It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my introduction and apology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hello ATS site members, Administrators and Mod’s, I was banned a while ago, for being a smartass with Springer, I wasn’t vulgar, but I was rude. Unfortunately a time before that, I got into a u2u argument with Gools and was banned (without even knowing it) since the argument was about points, I decided to prove I didn’t care about my score, and left my account dkman222 and started pondering soul (the one Springer dealt with) before he even had a chance to ban dkman (I never logged back into dkman so I didn’t know).

I want to apologize mostly to Springer, because I was being a smart-aleck with you, when you really only tried to help (I saw it as you being a smart ass with me, and I was wrong).

To Gools, I am sorry to, what I did was wrong, even though I thought at the time I was doing nothing wrong, I cant remember the u2u I sent you but I know I was rude.

Since then I have had more accounts then I can remember since they generally don’t last more then a day (my I.P. is noticed and I am re-banned), I love to star and flag what I see as good material, sometimes I occasionally and respectfully express my own opinions. I have made countless accounts in the pursuit of being able to merely star/flag and see avatars

Some of the account names I can remember are, *shortest man walking*, *hermanthegerman*, and *soon to be*, please feel free to check all those accounts and there post, I say nothing vile, and I am respectful..

I want nothing more then to be given a 2nd chance (technically a third, but I hadn’t known about dkman222 being banned till after pondering soul was banned)

You can monitor me closely, give me additional rules to follow, even assign me some sort of task like reporting other bad post as much as I can.

I just want to be given a 2nd chance to fully enjoy ATS.com, which is in my honest opinion, one of the best sites on the internet, and where I spend a great deal of my online time.

In closing I want to say again, that Springer, I am sorry, and I hope even if I am not aloud back, you personally forgive me, I appall rude people, and I became one of them while addressing you.

I hope this message will be passed along to Springer and Gools, and I hope it reaches them in good health.

p.s. I will be trying to send this in u2u to Gools and Springer as well, from this account i just created.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I just want to be given a 2nd chance to fully enjoy ATS.com

I hope you get a second chance...

Especially considering those decisions are subjective...

Welcome back...

[edit on 6/18/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

thank you very much chapter29, i really hope springer and gools feel the same way.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Good luck man. I have to admit, it would have been easier to just circumvent the IP issue, so maybe it proves that you are really wanting to try. I don't know you, but I like a good apology.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
FIRE UP TEH BAN GUN!!!!! I R GETTIN HUNGRY!!

Everyone needs a second chance

Hell, I gave peas a chance
now i luv em

GIVE PEAS A CHANCE!!! err alaska man

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You are welcome...

But having me in your corner may not be a good thing for you...so rather than compromise your ability to come back, I shall disappear...

Good luck man...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It takes guts to apologize out in the open like this. I hope that you do get a second chance.

Alyeah, welcome back to ATS and be good this time.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow, thats some appology!

I hope you get your 2nd chance as well!

being banned from anything blows. I am glad to see someone openly and honestly trying to right thier wrongs!

Kudos 2 u!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Welcome back. Try to have some fun with the site, but be polite.

There is top breaking news here 24/7.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey Alaska, here's hoping you get the chance to fully enjoy the greatest
web site in the world!
ATS is the best the web has to offer in information and entertainment

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I respect a person that can admit the error of their ways..

i find that multiple screen names are very aggrevating to me..

I hope that the mods take this into consideration,and re-work the way they ID IP addresses and multiple accounts...

PS..the only reason I am replying to you is that I do infact plan on moving to alaska in the near future..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Major kudos for having the guts to say sorry and ask for a second chance.

I know many members that get banned here go on to cry and whinge about it all over the web for years to come.

I hope the staff see that the way your OP was written is a clear indicator that you would be an asset to ATS.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words and flags.

my only hope is that springer and gools feel the same as most of you.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Welcome back to ATS, I hope that you enjoy a long and fruitful experience this time around.

I think you might as well get posting and junk ...

Though I have no way of knowing I am sure that staff has noticed your return, appreciate your candor, and are letting you be.

Time to move forward Alaskan Man.

new topics

top topics

join