It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones being tested for use in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Is this the beginning of the Police State? Unmanned drones being tested in Houston.

Video Link

The is an commercial at the start of the video, so be patient. It is highly worth watching. Local 2 investigators capture top secret HPD test on tape.

I have added a few screenshots from the video below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ede0ed0d4dce.png[/atsimg]

Above is the black trucks that arrived on site to control the test. Some trucks equipped with radar.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a7e819568b3.png[/atsimg]

Above you can see I have circled the launch pad they used to fire off the drone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c79d02fb20d4.png[/atsimg]

Above is an image of the drone in flight.

So what do you guys think , are we close to a police state? Surely looks like they are planning for something. Surely looks like our freedom is being tested once again.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I wonder how high they fly. Because I can see some angry Houston residents using them for target practice.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
They have been flying half a mile from my house for about 10 years. Ours are border patrol drones with I.R. cameras that help the BP cover wider swaths to catch their prey.

I've used them myself at sea to maintain overview on target ships during boardings. Very handy.

Based on your original question, I think we will see much more technology "aid" law enforcement in doing "their job".

Just depends on your interpretation of their job and whether you think they are overstepping the constitution...

Do I think we live in a police state? Nope.

Do I think we could wake up to one at the flip of a switch? You bet your butt I do.

Edit- Just watched the vid. I think it is a little sensationalist for the newscaster to call it secret. By invitation only? Sure... But secret would have called for a larger cordon and confiscating the video. I would not have announced the test or invited the general public either.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by whiskeypoet]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
so basically they can use FLIR cameras to watch people in their own homes?

oh well, they were doing that from heli's previously but with UAVs they can expand it greatly and spread their coverage

you guys do realize this technology allows perverts to watch you and your spouse doing private things together right? in great detail too btw

thats probably the main reason i am 100% against this illegal search without a warrant

i bet that most people who can play with this stuff will love watching people do their private stuff, and it sickens me

top topics

join