It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free software?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Does anybody know of any decent, completely free (don't mind registering it though) software for removing computer errors/viruses etc?

I keep getting a flash10b.ocx error which shuts down windows, I googled it and ran a scan, which highlighted loads of problems, removed a few, then wanted me to pay to remove the rest, which I'm not that inclined to do.

Too much pron - typo intended.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Here is a list of the "Best" free software for you.

Have fun

...The best free software...

...The Wiki...free software portal...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Excellent, thankyou...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
is i t a virus? cause u could just do system restore and restore to point b4 the virus or errors started to happen.
I use Avast! AntiVirus, Spy-Bot Search and Destroy, and Spyware Blaster.
To clean up my PC I have Advanced System Care(wich is free if u get the free version). and Smart Defrag when i wanna defrag. its at iobit.com

ANd now im downloading the AntiVirus that iobit has. its still beta tho.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I've always trusted Adaware and CCleaner...

There are others I have used but to be honest I have forgotten about them - I've actually had a pretty good system for a long time now - I must be wearing protection when I browse

WHAT EVER YOU DO STAY CLEAR OF ONE CALLED NOADWARE!!!!!!!!

Can't stress that enough - every time I have to fix my farthers computer it has (for the last couple of times) been that flipping program - all it does is tell you to buy crap that wont do anything and even worse it puts a 'dropper' or an installer trogen on your system - they then sell that back door to any old scum... It's a pain to get rid of, I usually just go for a fresh install, cos well It's not my computer and it lurns the old git a lesson!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks a lot guys... had my current computer for about 18 months and just noticed it slowing down a bit (too much pron)...

No major problems though, tried the first site and it was really useful, ran a couple of different programs and they both removed stuff, so thumbs up there.

top topics

join