It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot up to 28 times with Taser by Australian police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Man shot up to 28 times with Taser by Australian police

www.timesonline.co.uk

Police in Australia are to review how they use Taser guns after the death of a man in Queensland who was stunned possibly as much as 28 times by one of the powerful electronic weapons.

Antonio Galeano, 39, an amphetamines addict, collapsed and died 15 minutes after being stunned by a 50,000-volt Taser gun during a confrontation with police in Brandon, near Townsville in far north Queensland last Friday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"Speaking soley for myself" With more and more MSM articles and news stream reports coming out of the woodwork about abuse by local police has me feeling a tad bit better that karma is truly hard at work in this total abuse of power.

I haven't found the recent reports exposing them exhausting yet due to the mass awaking it has brought to the public. Although I don't condone the public resisting arrest by any means as real criminal's shown by their personal record or their actions need to be arrested (lawfully as well) and brought to trial but the blatant attacks/abuse on the "John Q Public" have got to stop!

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
this sounds like murder.

I wonder how this case will develop.

It's a sad story, I hope justice will be done.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Is amphetimines an upper or downer? I'm not into that sort of thing so I don't know.

If it is an upper, then I can see why it would take that many. Ever see someone on coke trying to be subdued?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok, how is this a blatant attack/abuse on the public?

The man was psychotic and threatening harm to himself and the police involved. When the calcium spray didn't work, what were they supposed to do?

Hit the man with their batons? Much more humane...

Sometimes people die because they make a bad choice. In this case, drugs. Acting aggressive towards a police officer, or anyone for that matter, will generally evoke a defensive response.

If make an officer think that they are in danger, you're at risk of being shot. A few hits from a taser wear off way faster then a gunshot wound.

These officers did their job and the man sadly died from it. Statistically, it happens. Morale of the story: It's NEVER okay to threaten a cop, or anyone for that matter.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
Ok, how is this a blatant attack/abuse on the public?

The man was psychotic and threatening harm to himself and the police involved. When the calcium spray didn't work, what were they supposed to do?

Hit the man with their batons? Much more humane...

Sometimes people die because they make a bad choice. In this case, drugs. Acting aggressive towards a police officer, or anyone for that matter, will generally evoke a defensive response.

If make an officer think that they are in danger, you're at risk of being shot. A few hits from a taser wear off way faster then a gunshot wound.

These officers did their job and the man sadly died from it. Statistically, it happens. Morale of the story: It's NEVER okay to threaten a cop, or anyone for that matter.

Change that mentality soon man, it's might work against you in the future.

I bolded the piece I'm referring to.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah

I stand by what I said, my friend. If they've done something wrong, you do what you have to do, but threatening an armed police officer is just stupid.

Suicide via cop never got anyone's point across.

new topics

top topics

join