It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark of the Covenant is in Heaven!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Please forgive me for opening another threat on this topic, I’ve just read through every article on the Unveiling Arc of the Covenant and notice many people only reply to comments on the first page and don’t read much on pages past the front page. And I’d hate for this to go missing on page 9.

Please read this ….

Revelations: 11 vs 19: Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

This event happens after the “Man of lawlessness, Anti Christ/Beast ” has set himself up on Earth and called himself God. This happens after the Two witnesses have been killed by the beast (Satan) and at the sounding of the 7th Trumpet.

O.k so who do you want to believe ? The Ethiopians or the Bible?

The Ark was very sacred, only the High priest could go into the Most Holy of Hollies, they even had to tie a rope to his foot in case he died in there(to get him out). I don’t think God would allow the Ark to be taken to any other place and in the hands of just any old one, other than those of a Levite (The name of a Jewish Priest in those days).

There were replica’s made and I’m very sure this is what they have.

YOU CANNOT LOOK UPON THE POWER OF GOD AND NOT DIE.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'll take the Ethiopians word for it. lol

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
O.k so who do you want to believe ? The Ethiopians or the Bible?

Bwahahaha. Is that a trick question?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mtheory

No Problem i'll go with what the Bible says-

People love to be Famous for something. The Ark is the Most Holy thing in the whole of Bible. i just cannot see that any other country has the Ark But Israel, if it were not in heaven for that matter.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Remember that the Temple and all of it's implements are only a likeness of what is in heaven. So, the Temple that was/will be on Earth is only a human copy of what's in heaven. Therefore, the Ark of the Covenant only a likeness of the true thing as well.

The Bible gives indication that the Ark may have been moved as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This event happens after the “Man of lawlessness, Anti Christ/Beast ” has set himself up on Earth and called himself God. This happens after the Two witnesses have been killed by the beast (Satan) and at the sounding of the 7th Trumpet.

So then how can the Ark be in Heaven if these events have not happened yet? If the Ark is in Heaven AFTER all this takes place, then it would make sense that the Ark is here now.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I hear what you trying to say, but there's always only been one Ark of the Covenant. (I'm talking about the original-The one they were instructed to build)

I don't believe they have the "real McCoy".

[edit on 18-6-2009 by SharkBait]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would hazard a guess that nearly all of the artifacts as described in the Bible are avatars of a concept or true rather than actual objects.

The Ark - An interesting one, there are of course stories that those ( I believe in this case priests, please correct me if I am wrong, I do not have an accurate grasp of scriptures ) that opened it became blind and dumb, went insane, outright died and so on.
Well we also hear stories that some of those who reached enlightenment or who were psychic fell blind, and we know a great deal now about the line between madness and genius. We also hear it was not only carried into battle, but used as a weapon. Could the energies of the immaterial realm be used in such ways? Black magic, dark matter weaponry?

The Spear Of Destiny - We have stories it was covered in the lood of Christ and was used by great leaders for they believed it had magical powers. What these leaders also had, was an unearthly willpower.
Various Saints reporting in visions and OOBE that they were stabbed or struck with burning swords by angels, which they experienced as the light of God. Many ufo abductees report the same type of experience. Again we see contact with the other world and god to go hand in hand.

The Holy Grail - A cup said to be used by Jesus, and those who drink from it can gain instant healing and eternal life.
Almost every fully enlightened person through history is said to have been able to perform such miracles and be immortal/live for hundreds of years. Perhaps the cup was more akin to a Tibetan singing bowl than one used for drinking?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Perhaps this unveiling of the Ark in Ethiopia is part of the revelation. maybe we are somewhat wrong about where locations are. maybe Ethiopia was Jerusalem all along? haha.. sorry.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
I hear what you trying to say, but there's always only been one Ark of the Covenant. (I'm talking about the original-The one they were instructed to build)

I don't believe they have the "real McCoy".

[edit on 18-6-2009 by SharkBait]

I agree with you on that, but respectfully disagree with your original statement. By your own admission, and your sample scripture to back it up, the Ark is not in Heaven just yet.....there are events that must still transpire before that happens.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Also note that the Ark of Covenant was said to hold the physcial Ten Commandments...which also happen to be...the way to live a good life and be in COMMUNION with God.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Even if every word of the Bible was literal truth, all it says in Revelation is that the Ark will be in heaven, not that it is now.

So your thread title is incorrect.
An honest title would be, "The Bible says the Ark of the Covenant will be in heaven."

The Bible says nothing to indicate the present whereabouts of the Ark, if it still exists.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Remember that the Temple and all of it's implements are only a likeness of what is in heaven. So, the Temple that was/will be on Earth is only a human copy of what's in heaven. Therefore, the Ark of the Covenant only a likeness of the true thing as well.
I agree with that.
Moses was given instructions as after the pattern of the Temple in Heaven.
The fact that John would see the original ark in heaven should not be too surprising.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'll echo what octotom said - what Moses was instructed to build is a replica it'self of what is in the temple in heaven.

In the book of Jeremiah it says that eventually the ark will not come to mind, be remembered, be missed, nor will another be made. The reason a lot of people don't understand why this will be so - is because they don't understand that the human body is now the new temple, the playing field has been leveled and everyone now has access to God, who has always been behind the veil, which has been torn open for like 2000 years.

It's all about perception and how bad a person wants to really know the truth.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I found the following site to be quite interesting in linking all sorts of stuff: The Ark, the Temple, the Throne of God, Merkaba, etc.

www.mystae.com...

Don't know whether I buy all their complex arguments, but its food for thought. A snippet:

(1) A New Dwelling for God
The Kabod and the Ark Throne
"The kabod [Hebrew: 'body, substance, mass'] was the way that God appeared to the people in theophanies. Moreover, it was associated with crowns, which in the case of the Egyptians, themselves became deified. In Mesopotamia, the 'terrible countenance'...seems actually to have taken on a life of its own."

"I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north - an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man, but each of them had four faces and four wings."
- Ezekiel 1:4-8

The vision in Ezekiel 1:4-8 "is a depiction of Yahweh's kabod entering into battle, establishing a base camp, and going out into the field to fight chaos in all its forms. The Baal Cycle in the Ugaritic literature is especially helpful in this regard. Specifically, Baal proceeds to battle with Yamm and Nahar, while El remains enthroned. After his victory, he returns to El requesting a palace."

"For Ezekiel, Yahweh Sabaoth, though cut off temporarily from the earth, was still enthroned and would one day again be accessible through his temple on Zion."
- Dr. John T. Strong, "God's 'Kabod': The Presence of Yahweh in the Book of Ezekiel"

"So the people sent to Shiloh, and brought from there the ark of the covenant of Yahweh Sabaoth, who is enthroned above the cherubim."
- 1 Samuel 4:4

Metonymy: "the substitution of some attribute or suggestive word for what is actually meant"

As with Psalm 24 "It is this ark-throne and its seated god who goes into battle....The Divine Warrior is 'Yahweh mighty and valiant, Yahweh the Warrior, Yahweh tseba'ot.' The procession of the Ark marks the going forth of the Divine Warrior to battle and his return to his royal seat.' This is the language of mythic war and holy war. Psalm 24 is not unique, but it reflects the pattern scholars have identified from Near Eastern royal and religious literature, particularly that from Ugarit. And outside Psalm 24, biblical texts attest such language. Judges 5:4-5 and Deuteronomy 33:2-3 describe Yahweh, the Divine Warrior, marching from Seir, from Edom, with the earth trembling beneath his feet. Habakkuk 3:3 depicts Yahweh on the march, his hôd (a synonym for kabôd) covering the heavens."
"Ezekiel's use of kabôd yahweh/'elohîm may be related to "various Mesopotamian concepts describing divine and royal presence...Chiefly, I am referring to Akkadian terms such as melammu, puluhtu, rashubattu, and namurratu. For instance, in Mesopotamia, melammu is used in royal and mythic literature to describe the 'radiance, supernatural awe-inspiring sheen (inherent in things divine and royal).' The term can imply both a terrible splendor and a supernatural garment, cloak, or headgear. Namurratu also is a 'numinous splendor emanating from gods, kings, and things divine and royal.' Such terms could be used in metonymy for the god or king from which they radiated, including divine statues. For example, one text says, 'The melammu of my lord Ashur overwhelmed them.'"
- John F. Kutsko, "Kabôd: The Hypostasis of Things Hoped For, the Evidence of Things Not Seen"

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere that the ark was carried by angels.

Maybe that means it has anti gravity technology haha.

Edit: or maybe I dreamt that lol.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The angels sat on either side of the Ark, Hey maybe the angles are still there -In Ethiopia i mean ! You never know !

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What is written at the end of Revelation 11, is continued in Revelation 12

Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.

Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems.

Its tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth.

She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne.

The Woman Clothed with the Sun is Mary, the Mother of Jesus. Since Jesus is the New Covenant, Mother Mary is the New Ark of the Covenant, being that she contained Him. Therefore, yes, the Ark is in Heaven, but is not the same Ark that was built by Moses. There have been two Covenants, and, therefore, two Arks in which to carry the Covenants. The earthly ark built by Moses is the one that the Ethiopians are claiming to have.

However, since we have Jesus, we have no need for the previous ark anymore. Yes, it's a historic relic, but, from a Christian viewpoint, we really don't need it anymore.

Also, for those claiming that it's not in Heaven yet, being that you say that the Book of Revelation hasn't happened yet, the Book of Revelation is about the Jewish War that happened in 70 A.D. The Beast, 666, is Nero Caesar. As for the word "Anti-Christ", anyone who is against Christ is an anti-Christ.

Revelation was a warning to the churches that St. John wrote to in the book, saying that this was what was happening to Jerusalem for disobeying God and not believing in Jesus Christ, and would happen to those churches, too, if they kept on disobeying God. It's also a warning for all ages, that this will also happen to us, if we keep on disobeying God. Therefore, yes, it could happen someday, but it's mainly about what happened back in 70 A.D.

The Book of St. John's Revelation is full of metaphor, Judeo-Christian numerology, and other forms of symbolism, because he didn't want his captors on Patmos to know what he was writing to the churches about. In order to decipher it, you have to know your Bible, Biblical Symbolism, Judeo-Christian Numerology, and Biblical history. The priests that St. John left in charge of the churches at the time knew how to decipher what St. John wrote. In the book, St. John was telling those churches, which he was in charge of, about what was happening in Jerusalem, which he was shown, in a view from above Heaven, by the angel that appeared to him. Elijah and Daniel had the same vision, but saw from a view below Heaven. Also, compare what was written in the Bible with what the historian Josephus wrote in "The Jewish War". It matches what is symbolically referred to by St. John.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

There were angels on top of the Ark, on the Mercy Seat. A particular family of Levites carried the Ark. The Meribites, I think?

new topics

top topics

join