It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt bans import of Chinese mobiles, dairy products, toys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Govt bans import of Chinese mobiles, dairy products, toys

timesofindia.indiatimes.com< br />

DELHI: The government on Wednesday put quality restrictions on mobile phones, dairy products and toys in a measure aimed mainly to block their
imports from China and which may trigger another round of wrangling at the WTO between two of Asia's biggest economies.

The Directorate-General of Foreign Trade said mobile handsets without the IMEI , which helps authorities to track the sale and use of the phones, cannot be imported from now on.

Security agencies had raised concern over the use of these phones, many of which, they said, were being used by terrorists to set off bombs and co
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I see India doing alot of this political maneouvering, alot of bans from China.

This is a good thing however, i'm glad they are doing this.

It's important for India not to become a Pakistan. Because in Pakistan the cheapest product is chinese and the most expensive product is chinese. This is horribile for a country like Pakistan in it's current economic situation.

The west needs to be next. Canada and the United States doesn't necessarily need to ban all chinese products but it needs to do a little less business with them and have more citizens boycott their products.
That in my opinion would be the best political scenario.

Even though the reasons had something to do with terroism and security, i'm mostly looking at this from an economic standpoint.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

join