It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO??? or Plane???? Take a look!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiizhan

Great catch, seems to be a plane of some sort; but just as a theoretical question could it be at all possible that alien craft also have lights? I've always wondered this: I mean if they are really observing us could it be possible that they are also trying to blend in? Big Star.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
OK...I just saw the second 'object' it is INDEED cooking.....since I'm a whackjob.....

The first object is moving fast, slightly downward and smoking unusually....the second object is moving apparently faster, on what appears to be the same vector....

It looks a lot like an interception to me...the first object had already been struck with something and was about to get struck a second time...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I wouldnt instantly turn to UFO on this one. The exhaust trail was pretty clear. One thing that does interest me somewhat about the video , is that just before the object passes the shot , there is a slight change in the colour of the shot of the moon. Now Im sure theres a logical explanation, and I dont pretend to understand that much about imaging software, or indeed harware, but it seems strange. Alot of videos have similar oddities. Anyone got a heads up on what those colour changes are ?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Thanks for doubling up on my criticism of the previous post. Some people just come on here to get a reaction they have no actual insight and are just here to try to anger the people that would actually like to learn something. So my constant question back to those people is always, "Where's you degree?".

Excuse me. "Where's you degree?" It is "Where's your degree?" Obviously, yours is not in English. All ATS members are able to express an opinion and no degree is needed, thank you.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks that is exhaust from a jet engine is seriously delusional, let alone a ET UFO. Unless, like I said before, it is Buster Crabbe battling Ming the Merciless.

Sorry, that is my opinion.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Thats an adequate statement, I would agree that alot of the zany UFO observers do go out on a limb very often, many of the same people could be present for disinformation. But regardless I can't say it is absolutely a cigar of a cig because I don't know what it is. Also a previous poster found and stilled a picture of a light flashing on the top of the craft, which would lead me to my previous conclusion of aircraft of some type or possibly a missle.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Anyone who thinks that is exhaust from a jet engine is seriously delusional, let alone a ET UFO. Unless, like I said before, it is Buster Crabbe battling Ming the Merciless.

Sorry, that is my opinion.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by TheComte]

Don't be sorry for expressing your opinion...some here only want one side expressed.

Reminds me of the guy who called the police saying a large round, glowing object was over his barn. The police investigated to learn it was the moon. Some people see what they want to see.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I did say in my previous post I respected your stance but when you act absolutely positive about something, its no longer an opinion it's as if your treating it as fact. So yes in this instance I would've liked to know what Degree would allow you to talk in such absolutes. No need to get testy and yes I don't have a degree in English, I have one in Biology.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level

P.s Regarding speed it could have been thrown and passed over the small camera in seconds. I severly doubt this was a ufo or a get, the smoke behind it would mean the aliens where burining oil and really needed to get the cigar ship serviced

How on Earth does one come up with such a silly and ridiculous assumption? You have no idea if the object IS a ufo or not, but if it is.. how are you so familiar with their craft propulsion technology? How in the hell does it leaving a smoke/vapor trail automatically signify that the craft is burning oil and in need of maintenance? Who are you to say it wasn't designed to work exactly like that?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The background is pure black no red no green nor blue and the object colour is the same as the background like 1-2 % brighter.
So it is impossible to see the borders of the object.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I can't believe no one has yet suggested this is a meteor.

Meteors appear exactly like that, breaking into more than one piece as it hits the atmosphere and leaving a trail of smoke.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Starseed32

No plane. No UFO. Most likely someone passed the area and flcked a cigarette out the window of a car. Hardly worth the time of day for further speculation. Not even slightly impressed. Must be a slow news week for UFO freaks.

You know, your opinion is fine! No problem, but that is what it is. I don't know what the object is, but I thought it looked pretty cool. I think your comment of "hardly worth the time of day for further speculation is rude!! You didn't have to post here. This thread is just for people to speculate and enjoy trying to determine what this guy reported! That's it!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It is a UFO, but we are trying to figure out whether it is an extraterrestroal ship from outer space or a bug, a cigar, or even if the video was faked or not...

Oh!, and if you need a degree for you to listen, in this day, and age - a degree means nothing in the end... Heck Thousands of people have a degree - yet - the ones who don't seem to know more than the ones with the degrees...

Again a degree by itself means nothing - it must be on the side of work, study, etc.. of which many of today's people sorely lack...

Today it is better to trust a non-degreed person with your life than a degreed one as one who doesn't have a degree knows more about life... You do know that there are more to life than books, but both do go hand in hand....

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The object seemed to me to be symmetrical so I caught an image of it and drew a line around what the front of the object seemed to look like on entering the frame.

As for the ''smoke'' this appears to extend to the with of the object or the stream is proportional to the size of the craft/object which would indicate it is more lightly to be an air disturbance/vapor as it quickly settles or dies out as the object passes, smoke or such would remain for much longer in my opinion but I an no Spurt in that.

Really thinking outside the box: It could be a craft that is using some kind of super conductor to propel it hence the vapor stream left behind it.
www.youtube.com...
Just a thought...
We will never know really

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My first post! I love to read these forums and the associated stories. I have decided to add my two cents on this one.

8" Schmidt/Cass Celestron Telescope - Computerized, auto tracking, semi-pro

The Shot:
-There are some simple mathematical techniques we can use to derive the speed and distance traveled by the UFO ( I will call it a UFO because it is unidentified). The only constant we can use in the shot is the Moon itself, so here we go!

- Circumference of the Moon = 10,917 km

- Distance to Moon = 370,301 km

- Moon in shot is roughly 20-22.5 degrees of the surface edge (terminator) which equals 1/18-1/16 of the moons terminator, now we divide 10,917 by 18 and 16 respectively and we get 606 km and 682 km. We can now use this to determine the actual size of the width of the shot. The visible portion of the Moon's terminator is 606-682 km and when scales using an engineers ruler, that represents 76% of the size of the width of the shot (left to right).

- 606-682 km divided by .76 yields = 797-897 km respectively, so the actual field of view at the moons distance of 370,301 km is 797-897 km wide. This is useful when we think about some of the things we might see flying in the sky.

- A typical commercial airliner operates at 30,000 - 39,000 feet, both small commuter jets and large jet airplanes. Translating this to meters we get an altitude of 9,144 meters - 11,887 meters, or 9.144-11.887 km.

- We know the Moon is 370,301 km away and commercial jets operate at an altitude of 9.144-11.887 km. That means the Moon is 40,496-31,151 times further away than a commercial jet. We also know that the field of view at the moons distance is 797-897 km, we know divide 797,000 meters (797 km) and 897,000 meters (897 km) by 40,496 (370,301 km /9.144 km) and 31,151 (370,301 km / 11.887 km). We get a field of view at 9,144 meters (30,000 ft.) of 19.6 - 22.1 meters, and a field of view at 11,887 meters of (39,000 ft.) of 25.5 - 28.8 meters.

- Now I had to estimate roughly the time it takes the UFO to go from the rigth side to the left side of the screen. I came up with 1/10 - 1/8 of a second.
I used 1/10 of a second for my estimations. Now if the craft crosses the screen in 1/10 of a second and we use the above fields of view at 9,144 and 11,887 meters altitude, we get:

- 196-221 meters per second at 9,144 meters altitude
- 250-280 meters per second at 11,887 meters altitude

- This equates to 705-795 km per hour at 9,144 meters altitude and 900-1,008 km per hour at 11,887 meters altitude.

- Now the facts: ****Typical**** commercial aircraft built since 1980 at altitude travel anywhere from 240-260 meters per second or 864-936 km per hour.

- Now also remeber that a jet at cruise at altitude can be anywhere from 30,000 feet to 39,000 feet. This is why I used the extremes because now it can fall anywhere between and still be explained as a commercial jet.

- The exhaust plume surrounding the UFO is probably a mixture of exhaust and the turbulent wake of air backlit by the light of the moon coming off the surfaces of the airliner or cargo jet that zoomed by.

****This is a commercial or military jet cruising at altitud3******

Hope I did well ! Cheers and keep the videos and awesome stories coming!

Arnett Out!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Looks like a perspective problem. The focus and intense closeup of the moon makes the airplane seem to move faster across the small window shot by the camera through the C8. Nice tracking of the moon. I hope you're going to try to catch the impact of the latest lunar NASA mission when it comes up in Oct.

Since the object has a vapor trail like an airplane with an exhaust, I would vote for airplane. Most UFO shots seem to make little air disturbance during fast motion.

I use a Celestron Nexstar GPS 11, with the same sort of tracking, and have been hoping to catch a UFO up close. Pretty hard to do, so I can understand your excitement. Great job providing an interesting video.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNETT 187

Excellent post and reasoning!

That would also explain the light seen on the top of the craft, which now would fit well in your suggestion.

Well done.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There is a small light on top of what I think is a military jet or jets,you can catch it at 1.04 in the video if you stop/start.
You can also see a heat signature as the jet passes,then you get possibly heated air cooling,(steam) after that,this happens twice,so maybe two jets,one below the other.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
first something passes with a trial then the image flickers and there is a second cloud of this trial.

look at it

I think this is a hoax, why would the image flicker (stopped and started again) or something.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Starseed32

No plane. No UFO. Most likely someone passed the area and flcked a cigarette out the window of a car. Hardly worth the time of day for further speculation. Not even slightly impressed. Must be a slow news week for UFO freaks.

What an incredibly well-thought out theory - and so convincingly presented! Thank you so much for settling this for all of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join