It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To All ATS Members

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

They have always done this through time

There have been many many many stocks comprised of the DJIA, DJ Composite

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Rockefeller's drug empire that was built on him being a snakeoil salesman selling petroleum mixed with laxative as a cancer cure, he was also charged with raping a girl. Is it any wonder they are amongst the evil elite. Not many people know thats how pharmaceutical industry was born and whats taught in Uni's is actually their curriculum.

www.scamtypes.com...

www4.dr-rath-foundation.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I am just happy I have a job... soo many people do not. My job sucks and I hate it but it puts money in my pocket and my parents let me live with them rent free. so I am very grateful... I feel for the people on the street I have been their being a recovering dope fiend... almost a year.... Keep your heads up people. Just for today!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hopefully your not the same testikal that comes around ever few months and spits that the economy is going to crash....because if so...noone will want to read your posts anymore.

WolfmanJ

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

The death cross on the chart is alarming and appears we are headed there; therefore I guess Federal Reserve will have their dilemma expanded and need to purchase even more securities or let the system come to a grinding halt.

That alone is a scary thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The economy is getting worse and the stock markets are going to crash?! oh my god... Everything I must have been reading the last 6+ months about the United States economy must have been a lie!

check this.

bea.gov...

The Gross Domestic Product numbers for the first quarter of 2009. I think compared to the last quarter of 2008... it looks like it might be improving... now thats weird considering you say the economy is getting worse.

what is the gross domestic product? (see link below if you really don't know) well the number is actually primarily composed of consumer spending... which believe it or not... actually is pretty much the main driving factor of our countries economy. Now if this number indicated that people are spending more compared to what was going on around CHRISTMAS time... then tell me how in the HELL the economy is worse off?

oh you must have been just trying to scare everyone into giving you stars and flags... yikes.

useconomy.about.com...

useconomy.about.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative
Everyone should know about this, but sadly the general concensus is that the economy is getting stronger. We here at ATS know this is not true.

I just don't know what to do. Im making some decent money now. Canadian dollars. I was thinking of spending all my extra money on gold. Maybe Buy an ounce every 2 weeks or something. But I want physical gold. I just want to have things of real value. I can't afford a house yet. Though I like to collect cars. Maybe having a collection of desireable cars will be a good investment. Cooking utensils, furniture, food stocks, etc. I think now is the time to not save, but to aquire things of real value.

The best investment you can make right now is tabgible items that you can use when SHTF. Gold and silver are good ones, although gold has went through the roof. But no one is going to give a rats a** about collectable cars when they are hungry. No offence I LOVE CARS! Stock up on food that has a long shelf life. Dried beans, rice, salt, spices. oil, seeds that you can plant later, canned meats like tuna and salmon. Try to think of things you would need if you had no grocery store to go to. First Aid supplies, a wide range of OTC medicines, extra prescription medicines if you are on any. You could set yourself up a room and fill it with supplies then if nothing happens you can still use those items anyway but if I was betting, you will need them. Oh and some fire arms and amo would be good too, not just to fend off enemies but to harvest food if needed. This is what we are doing, I hope this helps...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It talks in the bible about a first babylon where the angels will make it desolate, where the musicians won't be heard no more, etc...

This my friend is judgement by God by what America has done against God, by letting America ignore God, and his ways - God has, and did, and is destroying America by sending foreign nations to dismantle, and destroy it...

We are my friends in the final hours of America's death. Soon America won't be nomore, then after that shall the new, and final babylon come into play by which I can finally rest from warning the people of their stupidity, and from there, all must come to pass, as after that my mouth will be shut as I am already damned from entering the kingdom of the new galaxy, and new earth set-up by this being called God...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anomen
The economy is getting worse and the stock markets are going to crash?! oh my god... Everything I must have been reading the last 6+ months about the United States economy must have been a lie!

check this.

bea.gov...

The Gross Domestic Product numbers for the first quarter of 2009. I think compared to the last quarter of 2008... it looks like it might be improving... now thats weird considering you say the economy is getting worse.

what is the gross domestic product? (see link below if you really don't know) well the number is actually primarily composed of consumer spending... which believe it or not... actually is pretty much the main driving factor of our countries economy. Now if this number indicated that people are spending more compared to what was going on around CHRISTMAS time... then tell me how in the HELL the economy is worse off?

oh you must have been just trying to scare everyone into giving you stars and flags... yikes.

useconomy.about.com...

useconomy.about.com...

These numbers are manipulated... That is how.
Unemployment was extended = money for consumers to spend
First quarter of 09 tax rebate checks went out = money for consumers to spend
People on government assistance went up (food stamps, families first checks) = money for people to spend.
Stimulus passed and was pumped into the system = money circulating
The spending that has been going on is money that is not earned at a job because the jobs are dropping faster than flies so when this faux money runs its course then what? When the unemployment runs out, when tax rebate checks are spent (most already are) and do not be surprised if next year the government says they can not send out any rebate checks or cut them to slim jim checks, when we can't get any more stimulus money from other countries that is when life gets rough. And let’s not forget to mention food this year will be scarce due to the weather across the world and its effect on crops so expect food prices to continue to climb..... So you end up with a bunch and I mean a bunch of unemployed people who have run out of unemployment checks, food prices are more than double, fuel prices are up again , China is pissed because we ran through another loan living like kings while they live like paupers then you get fall to winter of 09. Elementary my dear Watson...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Then I wonder why Obama and Congress are passing social project after social project, spending all the money we never had?

I say nix all these stupid programs, stop giving banks and GM money, and just Give each American citizen over 18 $1,000,000. In the end, it'll be cheaper. Then pass some sort of anti-inflation bill, freezing retail prices to avoid gouging.

Hows that for stimulus? Vote me for President. Give the people what they really want.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Im trying not to be "mean" but you have a terrible outlook on life.

You jump from supposedly bad crops and weather to china etc...

We will see positive GDP growth 3q-4q this year with a 95% confidence factor. These are numbers from economists that have only been wrong about three times in the last 100 tries.. so there is really no point in refuting it.

And if you would like to discuss China buying our debt I would welcome that conversation. They NEED to buy our debt, and if they dont, big deal.. we will find someone else.

Contrary to popular belief THEY ARE NOT the biggest holder of US Debt. We are, along with mutual funds. I am sure we could get by.

Along with the fact of WHERE ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO INVEST 1,000,000,000 of money with that kind of return?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

You just caused a global economic collapse.

Congratulations, how do I contribute money to your 2012 campaign?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm concerned to bring some reality and truth to this thread for fear that I actually make sense here.

The fact is, the economy works on a cycle. There are ups and downs. This is proven from past recessions and depressions.

There is no doubt that the economy will recover. Could it go down more shortly before it gets better? Yes. But sooner rather than later, it will bounce back.

What the OP said should be of no surprise to anyone. We should all be aware of the risk of further decline. In typical ATS fashion, he tries to sex it up and make it seem grander than it actually is.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfmanJ
Hopefully your not the same testikal that comes around ever few months and spits that the economy is going to crash....because if so...noone will want to read your posts anymore.

WolfmanJ

It's not a matter of "Is the economy going to crash" Or "When is the economy going to crash"

It IS crashing, it's in the process, it has been in the process for a while now. The fact that so many don't see or realize this is astounding, it highlights the general ignorance.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seanryann

The fact is, the economy works on a cycle. There are ups and downs. This is proven from past recessions and depressions.

That's a hypothesis that has never been proven, because we only look at 1929-2009 as "evidence of this cycle" .. where as in reality if it were indeed a cyclical the cause of each recession/depression would be the same, as in, like a circle it must repeat.

Each recession or depression had it's own causes and effects, no two economic booms or busts can be compared as identical in any way (one reason I ignore anyone who compares stock graphs from other crashes and so on).

This recession is highly abnormal due to the fact that the last economic boom was highly abnormal .. the closest possible comparison is the 1929 depression, but we cannot even look to that for guidance simply because ... this situation is very unique.

It's never happened before.

Ever.

The hypothesis of "Cyclical Economic Movements" is flawed and ignorant.. it relies on simply this:

What direction can the economy move?

Up

Down

Stagnate

The general nature of economics prevents a movement from boom to bust rapidly, each occurring in extended periods.. it seems cyclical and planned, but in reality it's not cyclical at all when you look at cause and effect. The only constant is that the economy will always move in one direction or another.

Some are saying we will see a rebound, a new era of prosperity or at the very least stagnation .. there has not been a single bit of evidence to suggest this is true aside from a stock market rebound (which in all likelyhood is being fueled by inflation)

Who knows. We will see. But just remember, just because your American, or British, or French, or any other cozy Westerner who lives in their Bubble that nothing bad happens here mentality, we CAN crash. We WILL some day, that is inevitable. And it CAN happen to you, in your life time.

Don't write off possibilities and probabilities without first truly, clearly understanding them.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I am not scared. I have a gun with 150 bullets and an entire case of Top Ramen (chicken-flavored). Let the apocalypse come, I can sustain myself indefinitely with what I have.

Its almost as if you looked under my bed

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I'm going to hold you to that

"GBM says Q3-Q4 positive GDP growth"

Care to make a wager? I for one see this coming Christmas to be "red" across the board for the poor fellas on the S&P.

And hey, since your dabbling in the fundamentals of economics now, mind explaining to me "WHY" you see this prediction of yours coming true?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
This is a warning for everyone who reads ATS.

The economy is not getting better. It is in fact getting worse.

The bond markets are showing the strain. If people do not buy the US bonds, the government can not fund itself. Please read this blog: 4 Horsemen of the Bond Market

I can say the next comment without worry I will be wrong at all. I know this to be true

The economy is going to crash. Starting the fall of 2009.

Tentickles

[edit on 6/18/2009 by Tentickles]

Tentickles, although I've had my "moments", I don't consider myself especially "precognitive".

But when I read your post above, I have to admit, that part of me that "warns " me to "duck" in just the nick of time sent a very cold chill down my spine to freeze in my belly.

I work for the California state governemnt, and fortunately, I have enough seniority to be pretty secure in my job.

At least for the momment.

Other threads have expounded on the financial turmoil in my State; with the usual finger pointing trying to pin the blame on this group or that.

The truth is, as you have pointed out, There is NO "solutiuon".

Our current situation has been a long time coming, and is far beyond the control of anyone, short of a world Dictator, to resolve.

We can try to console ourselves by thinking that our current troubles are "just part of a Cycle", that "everything will work itself out".

But that is just more of the same rationalization that lead us into the mess we are in.

Most of us are just too confused and frightened to face the most likely future.

This is NOT your "father's" Economic Collapse!"

Against all reason, I am in the middle of trying to buy my first house. I know, in this economy I must be nuts. But I live in an apartment , in the middle of the city. And my gut is telling me that I need a "Homestead", something with room for a garden, if I want to have at least a chance to survive what's to come.

Paranoid? Succombing to the "Fear-mongers"? Maybe.

But my gut has saved my neck too many times for me to ignore what it is telling me, what you are telling me: "DUCK!"
Thank You,

Bhadhidar

P.S.: The recent "dislocation" on the bond market lead to an interesting conversaation with my mortgage broker. While discussing the rise in mortgage rates, he tried to claim that "No one knows why the rates have suddenly started to rise so rapidly". I then told him that I had read of the dislocation (read it here on ATS, infact) and what its effect on mortgage rates was likely to be.

His response? "You read too much. So you know about that, eh?"

I earned a few "respect" points from him that day.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Everybody out of money?
Why worry?
Print and be merry!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Yeah yeah

Predictions are made constantly on this site, nothing ever comes true.

The 08 elections went off fine, no WW3, no Martial Law, no FEMA camps, nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join