It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how well is your faith?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
after been in ATS and other philosophy forums, i find the traditional view on religion quite different. but i learned alot of new things that i never thought before. such as gnostics, views on reincarnation...etc I also been expose to consipracies such as jesus might be human/alien hybrid, god might be alien with extreme complex technology, the books banned from the bible...i.e books of st.thomas and book of mary magdalene.

i know alot of you out there after reading and starting to realize the truth, it might be hard to keep up with your faith. espicially some of you been in combat and situation where you see the depth of deception and jealousy of human heart. i know it's hard to believe in soemthing better like a loving god when you loose all hope in the world.

so how do you guys keep up with your faith? do you still believe in better days? do you guys still hope? for me...i dont know..

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
"how well is your faith?"

Well as George Michael said, you've got to have it.

I have plenty of faith in myself though, which is all you need.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The bible says "faith without works is dead", so I would have to say time of death was 1986.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I really don't have anything to add but having god's name above mine on the board bothered me, as I was saying my faith was dead.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
so how do you guys keep up with your faith? do you still believe in better days? do you guys still hope? for me...i dont know..

This is not an uncommon thought. Even the most profound believer will stop from time to time and question their faith.

Quote from a really good song (and group):
Caedmon's Call: "Prove Me Wrong"
"I think that this is maybe all just a game
one my friends and family all play too
created to harness the young
and give some comfort to the old"

So, is that it is this just a game? Do we all just pretend that God exist because there are things that we can't explain? Well, you can easily come to this conclusion. It takes a lot less effort to just accept this as a myth. I mean when you look around you see wars, murder, lying, stealing, chaos.

But, if you shift your focus just a little you see things differently. Our planet is situated perfectly in our solar system. It has a moon to stimulate the oceans, which by the way is too big to have this perfect orbit with the earth. At 1/3 the size of the earth, no other planet/satallite comes close to this ratio. How is it that this was placed there?

Where did the human DNA sequence come from? We are talking about a complicated 30,000+ gene structue with error correction genes built into it to keep it stable.
Human DNA Repair Genes
The human genome, like other genomes, encodes information to protect its own integrity

Then we could dive off into more complicated matters. Is it possible to have something from nothing? One could easily argue against the case, but evolutionist attempt to present this case every day.
Life is something that crawled out of the sludge.
Where did the sludge come from?
From the Big Bang.
Okay, where did the Big Bang come from?
Ummm, the Universe is in an never ending cycle of contraction and expansion.
Ah! now you have painted yourself into a corner. You are talking about infinity now. An infinite past. With little effort it can be shown that if the past were in fact infinite, then we would never arrive at this point in time. How could we? There is still an infinite number of expansions and contractions yet to take place before this moment would exist.

So, something/someone outside of all this, ouside of time created this complicated Universe with error-correcting DNA sequences, and complex planetary orbits. Intelligent design is not that difficult of a conclusion to arrive at.

Now for the real question. WHO or what is this force. Obvously something even more complex than anything you and I have ever seen or heard of. To sum things up, by searching and examining various religions I've found that only one shows an example of God trying to reach mankind. *Dare I mention it?* Christianity. The rest boil down to what have you done to ascend, or what have you done to please the gods? If you do X and Y and Z you will make it to paradise. Christianity shouts out "You are not good enough!" You must rely on God to help you.

So to answer your question, this very morning I was walking to my car to go to work, and wondered the same thing. Am I sure there is a God? All I had to do was look around and observe everything around me to see that there was intelligent design. Then I remember what I've read in the Bible.

Good news for you. The size of your faith isn't what's important, its what you put your faith in that matters.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Unshaken!
Rock solid in the truth of Christ!

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by radiant]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
maybe the whole religion is just a big hoax to bring law and order to the society....but sooner or later we will be faced with an answer...

or maybe we will just rot as food for worms

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
maybe the whole religion is just a big hoax to bring law and order to the society....but sooner or later we will be faced with an answer...

or maybe we will just rot as food for worms

Not me man. Ashes in the Atlantic.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by radiant
Unshaken!
Rock solid in the truth of Christ!

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by radiant]

hmmm......have you visited ATS consipracies in religion lately? if you know every last theory been propose by the members about the truth in religion, and you have rock solid faith.....my friend...

top topics

join