It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Our Nation’s Leadership.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A letter, by a lady named Janet Contreras, has received an unusual amount of attention over the past few days. Today, Glenn Beck interviewed her on his radio show and spoke with her briefly, on his Fox News show this evening.

In the letter, she pleads with the leaders in Washington to represent her values and to up hold the Constitution. And I feel that neither democrats or republicans are doing their job and I also wants to see that someone in DC is willing to speak for the American majority.
She lists a number of issues that she is concerned with, including, but not limited to, illegal immigration, the TARP bill, cap and trade, ACORN, universal health care and corporate bailouts.

I thought this would be the best place for it. I have searched but I could not find anything on it.

I will provide a link: Glenn Becks blog. Because it is a long but well worth it read.

I just wonder how many other americans feel the same way as she. I know I do!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It may as well be a letter written on toilet paper and thrown into the wind, it would likely have a better chance of someone in Washington getting the letter and reading it.

I'm not sure which bothers me more... The extreme agendas, policies of the Obama administration and majority ruled congress... Or the silence of the opposition.

Republicans are afraid to oppose the administration because of their popularity, they are taking more moderate positions.... That is actually a LIE.

What the Republicans in office, in Washington are doing or NOT DOING is intentional, they have a secret "let them self destruct" policy when it comes to the controlling opposition. They actually want the Obama administration and majority ruled congress to fail... They believe that if they do nothing that is what will happen... They don't give a damn about the people, this country or the elected offices they hold.

There must be balance in government, and even when you are a part of the minority you must do what you can always to protect and serve the people who elected you.

This two party system, as much as the extremes of both will eventually destroy this nation and ultimately leave our constitution a worthless piece of paper.

These left and right games have got to end.

The only way that is going to happen is if the people show up in record numbers at the polls in ALL future elections and fire these corrupted asshats.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I can't agree with you any more which is why I posted this. There needs to be a big change and even if it means firing one of them at a time it needs to be done.
We need to clear out all of the corrupt politicians, which could be all of them and replace them with ones who stand by and honor our Constituion the way it was supposed to be.

new topics

join