the south. It was very loud!!! not mosquito like.

We can relate to your pains. Mosquitos love me and will find me no matter what and where!

Skeeners are a problem in the mitten state. In my county, they have been spraying the last two nights for mosquitos. This helps for sure.

You can buy some bat houses and put them up in your yard.

Yes, long cold winter, cold spring. Lots of rain lately. More Friday, and Saturday.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
While tornadoes can occur at any time of year, spring is historically the most active period for the storms. However: This Tornado Season Is a Dud.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sounds like Arizona all the time except for this year. This year we actually had a spring. Usually it is cold one month then BANG it is hot. This year it got hot early then it cooled down to below normal temps. Evened out in the end I guess.

I think it has to do with the jet stream moving north every year, IMO.
It moves a mile north every year. Tornadoes move further north each year, and I think we will see the weather patterns change as a result.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I live in southern Ohio, and good weather isn't something we are known for.

Spring lasted about 2 weeks for me, with off days in between.

Had the news on one day, and it was doing temperatures around the world...Baghdad was 112 degrees. THAT makes me feel a little bit better...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I live in New Jersey and our weather is terrible this year! We've had three major hail storms -- I had never even seen one before -- and the ironic part is that I planted all of this crops that I planned on canning and preserving and about 75 - 85% were killed by the NINE INCHES of hail we got a few days ago.

That, and the fact that's it's rained at least 15 days this month and we've only had a couple where the sun came out at all.

It's very sad and depressing. I had read that this may be the year without a summer in the northeast -- I'm beginning to think they may be right!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It does seem like we had spring this year in middle TN. We finally seem to be coming out of a drought.

At least it's not been 32 days of rain like one spring.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join