It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors told to give priority to gypsies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Have you read the article rather than just question the source? I quote from the article which give a reference to their source of information

"The guidance forms part of the Primary Care Service Framework, drawn up by the NHS Primary Care Commissioning - an advisory service for local health trusts - to help all PCTs understand the Department of Health's policy."

The NHS Primary Care Commissioning is not some body made up by a right leading newspaper in the UK. This is a very real bodies that provided guidance to all Primary Care Trusts in the UK so they do have influence.

Being a UK tax payer and "consumer" of the NHS, this is just the kind of left wing drivel that I have come to expect from our nanny state. Some, in this thread have made comments that gypsies in the UK do not pay taxes but still expect the benefits of being a citizen and from my experience, this is true.

So you have to ask what this body would make this statement unless it is Government policy.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Freedom ERP]

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Freedom ERP]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

When was the last time you saw a Gypsie in the UK? I mean, a real Gypsie? Most of the ones I see are just the typical Irish ones. Commonly referred to as "Pikies"..

The article indicates that they too will get priority treatment, why is this? When do they ever contribute to society? It's bad enough they send their kids to our schools, god knows the trouble these people cause when they're around, but to now be given priority on the NHS which none of them have ever contributed to?

A fudging joke...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Ummm..not meant as a UK slander...
I live in the Us and cannot attest to inhabitants of the UK...

Why the bad rap on your part??
Do you not think that there are Gypsies all over this planet????
Respect....

Peace...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I am quite aware of who Gypsies are, but the VAST majority of the "travelling community" in the UK are Irish travellers, who are detested throughout the country and are quite different to Gypsies.,.

They bring crime and violence wherever they pitch up and completely ruin land they use illegally. Only the other week, some of these people pitched up in my little one's school car park, causing mayhem and all of a sudden, there was a spate of break-ins in the school resulting in thousands of pounds of damages and stolen items. When they left, there was litter and human waste left lying around in the car park, which then had to be cleaned up, with taxpayers money, by the council.

But for some reason, the Government seems fit to give them priority for NHS treatment, even though they contribute nothing to society.

It's not a "bad rap" against Gypsies, it's Pikies I don't have any love for. Go watch Snatch, it'll give you a reasonable idea of what these people are like.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Understood now....
and Yikes......

Interesting that there is this much grapes of wrath style movement in the UK.
We are experiencing many tent cities and people living in their vehicles and parks.
Shelters are overloaded. Hitchhiking is on the upswing.

I guess that there is more room here in America to travel without having to
band together; which sounds like what you are describing. Yes..this is a volatile
situation. Wishing you the best!!

Peace...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Travellers aren't homeless, it's a lifestyle choice. If you lose your home here in the UK, you will be housed by the Council. These are a completely different kettle of fish, not a product of the recession, but a bunch of travelling thugs and thieves that have plagued the country for decades.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone with a good word to say about them, for good reason.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
Statements like this are designed to piss you off.
They rely on the fact that this will piss you off, and then later on down the road the powers that be wont have to worry about you getting angry when they start "mistreating" that particular ethnic group.

They do this all the time don't let them hijack your opinion because of "their" policy.
The gypsies never asked for this.
People are easy to manipulate when it comes to hate and jealousy for one another.

This is quite true.

Hitler did that to the Jews and the gypsies.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the 80s?

Douglas Hurd, then Home Secretary, described the Travellers as "nothing more than a band of medieval brigands who have no respect for the law or the rights of others."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
dreamflesh.com...You'll find some choice quotes from the Telegraph & Mail there too. Never mind that itinerants are a few thousand amongst millions & that Thatcher had f#ed the economy, we were to blame for the UKs ills. Later, it was single parents & then asylum seekers. In times past it was Pakistanis (even if they were actually of Indian descent) & before that, Afro-Caribeans & the Irish. In times long past it was catholics & witches! Just get a grip will you? I was on the road from 84 to 98. In that time I sought healthcare twice: for a broken tooth & after a car crash (fractured spine). Was I a remarkably healthy person? No. It was easier to cope with my various ailments than to cope with the prejudices of healthcare providers. Do you really begrudge people an extra 10mins & some queue jumping when chances are they're only there because they are seriously ill & likely wont be back for years? Btw, I paid income tax, but even if I hadn't, the VAT I'd paid would have more than covered my care.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Ummm I am pretty sure they just mean "drop in" or "walk in" patients, as opposed to appointments..

I have never made appointments and allways just "walked" in...

I think people who are making appointments are viewed as not that concerned, mabey even the hypocondriac types, where as a walk-in has an urgency to just GET to the doctor...because they probly actually ARE sick, not just WONDERING if their sick, hence the appointment to wait and see

I don't think the term has anything to do with actual GYSPSIES, or the travelling circus or something, lol...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Totally on target!!!! just like any other group, Chinese, Mexicans ....... on and on.

People can be such SHEEP ..... Dumb as a bag of friggen hammers sometimes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join