It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO??? or Plane???? Take a look!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As for the second rush of turbulence that comes right after the UFO, I am not sure about that, but I have a guess. We have all seen videos of jets landing at airports when the humidity is high and you can see the awesome looking vortices coming off the wing tips, they look like little tornadoes. I would postulate that the vortex coming off the edge of the wing at cruising speed may interupt the appearance of the turbulence due to the backlighting of the Moon, then as the vortex passes we see the original turbulent gas and exhaust plume again. This would explain the split second interruption of the original gas wake. Also remember, at 900+ km per hour the vortices coming off the wingtips are extending out fairly far from the tip of the wing and can alter the air pressures for quite a distance, they are powerful enough to suck other jets right into the jet creating the vortex. I will attempt to embed some vids.

vortex:
Vortex 1
Vortex 2

vortex suction:
Suction

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
One thing which occurs to me is that given the scale of the shot, were it an airplane (which it may still be), it would have been much larger. Either the plane was flying well above normal altitude or it was a military craft; however, such craft (nowadays, at least) don't put out such a large amount of visible exhaust. It kinda defeats the purpose of stealth.
Who knows; maybe the aliens have seen the virtues of fossil fuel.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
One point I tried to get across was the turbulence factor. Turbulence is gas moving in strange directions due to something passing throught the gas, these disruptions cause vortices and streamers, and the faster moving gas is of higher temp and pressure making it denser than the surrounding air, the denser air will decrease the transparency of the gas at higher pressure, causing it to look darker, I would hypothesize that the majority of what is seen around the UFO is just the turbulent gas surrounding it, looking darker because of pressure and density differences, just plain old air.

Lastly, we also have to take into effect the most commen video still shot today is interlaced video which will distort fast moving objects because it only shows every other line of each frame, and when the film is put onto Youtube it is further diminished due to whatever file type it was changed to and the smaller resolution.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ARNETT 187

Bingo! Arnett wins the prize for the correct guess! Looks more like turbulence than smoke. One clue that it won't take much turbulence to mess with the image, is the "waviness" of the left image of the moon at the beginning to the video, just normal air currents are already distorting the image.

The turbulence sends light scattering in different directions for a short time, so that's why it looks dark, it doesn't look like smoke.

I'm glad someone figured this out!!! Way to go Arnett!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

If its an insect, where does the smoke come into the picture?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by Koka

If its an insect, where does the smoke come into the picture?

Read Arnett's post! He's right, it's not smoke, it's turbulence, that much seems pretty clear. What's not clear is what the object is that caused the turbulence, some of the theories proposed apparently are insect, bird, plane, superman, UFO controlled by aliens from zeta reticuli, or a cigar butt thrown acrross the field of view by a friend...did I miss any? In any case, when you apply the notion that "all else being equal, usually the simplest explanation is the best one" an insect or bird seem like pretty simple explanations. Now that you know there's no smoke, those are easier to swallow. But I can't tell for sure what the heck it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
reply to post by Starseed32

Ufos don;t have fumes coming out the back.It was a jet.

Not an attack, but, how is it that you know if they do or do not exhaust?

Back to the OP, I wouldn't be too optimistic about this video.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
first something passes with a trial then the image flickers and there is a second cloud of this trial.

look at it

I think this is a hoax, why would the image flicker (stopped and started again) or something.

Excellent observation, I too am troubled by the discontinuity in the image after the first UFO passes, we get some turbulence, then it fades, then we suddenly get a larger dark area caused by the turbulence. This is an obvious discontinuity. While I wouldn't rule out a hoax, I don't think that's the only possible explanation, could be a Microsoft windows glitch where the laptop froze up a bit or stuttered during the recording, or something like that. But it definitely raises a red flag to see such glaringly obvious discontinuity in the image, I'm surprised more people didn't point this out, good eye!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join