It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Fisk: Secret letter 'proves Mousavi won poll'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Robert Fisk: Secret letter 'proves Mousavi won poll'

www.independent.co.uk

Headed "For the Attention of the Supreme Leader" it notes "your concerns for the 10th presidential elections" and "and your orders for Mr Ahmadinejad to be elected president", and continues "for your information only, I am telling you the actual results". Mr Mousavi has 19,075,623, Mr Karroubi 13,387,104, and Mr Ahmadinejad a mere 5,698,417.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com

www.iranian.com/main/blog/capt-ayhab/signed-letter-in terior-ministry-sadegh-mahsouli

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

Mod Edit: Edited title to reflect actual title.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
From the interior ministry to the Supreme Leader. If this letter is real and Ahmedinejad really lost the election, I wonder how their population will react? Also curious as to reactions of other countries and peoples around the world. Could this cause the Iranian people to throw out the powerful Mullah as a corrupt leader?

www.independent.co.uk

Mod Edit: Edited to reflect actual title.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If the letter is real, then the people of Iran are going to go nuts and it will get much worse over there.

I would need to see the actual photocopy before I would put too much stock in it though. It's easy to claim that there is one and this may just be a ploy to cause more of an uprising.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I did "see" the photocopy, it was on FOX or CNN can't remember which, it sure did look real...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Kinda straight out of a Clancy novel hrm elections are turbulent what can a foreign government agency do to stir the pot to the boiling point. Release a forged letter by the time the fighting dies down no one will remember where the letter went to. Just a random idea popping into my head on that one.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Here is a link to a copy of the Letter...

www.iranian.com/main/blog/capt-ayhab/signed-letter-interior-ministry-sadegh-mahsouli

Below is the complete text of the letter, dated June 13, translated by CBS News:

Salaam Aleikum.
Following your concerns regarding the results of the presidential election and per your given discretion to have Dr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad remain as president during this sensitive juncture. Therefore, everything has been planned in a way that the public announcement will be made in accordance with the interests of the regime and the revolution. All necessary precautions have been taken to deal with any unexpected events of election aftermath and the intense monitoring of all the parties' leaders as well as the election candidates.

However, for your information, the real votes counted are as follows:

Total number of votes: 43,026,078
Mir Hossein Mousavi: 19,075,623
Mehdi Karoubi 13,387,104
Mhmoud Ahmadinejad: 5,698,417
Muhsen Rezai: 3,754,218
Void: 38,716

Minister of Interior

Sadegh Mahsouli

www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/18/world/worldwatch/entry5095195.shtml

[mod edit: fixed long link]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
TV news is saying it make no difference, Karroubi is just old guard.
Guess the people just want their votes counted.
There will be no big change in government.

Wait till they get here and find the government does what it likes.
We could tell them a thing or two when an allowed medium is used.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

I believe this could be true. I just need more evidence than an op-ed piece citing letter.

Please post a original photo-copy or something more tangible than op-ed article and I will drive this cause/be behind it in anyway I can

[edit on 18-6-2009 by sillyboystrucksare4girls]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If its true or not, it will be used to instigate more violence and revolt.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Thanks for the link.
I just copied the end and pasted it on to get it to work. Too many dashes for the post box's liking maybe?

It still may be a ploy to cause more of an uprising, and may very well be forged. I'm sure news sources and intelligence agencies around the world are all over this though by now, so it's just a matter of time before the truth of it comes to light.

Edit: Ah, you fixed it while I was posting. I should've waited a few minutes and I wouldn't have had to copy and paste.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal

From the interior ministry to the Supreme Leader. If this letter is real and Ahmedinejad really lost the election, I wonder how their population will react? Also curious as to reactions of other countries and peoples around the world. Could this cause the Iranian people to throw out the powerful Mullah as a corrupt leader?

www.independent.co.uk

'If this letter is real', OK!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm not buying it. Think about this letter. Not only does this one letter admit that they were rigging the election but to also show "real" results. Seems to convenient to have all that info on one letter in incriminating form like that.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm going to believe this about as much as I believe the "real" Osama videos that keep coming out. You know the ones where he shape shifts into totally different looking Osamas.

The US war machine has it out for Ahmadinejad for a long time. This will just help brainwash the American sheeple into believing they need to bomb the crap out of Iran because they need to free the people from a dictator that stole the election.

I wonder how Americans would like it if some other country invaded them and bombed the crap out of their children because they believed an american election was stolen?

Oh but that would be different wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Come on people ! Why would the Interior Minister put in what must be an official document to give to the Ayatollah the results of the election they have both participated in skewing ?

The British press is on fire, every piece of questionnable info is reported by them.

The election might be stolen but this is hardly a piece of evidence. Certainly the regime can be more subtle than that.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This letter was released days ago throughout Iran, I translated it and put it up in the revolution board.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38dbc1c330a5.jpg[/atsimg]

The CBS released version isnt proper. Below is a more accurate translation of the letter

Sadeghe Mahsoli to Ayatollah Kahmeneie ( moslem leader in iran)
It says: based on your concern about the result of the 10th presidential vote and based on your own personal decision, in this sensitive moment we planned to change the vote based on what is best for our country at the moment and all other candidates will be under control after the release of result
The result of election are as follow
Mosavi : 19075623
Kahrobi: 13387104
Ahamadi nejad: 5698417
Rezaie mir faghed: 38716
And total of votes: 43026078

this letter was released around Tuesday, and majority of the people in the riots brushed it off as fake.

For 1, if the Ayatollah was going to commit curroption on the election front, he wouldnt document it like this.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
is it really all that shocking that the results of any election are not the truth....i voted once here in the good ole US of A...i did not like the fact that i had to pick one of two men for POTUS when i did not care for either one....
....i just cannot understand how we have even made it this far

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Besides the scale of the numbers, is this really any different to how GWB came to power in his first election? Didn't he fudge the numbers with help from other members of his family, and the supreme court?

I know there will be some who say 'but no-one got shot in the aftermath of the fraudulent election results'... but is that just because the American citizens just rolled over and took it? At least the Iranian people got upset enough to have mass protests...

Maybe if the American citizens had shown that sort of passion, the world might be a different place today. I can think of 1 million+ Iraqi citizens who would still be alive, for one...

Rewey

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Sorry Dude, but I looked everywhere and didn't see any previous post, I still can't find the "Revolution" Board.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

took me a while

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: just to clarify, i didnt say that to take your thread away or say i posted first nah nah, was just sayin this letter isnt new, therefore it wont encourage violent protests 'tonight'

because it was released mon/tue, and the protests didnt increase.

pretty sure the masses didnt take this letter to seriously

amazing it took this long for MSM to pick up on this.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I made a thread on this yesterday, but no replies? lol

Anyway yes we know the official results and this is evidence the Iranian election was a sham. So now if the opposition gets massacred or gives up, we intervene with regime change in mind before the illegal Islamic regime can rearm and regroup!

How anybody left on this planet can still support the Islamic regime in Iran is beyond me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join