It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To All ATS Members

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
This is a warning for everyone who reads ATS.

The economy is not getting better. It is in fact getting worse.

The bond markets are showing the strain. If people do not buy the US bonds, the government can not fund itself. Please read this blog: 4 Horsemen of the Bond Market

I can say the next comment without worry I will be wrong at all. I know this to be true

The economy is going to crash. Starting the fall of 2009. The signs will be hard to see at first to the normal man or woman but it will start.

Do not look at the stock market for the signs. The stock market is not an indicator of how healthy our economy is anymore.

Tentickles

[edit on 6/18/2009 by Tentickles]

You are so right. The evidence is becoming so obvious to anyone who wants to see. I have some friends that I have mentioned this to, and they look at me like I'm crazy. But if i prepare for the worst, and nothing happens, Ive lost nothing. If they don't prepare, and something happens, they've lost everything. People that go to work everyday, and just do their everyday routine, need to stop for a second, and do your due digilence. After looking at the facts, decide what you need to do, but don't ignore the truth. I have heard so many people say, " Oh that could never happen"!! I certainly hope their right, and I'm wrong. I feel we have gone beyond the tipping point, and there are factors in play that cannot be stopped. These factors will play out as the elite have planned for them to. the powers that be are holding all the cards, and the taxpayers are holding a pair of deuces. Who do you think will come out on top??
Stay tuned for the rest of the year, it's going to be a ride of Biblical proportions.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I am not scared. I have a gun with 150 bullets and an entire case of Top Ramen (chicken-flavored).

That's strange. Bernie The Prophet said that the next Election Day would be all about bullet counting.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I almost wish it would happen because i'm sick and tired of watching this fiasco that we call a government!

Obama wants to give the Fed more powers....is he out of his FREAKING MIND!?!?!?!

Someone hit the damn reset button. This game is lost!

There aren't many powwers left to give the FED, they have just about all they need. The government controls money supply, banking, big business, working on health care, the last one is food control. That pretty much covers everthing in your life and mine.
Folks, it isn'r going to get any better, prep for some bad times ahead, because they're coming, and when they do, it's going to be chaos. people are going to demand that the government take care of them, and the government is going to do just that--just not in the way the citizens had planned. It ain't gonna be pretty. Pay attention to what's going on, as your life will be depending on it. there is no other plainer way to say it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Where's the stop cord, I want off this ride, it ain't fun nomore

Our economy still has not seen the end of the original fallout from the housing bubble burst, and we have the credit bubble that has already burst, and possibly soon an bond bubble that will burst. Layoffs are still happening every day, and many people who got caught in the beginning of this mess, their unemployment benefits are run out or fixing to run out by fall. I'ts a bumpy ride we are in for, and gonna get worse. I am planning for the worst that I can think of, and hoping for the best. Life is just too short to not try and enjoy just a moment of it before we have to get back to reality.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
In college one of my instructors, who was no chump, said that a good indicator on the economy is the length and frequency of railroad shipments. The better the economy the longer the trains and the more prevalent they become.

A lot of commercial transport these days by-pass railroad delivery so it may not be so true today as it has been in the past, but it wouldn't be hard to find a few more relevant present day indicators.

At the same time, there's bound to be pockets of isolation that have been less affected by the economic downturn and certain things might show signs of bottoming out, but that doesn't mean we can give a big sigh of relief just yet.

In my opinion a good way to describe things as we move forward would be to call it a "changing of the guard." Advances in technology continue to wreak havoc on past ideas. And whether its by choice or not, many of us are waking up to the ill-effects of deficit spending at home too, not just in the public sector.

I think a lot of non-essential products and services will find it more and more difficult to survive at the same levels that they exist today.

As for taxes, I think someone should look into introducing legislation that does away with or reduces the tax credit for dependents when you have kids that take on a job. I have no idea what the monetary impact would be, but I'm sure that it would tend to increase tax revenues. That and it might sway the job market somewhat, making it harder to find teens willing to take on that low paying job. Maybe some person who doesn't have the luxury of parents to help take care of them will get that job instead, and employers will be forced to pay a wage worth getting out of bed for.

Time to pay the devil his dues and for some of us its going to be a long hard journey, regardless of what the stats are for everyone else.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
collapse......well........it is really a individual thing............and all the averages = out to a country's "economic health"

for some things could be pretty dang good and for others down right awful

and during a recession or a Depression process (which this is)......alot more are in pain than those doing better........and they will for a long drawn out amount of time

the only question remains wether that period will be 3-4 more years or much longer..........and the severity of the depression........the policy's being put forth argue that it will likely be worse than mild but better than the great depression.....but policy's could change...........but banks and big industry's clearly steer the change "we can believe in"

Doc Velocity i am a bit at odds of what capitalism has become.... I think it is the best socio-economic system but that one when corrupted....by ....especially (fox's in the regulatory hen house) (and private industry fox's in the pubic office henhouse) .........that it eventually becomes a system SOO sick that it really can't be saved......the capitalism now unleashed prey's on citizens thru deception....or unregulated fraud.....unregulated poising of food supply.....the FDA....the SEC...the congress.....are such spineless institutions that i think it is accurate to say that this country is very sick......and well i don't know about the word collapse.......the country is very sick and the current DR who could administer proper treatment .......either wont or don't know how.....and the patients are either luckily still healthy....,or thinking about something else.....or s......scared to believe the authorites won't save them...or running for the hills

[edit on 18-6-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
reply to post by Tentickles

Shoudn't this be in the prophesy forum so we can later laugh at the claim.

The fact is that foreign countries ARE buying US Treasuries and there is no evidence other than Gerald Celente and the Webbot fear mongering to back up a statement that the economy will crash.

I certainly hope you are right about your opinion. But you need to do more research. celente is just one of dozens that I have listened to myself, all saying the same thing. I try to listen to many opinions, and form a logical opinion. Do a little more research, and you will find facts that support the original post. There is NO good financial news out there. The government tries to come out with fuzzy logic, and say all kinds of BS, to make everyone feel safe. Go the extra mile, and do your due digilence, and look at all the factors, not just the sale of US treasuries.
Many countries are working on plans to get out of the US dollar as their reserve currency. That's one reason the FED is having trouble selling their (our) debt. Very soon, all the problems will come together at one time, for a perfect storm of economic disaster. We're almost there.
The US dollar is being resusitated now. The FED has put the de-fib paddles on several times. How many more times can they shock the economy into life. Remember, there is NO plan B for this stimulus plan. When it becomes aparent that it isn't working, the fun begins. Educate yourself people, look behind the scenes, look at the big picture, not just what the lemmins tell you on the nightly news. Think!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
America. The United States of America. " We the People" of the United States of America. Are we still the United States of America? Are we still We the People?

That is a question you have to ask yourself. As for myself, I am a Veteran and I will always be a True Patriot to This Country and its People till my last breath.

link   
America. The United States of America. " We the People" of the United States of America. Are we still the United States of America? Are we still We the People?

That is a question you have to ask yourself. As for myself, I am a Veteran and I will always be a True Patriot to This Country and its People till my last breath.

link   

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

While I have been an avid viewer of ATS for well over 10 years or more, this is my first post, as I feel this particular subject screams for my input.

I Apologize to anyone who may take offense in my post, as I mean none at all, but I have a cold hard fact to share with the ATS community as well as all who read this (including the NSA, CIA and every letter of the alphabet orginization reading this).

As one poster mentioned, the pharmaceutical companies are increasing in both volume and demand across the globe. Manufacturing in America is almost gone and in a short time it will be as extinct as many long lost animals, of which only remain in pictures.

There is (sadly) a viable solution and its a cold hard fact that will be hard to take in. Know first, I appreciate life, all life, all mankind and all animals and insects alike. I understand their place and their purpose. I also understand that mankind has overcome the natural process of "survival of the fittest" that nature shows us on a daily basis, so please do not judge me by what I am about to imply, state and impose.

The current global scenerio has a solution, but its an awful cold one. It's implications however are far too great to ignore and I seek debate from all who read this, as I am in no way saying this is THE solution, it's the only obvious one that can resolve most of the current (global) issues, so here we go:

Question #1: Who (as in what global entity) holds the largest manufacturing infrastructure?

Question #2: Who (as in what global entity) has the most problem with over-population?

Question #3: Who (globally) could benefit immensely (as in sustainability of life) from the eradication of such entity?

I'll not mention the entity as it becomes obvious to those who can see what I am implying. The solution then? Our (as in globally) top geneticists need to build a virus from the gene level to target said entities. The virus will result in death of all who come in contact with such virus and have a certain specific genetic trait and in particular, a certain specific gene.

As I said, this is a cold hard fact, but lets ponder this for a moment. By eliminating this entire entity, we open up enough resources and infrastructure to provide jobs to the entire world, including those countries that have none of the above. Ethiopia could eat for once, families in Burma could have the same chance at food and medicines that the top countries of the world have access to. The benefits of this could go on for days just listing them all. For once in the known history of the world, the entire planet could have the same opportunities as the Americas and other stabilized, democratic countries get to share in.

One might think for a minute that perhaps Russia would not accept such a scenerio but they too would jump on board if included. So would S. Korea, Japan, and all of the middle east. Why the middle east? Because they stand to profit just as much as every other country. Currently many people are finding that even obtaining a license or a passport (in the U.S. and the UK) has become increasingly difficult. The U.S. has already begun to eliminate the "n'er do wells" and terrorism will phaze out as soon as the rest of the world is on board.

The infrastructure, the land, the services being provided by the entity stipulated, will still be available, but only to those who want to "work it". This means it will take a massive amount of bodies to match the worlds demands, which are available in other countries being denied that opportunity. Africa will have a chance to be as prosperous as the rest of the leading entities. Such as Zaire, Guatamala etc. The list goes on and on.

As the world crumbles under economic collapse, can we really not lay this on the table, as war has proven to be the most effective means of economic recovery?

Ponder it please.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Beautiful! A crashed world economy is good news for the ecology ... and an excellent way to reduce global over-population the smart way too .. by weeding out the weak and inept from the strong and prepared.

Prepare for this, it is most definitely going to happen, because there are forces working really hard on this to make sure it happens. It's necessary you know, as the alternative is far worse (can you imagine an Earth with double the population we have now? I can, but I don't want too, ha). Failure to prepare for this is to prepare for your failure. Stock up on a year or two worth of food (unless you like the taste of soylent green). Stock up on arms and ammo too (and not just for defense, but for mercy missions too, if you know what I mean, ha).

Ah, it will be glorious! The stinking PTB, beaten at their own game. Don't let them escape to their underground bunker cities, such as the one under the Denver airport and other locations. Every scrap of soylent green may be necessary for your survival, if you fail to prepare for this.

Good luck everyone. Oh, and keep your friends close, and your enemy closer .. especially the big plump and juicy looking ones, ha. I knew there had to be a reason why so many Americans have been fattening themselves up lately .. and now we know why (thank you, ha).

The ladies must flock to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by posterboy
Well, well, the economy won't tank. In fact, it is going to recover.

The "W' administration had 8 years to go from a budget surplus during the Clinton years to a devastating deficit under "W". The "W" crew did everything in their power (and that was a lot) to make as much money as they possibly could (that was a lot, too.).

It makes me sick to read all this anti-Obama stuff on here. All those critics, please post everything you would have done starting 01/09 to get the US out of the @#$-hole the "W" crew got us in.

The time for blaming W is over. We're so far past that. By the way, I didn't like W either. The vast majority of US citizens didn't want a stimulus plan passed. The only ones that did, are low income people who DON'T pay taxes. Somebody has to pay for this stuff.
If you think this economy is healthy enough to recover soon, you're crazy. You are one of those people they call "the sheeple" on this board. Do your own thinking for once, and stop listening to Obama tell everyone that things are going to be ok. They aren't going to be ok.
But you know what, I hope you are right, and most of the other posters wrong--but I don't think so. Do yourself a favor, and research the economy news stories from different sources. There is NO real good news. You will not get the truth from the Obama government, only fluffed up witicisms from O. Besides, he only says what they write for him on the teleprompter. Bush 2 might not have been the brightest bulb in the pack, and would make up words as he went along, but he could speak without a teleprompter, and that's more than I can say about Obama..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It seems we are on a sinking ship, with only a teaspoon to bail with. There is the ability to save this sinking ship, but with the way things are it will never happen.
A correction is going to take place, it is only to bad that so many will suffer because of it.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I work in pharmaceuticals also. This business is the greatest scam in history and nobody has a clue, they suck down pills like it's mother's milk and get sicker and sicker. Long live Big Pharma!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Things have changed in Washington and they have not been the will of the people! These things that have been changed are extremely dangerous and threaten the very security and sovereignty of this country.

A time will come when We the People will be tested far past anything that has come before us or our Patriots of the Past. It is coming.

For all of you I hope you will be ready for whatever comes our way.

IF WE ALL STOP TO THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A MINUTE, WE MUST REMEMBER THAT WE BUILT THIS COUNTRY TOGETHER, WE MADE THIS COUNTRY STRONG TOGETHER AND IF WE ALL JOIN TOGETHER NOW ONCE AGAIN WE CAN HOLD THIS COUNTRY TOGETHER AND MAKE HER STRONG ONCE AGAIN!

The persons who are responsible for making this mess must be held accountable. The persons who have been elected to speak the will and wishes of the people and did not must be dealt with now by voting them out of office. All of Them!!!!!!!

THE TIME IS NOW TO DO YOUR PART AND TO BE A PATRIOT. A TRUE PATRIOT THAT BELIEVES IN THIS COUNTRY AND BELIEVES IN THEMSELVES TO DO THE RIGHT THING EVEN THOUGH IT IS MORE TERRIFYING THAN WAR ITSELF.

SPEAK YOUR MIND NOW AND BE HEARD!!!!!!!!

still watching,

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

Yes, I read the Big Pharm top ten, made more than all the other Fortune 500 together.
Better living thru chemicals.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I hope the economy doesn't tank, but I doubt we can stop it. It's like being tossed off of a balcony on a skyscrapper, the last you hear is "don't worry we're adding water to the pool below, it should be fuller when you land in it".

So the question is how full will it be and did you add your own water earlier in anticipation of this moment.

If you don't have a skill or a tradable ability now is the time to learn one. Try weaving, sewing, wood working etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I beg to disagree with the OP. The only areas of the economy that are failing are those in which the central government has interfered in the past, a solid indication that our increasingly socialist government has no idea of what it's doing when it comes to free market capitalism.

The USA is a capitalist nation, built its superpower status on capitalism. That nation cannot survive with socialists interfering to micromanage and regulate the markets.

There are areas of business that remain untouched by this socialist-wrought "recession" — the pharmaceutical industry, for example, and its associated industries are enjoying some rather bullish returns, and the graph is still tracking upward for the foreseeable future.

I mean, damn, my wife contracts for the pharmaceutical industry and she's getting a 35% bonus this year — that's 35% of her yearly income, in one check, as a bonus. We haven't felt the so-called recession at all.

It's true, President Hussein's tax-and-spend socialist administration is killing capitalism and chasing business out of the USA, but I have faith that American socialism will go the way of all socialism — into the fossil bin of failed politics. Freedom will prevail, even if a few heads have to roll.

In the meantime, everybody needs a bottle of aspirin or a Valium nightcap. Follow the prescription drug market and you won't go far wrong. My wife thanks you and I thank you for your unswerving patronage.

— Doc Velocity

I dont know how your wife sleeps at night working for drug companies and their dangerous drugs.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION
I work in pharmaceuticals also. This business is the greatest scam in history and nobody has a clue, they suck down pills like it's mother's milk and get sicker and sicker. Long live Big Pharma!!

It was built on snake oils salesman rockefeller! When he sold oil as a cancer cure. Thats how the drug empire started. Is it any wonder?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join