It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu - Very worried

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The first case of Swine flu has been decleared in my home city (Hull, United Kingdom).

How long does it take for a city to become properly infected? And what should I do to keep safe?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

Don't worry about it haha! To keep safe... wash your hands when you get chance and stay away from sick people...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

Don't worry about it haha! To keep safe... wash your hands when you get chance and stay away from sick people...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Study the outbreak from 1918. Sadly, not much you can do. Some get it and just experience normal flu symptoms, others die quickly.

Wait till the Fall, the deaths are going to jump thru the roof.

A couple have been reported where I am.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Yeah, just wait until the next flu season starts up. This time around isnt so bad, but next years round will probibly be much worse.

There is not much one can do other than wash your hands regularly and stay home yourself if you are sick.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Thanks Ace High, I will stay alive and keep posting on ATS until I die

And a few days afterwards

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

That's all we can do on this earth right?!

I am a huge history buff, and this just looks like it is going to be a rough flu season this fall. I see a lot of parallels to 1918. All we can do is wash our hands, pray to our gods, and see how things go.

Live each day like it is your last. That is what I say.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ravensara aromatica and Eucalyptus radiata are 2 essential oils that are said to be an excellent for the swine flu and generally any flu.

You can find information on these by googling ravensara - There is also a Thieves blend essential oil which was based off of a cure for the plague in early england. It does not contain any ravensara though - which is listed as the top flu defense.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
flutracker.rhizalabs.com...

I've been keeping an eye on this myself and trying to educate myself as much as possible prior to our approaching Fall Season.

I've found that if you have a plan and do everything to educate yourself in can be a great hedge against fear of the unknown.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I know how you feel mate however I have the problem even closer to home, my sister has it and was infected in her workplace by a girl that refused to go home, now it looks like my mum has it from caring for my sister. The problem we face is that idiots like the carrier knew they where already infected, once they had a raging flu they decide to go and spread the love all around

I am in Edinburgh whereas my family is in Glasgow so I am keeping my distance at the moment, I really think there is a cover up taking place as the news reports are limited at best, word of mouth is spreading that their is a huge difference in the number of infections and the reported cases. Plus NHS 24 is advising people to stay at home therefore the amount affected could be into the thousands. I hope this one fizzles out however come flu season this could get really messy. You want to see the peoples faces when I have been telling them tamiflu is as usefull as a chocolate teapot

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Don't feel alone, OP. I'm in Chicago and someone a little too close to my age just dies, about 5 miles rom where I live.

We're surrounded by it- and there are days I freak out ( despite having been exposed to much worse in an infectious disease lab).

Keep up your health, immune system, and hygiene. And, as the above poster wrote, pray- history shows us this is a nasty one- but that was 100+ years ago.
Antibiotics can take care of secondary pneumonia; anti-virals, while dangerous, can save you if you are really ill, and if you stay informed you'll be better prepared for this autumn.

I hope you stay safe and don't make yourselfnuts- remember- stress lowers the immune response!

Wellness and white light,

C

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If every single person on the planet were to catch the swine flu, between 2,000,000 - 5,000,000 people would die (or 3,500,000 avg)

Omg, head for the hills. 3.5 million people could perish if this goes mega viral and infects every single person on earth.

Who will be left to repopulate the human species when 3.5 million of us are gone?!?!?!

We're doomed.

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The following article regarding UN plans to curb human population growth is from the UN Chronicle, December 1, 1994.
findarticles.com...

Genetic Material of Virus From 1918 Flu Is Found
www.nytimes.com...
"One part of the answer is that the Spanish flu virus passed from birds to pigs and then to humans, a mode of transmission that is thought to produce the most dangerous strains of influenza viruses."

Video - [Spanish] Flu victim's body exhumed
news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...
"Darwyn Kobasa, a research scientist with the Public Health Agency of Canada, and lead author of the research, defended the decision to recreate one of the most dangerous viruses in history."

"Many influenza virologists remain nervous about creating and experimenting with a reconstructed 1918 Spanish flu virus, an extremely dangerous virus which disappeared from the world long ago"

news.bbc.co.uk...
"In 1918, an influenza pandemic started that became a global disaster ....There was a mild wave in the spring, but the very serious, lethal wave was in the autumn to the winter..."

Swine flu: the worst is yet to come in autumn, warns Alan Johnson
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Scientists isolate genes that made 1918 flu lethal
www.physorg.com...
"....researchers have identified a set of three genes that helped underpin the extraordinary virulence of the 1918 virus."

1918 flu resulted in current lineage of H1N1 swine influenza viruses, study says.
www.physorg.com...

New virus "very unstable," more changes seen: expert
www.reuters.com...
"Already it appears to more virulent than seasonal flu because it is killing younger people and it appears to have higher mortality than seasonal flu, so it doesn't make sense to treat this like seasonal flu."

"Seasonal flu kills about 250,000 to 500,000 people annually with a fatality rate of less than 0.1 percent. A study published in Science on Monday estimated that the new H1N1 flu virus has a case fatality ratio of 0.4 percent based on confirmed and suspected deaths."

Many Swine Flu Cases Have No Fever
www.nytimes.com...
"Many people suffering from swine influenza, even those who are severely ill, do not have fever, an odd feature of the new virus that could increase the difficulty of controlling the epidemic, said a leading American infectious-disease expert who examined cases in Mexico last week......"
“It surprised me and my Mexican colleagues, because the textbooks say that in an influenza outbreak the predictive value of fever and cough is 90 percent,” Dr. Wenzel said.

Vaccination News
www.vaccinationnews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

"Many people suffering from swine influenza, even those who are severely ill, do not have fever, an odd feature of the new virus that could increase the difficulty of controlling the epidemic, said a leading American infectious-disease expert who examined cases in Mexico last week......"
reply to post by BetweenMyths

This is worrisome, and has been discussed by many of us on many threads. Some people spike a 104- some of us have had dangerously LOW temps- some, none at all- normal 98.6. All of us, as reported, though, have felt as if we had raging fevers.

This is important info (as is all in your post), but thank you for drawing attention to the body temp issue. IMO this strian inhibits the body's ability to raise temp in the hypoothalamus, allowing it to propagate more quickly before our natural defenses (fever), kill it. It's also why so many have passed through thermal imagers at airports without setting alarms off, and allowing it to spread even faster.

Great post!

[edit on 20-6-2009 by CultureD]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by CultureD]

top topics

join