It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprised CBS Let Him say this

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

you just used it, what are you getting at?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sorry, not Andy Rooney.

PROOF

Moreover, Andy Rooney himself denied that this polemic originated with him, saying in 2003 that: About a year ago, I became aware of a more serious theft of my name and it is so hurtful to my reputation that it calls for legal action against the thief. Hundreds of people have written asking if I really wrote the 20 detestable remarks made under my name that have had such wide circulation on the Internet. Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well whoever wrote it did a heck of a job. I pretty much agree with the whole darn thing. I could not have said it better myself.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

CTMoney:
I musta missed that episode but he made several points, actually 90%+, that I applaud. Unfortunately, I don't think the "average Joe" on the street could get away with making some of these points. My favorite point that was made was the one on speaking English. As a matter of fact, I feel so strongly about that one that I believe it should be a requirement to speak somewhat fluent, and I'll stress it again, f-l-u-e-n-t English, before you can become a citizen of our country. Just my two pennies worth......

Peace Everyone,
CBS (CBS are my initials by the way & have nothing to do with the network)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by schrodingers dog

As usual SD you serve the usefull idiot role for left leaning like minders.anytime that someone trys to show how Political correctness has totally torn people apart,you come with a collection of fancy words to ridicule them.

Oh don't be like that pumpkin, I'll use less of dem "fancy" words that confuser you so next time.

I don't care if Roony said this or not...

Evidently ...

it needs to be said...

Apparently for some more than others.

It is proven to be true everyday.If you choose to deny it then you are probably one of the people perpetuating lies to cover the truth up.

You mean like lying about who said what in order to give legitimacy to the content?
What's wrong, not enough cred when it comes from Mr. Corsi or Mr. Edwards?

Please ...

If everyone to the left of you and those of your ilk were actually on the left, this country would have keeled over long time ago.

So take your "white pride" dribble and your generalizations about those that don't agree with you and post them on a site where no one will call you out on them!

Yours truly,

The Useful Idiot.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If we had more people like this in the world, there would be a crap ton less problems. It just shows how there is a lack of Common Sense in the world. Its sad. I just hope all man can see this one day and go, "Why did we do this, man we were stupid"

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ok, so Rooney didn't say that.
This is too good to be left hanging out there.
Whoever gets to claim this gem will surely get elected next election.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
A few things...

Ok I get it Andy Rooney didn't say it. How many times do people need to post and refrence the snopes article that I too myself have just recently read. So what? I made a mistake. Sorry. Sue me. I didn't think that so many people would disregard the entire post and just point out that its a "hoax" even though it is technically not. Although Rooney didn't say it, it need to be said. Whoever said it got it right. Many people believe this is true. I am in no way a racist. I have many friends that are black and even dated a black woman for awhile. I am not racist one bit. I am also not a "right-wing, racists, ignorant, uneducated, extremist, nutjob, etc, etc, etc" like people think I am(see last 3 pages of posts), I am just a regular American citizen who is tired of watching the things that I say because its not "politically correct." Im tired of being "racist" for saying someone is black. Im tired of being "intolerant" or "homophobic" because I have a different opinion for homosexuality. Im tired of being ignorant because of said opinions. It is America. I am allowed to think, speak, and feel this way. If you don't like it. Tough. I am allowed to say this. My Bill of Rights says so. Again if you don't like it, the only way to stop it is changing the 1st Amendment or killing me. I suggest the former but good luck with that one!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
ya'll are on this thread like the flies in a barn.
serious though. there's a lot there. i have as many minority friends as i do white friends. and i'm white. and i'm a singer song writer , guitar player. not off topic. just suggesting that this might be a song kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a song along the lines of the beatles' come together. right now. over me.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This sounds so much like a right wing rant, trying to pry at the emotions of others. I especially agree with the other poster who quoted him using the NAACP as an example of something 'you' ( African Americans) have.

Firstly this you/us mentality is extremely hostile, and how could you even begin to bring in the NAACP into an argument about how unfair life is?

Is he really arguing that the African American community should never have had the NAACP, thus never had the powerful legal support offered by it, thus never winning the 'brown vs board of education case', and many others, and therefore NOT bringing an end to racial discrimination?

The NAACP was formed out of necessity for civil rights, not something to be jealous of.

Everyone will agree that Political correctness gone mad is a bad thing, but this 'rant' is ignorant and harmful.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This exact same nonsense has been going around since at *least* 2003. See this Snopes.com article.

Actually, this is what Mr. Rooney had to say about his alleged words:

About a year ago, I became aware of a more serious theft of my name and it is so hurtful to my reputation that it calls for legal action against the thief. Hundreds of people have written asking if I really wrote the detestable remarks made under my name that have had such wide circulation on the Internet.

Some of the remarks, which I will not repeat here, are viciously racist and the spirit of the whole thing is nasty, mean and totally inconsistent with my philosophy of life. It is apparent that the list of comments has been read by hundreds of thousands of Americans, many of whom must believe that it accurately represents opinions of mine that I don't dare express in my column or on television. It is seriously damaging to my reputation.

Really, it's important to do what you can to check the facts before posting something. This is especially true when it's something that elicits a very strong reaction in you, either positive or negative. Often such comments are deliberately made because of the emotional effect they are likely to have, without regard to truth.

Caveat lector.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

It's just that I'd expect someone to verify what he's posting. It wasn't that hard to track it down as a hoax. Snopes is your friend.

Also, a good portion of what this text said is ridiculous. You really don't want police legally able to shoot you unless you're a threat to them. Too easy for them to just shoot anyone they want, and claim they were running (and, one day it might be you who they decide to shoot).

Sure, we all get fed up with abuses of the legal system, with unreasonable complaints based on alleged racial, sexual, religious, or other prejudice, etc. - but the extreme position expressed in this text is equally futile and harmfu. Neither extreme is wholesome.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

There's not much to say about that... brilliant, absolutely awesome.

Now we just need someone to say it in this country and it might catch on...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Not even worth a comment except to point out that Tartarspoon unknowingly stumbled upon the real problem with America. Everyone seems to be glossing over it so here it is:

Originally posted by Tartarspoon

I agree, He pretty much said what was wrong with America.

I'm glad he said it, there is nothing wrong with offending people.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Tartarspoon]

Excellent insight, Tartarspoon! Now if America could change the view that "there is nothing wrong with offending people," I think it could be the great country that it used to be.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I really don't care if it a hoax, someone had to say it. It's freaking right on the money.

I mean in this day and age, why the hell do we have a National Association for the Advancement of Colored People? White is a color right? Why is there a United Negro College Fund, can anyone point me to the United Honky College Fund?

Another thing that ticks me off is Gay Pride parades. I mean come on already. Do we get to have Straight Pride parades? I think people are just getting sick and tired of the bull [snip] "protected" status thing in this country.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I mean in this day and age, why the hell do we have a National Association for the Advancement of Colored People? White is a color right?

I depends what you are referring to.
If you're talking of paint or pigment, white is completely absent of color.
If you're talking about light, white made up of the 3 primary colors.

Therels that 3 again.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Well than if were going to get technical about things. Than there are no white people (except albinos I suppose) there's pink, and different shades of brown.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I found that there is no way to star and flag this post, as those options have been removed for some unknown reason. Is there a prejudicial element working at ATS?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

Oh look. A rich white guy who doesn't get it. Stop the presses! Stop the presses!

Yes, he can be as intolerant as he wants. I just wish I had the connections to get the last several minutes of a popular prime-time news show to myself so I could air MY intolerances to the world, and get paid for doing so. Clearly, the world is against him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join