It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprised CBS Let Him say this

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My mere 0.02 is:

I don't really care what you guys are saying about minorities and how they should stop complaining, yada, yada...but I would hope you would agree that sometimes intolerance goes way too far to the point of restricting people's rights. Things that the constitution grants to every single man, woman, and child regardless of sex, race, religion, sexual orientation. That's when intolerance becomes a serious problem.

I'm not too comfortable with the fact that it seems some of you might suggest that racism and sexism isn't a problem at all. It's just the right to not tolerate someone. But, as I said above, it can and DOES go way too far.

I do believe that some people exaggerate when they say they are being discriminated against. Some people don't realize there are others that judge simply by individual merits and, as a defense mechanism, accuse someone of discrimination. I think that too is a problem.

But, I think it's a fine line...people either need to not be too sensitive or not be too intolerant. What should be focused on are the real problems like blatant and utter hatred against minorities such as gays, females, and people of different races.

I am a straight white female. I have it pretty easy compared to many. My only set back is that I am a female. I sometimes wonder if white men have ever tried to put themselves in the shoes of a female, a black, a mexican. I could never imagine what it must feel like to be in the shoes of a black female. Or try a lesbian black muslim female.

What I'm saying is that it's easy to roll your eyes when people complain of discrimination when you have never ever experienced it being the highest of the high--a straight white male.

I can't tell you how many times I've felt a little ping every time my boyfriend or his friends or even people on TV and what have you make a comment, innocent as it may be, about how I need to get in the kitchen and make something. It may not seem like a big thing but when you've heard little comments like that here and there your entire life, it builds up. There does come a point where you feel discriminated against.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm on a soap box but I just think you guys are walking a fine line and a little empathy goes a long way.

Here's an interesting fact:

There are currently 12,000 gays who were refused the right to serve their country simply because people are uncomfortable with it and apparently, worrying about a gay sleeping next to them.

The military is having so much trouble reaching their quotas that they have lowered their standards to permit mentally and physically disabled people and criminals join up. There are currently 4,200 FELONS in the military.

You can be borderline retarded, have a physical ailment, or you could have robbed a store at gun point, risk your very life and fight for this country. But not if your gay.

How horrible for the government to say that your faithful, loyal service isn't worth it to them. I can't imagine what those people must feel like.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
He's said nothing that I find interesting or of interest. Other then looking to rub others with his opinions to garner attention due to his profession. Saying other wise is just others jumping on his wagon to feel they have a place.

No star or flag.. and Bill Gates is a cheat and lier.. thats how he made his fortune.. duh.. rolls eyes..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Translation:

Let us all go to our own corner and make war with each other instead of finding common ground. When the simple things add up people for the most part have desire for the same thing. We all want love, understanding, respect, tolerance etc. but, anyway let us get back to throwing bricks.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A good looking female is in better shape in this world than a ugly male no matter what race , FACT and you can take that to the bank , should we tax looks and make the playing field level, Stop ranting and get a tight pair of jeans and lose some weight , this is the easiest way to the top, I will hire the good looking females before a smart white ugly male

[edit on 063030p://pmvpm by yenko13]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

Good On You Mr. Rooney, political correctness amounts to suppression of free speech.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Wow another White Boy who thinks he is black. You a Gangsta!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
On the other side of the spectrum I was listening to a black commentator today and he said t.v. today is much better than back in the 70's. He was saying how "All in the Family" was damaging to society and t.v. today is much more family friendly.

I was laughing my keester off wondering how many actually believe that one. Not once did he mention the Jefferson's and how "bad" that was for society.

I don't think either one was bad and I actually liked both shows. I think they represented the attitudes of the day back then and I still think they represent the attitudes of today. It's just that people don't want to admit it.

Archie and George represented true Americana thinking and I think they still do.

This black guy today on the other hand thinks Family Guy or Letterman represent true family values. I guess it's o.k. to portray filth about an innocent 14 year old having sex with a 35 year old man. Or pose God with a blond in bed. Yes, that's true family values "black man."

I am proud to say that I am more of the opinion of George Jefferson and Archie Bunker as opposed to the filth this black commentator says we are "supposed" to aspire to. In fact George and Archie are role models that I looked up to as a kid.

George couldn't stand his white neighbor married to a black woman and I totally agree with that. Archie didn't want the races mixing either. Archie also didn't think highly of homosexuals or encourage elementary students to learn about gay sex. The difference back then is both George and Archie tolerated it, lived with it but spoke their minds. They actually talked and spoke openly about their opinions.

Today, you can't even disagree with it or you are a racist, homophobic and borderline criminal. I don't think it's racism or homophobic to have an opinion. I think it's spineless not to speak your mind when a "minority" starts screaming intolerance.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

As usual SD you serve the usefull idiot role for left leaning like minders.anytime that someone trys to show how Political correctness has totally torn people apart,you come with a collection of fancy words to ridicule them.

I don't care if Roony said this or not,it needs to be said.It is proven to be true everyday.If you choose to deny it then you are probably one of the people perpetuating lies to cover the truth up.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
Translation:

Let us all go to our own corner and make war with each other instead of finding common ground. When the simple things add up people for the most part have desire for the same thing. We all want love, understanding, respect, tolerance etc. but, anyway let us get back to throwing bricks.

Love, understanding, respect and tolerance start at home, not at my door step. People should work on their own family before they demand something from mine. It seems we are all supposed to help and tolerate those that don't help or tolerate their own kind... I find that laughable...

They are so frustrated with their own lack of humanity that they project all their fear and anger on those that actually work for a living and try and raise a decent family. It's not my responsibility to justify their lack of social graces...

That's not throwing bricks. That's having an opinion. I know you would rather say it's throwing bricks because saying that guilt's some into submission. Your "social norm" if you will... The difference with me is I could care less.... A is A...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
He didn't say that though.

He plagiarized that from somebody. I don't know, but I read what he said over a year ago.

You can go ahead and not believe me, but it is the truth, I'll take a screen shot. But what he said has been floating around for a while now.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

You are quite right I remember reading a thread here about a year ago that was word for word what he is quoted as saying; however, I don't remember the thread or the person to whom the credit for all of that belongs to. Perhaps it was a rerun and he is the original person, but I do know for sure that I read this exact same thing here around a year ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tartarspoon

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Well, I hate to try and respond to that, because he pretty much said it all!

I agree, He pretty much said what was wrong with America.

I'm glad he said it, there is nothing wrong with offending people.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Tartarspoon]
Unfortunately my friend, there is MUCH more wrong with America than just what he has touched upon in his few minutes he's alloted weekly.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
All I can say is "Wow"! This is what my cousin and I have been saying for years. I am glad they broadcast that and I wish I had recorded that. Thanks for putting the transcript up.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How can people be so silly to believe this utter nonsense?

This is just one of those mass emails which someone (the OP) has tried to attribute to a recognised media outlet to give it more credibility, or more 'shock value' (wow - I can't believe he said that...).

If this was something being presented verbally on tv, why would he say:

"If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines".

In other words - it's a written document intended to be read. How can I 'see the above lines' when someone is talking to me?

If you want to post something like this because it's funny, that's great, but this may not be the site for it. Try sending it on via email to all your buddies like everyone else has done for the past 3 years...

Rewey

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's a fine rant, no doubt. It addresses so much of what's wrong, at least from a social aspect, in this country and does it rather succinctly. It all comes down to the radical feminization of America. When we are afraid of offending anyone we end up penalizing and offending everyone.

Although this is really a gross oversimplification, it seems to me that the only real 'right' you should have, not just as an American but as a human being in general, is the 'right' to have an opportunity. If we're all equal (which we are) that should mean that we're all equal across the board - good and bad. No victims. No special treatment and no discrimination. We should all have the opportunity to live the lives we want. To say the things we want, all within the confines of a modern and enlightened society.

Of course it doesn't work like that, does it?

It seems that somewhere along the way, we've lost the spirit and drive that has made this country great. We've given away so much of what we are in an effort to create a psychological NERF world where there are no sharp corners or edges that may sting as we walk along the path towards a better future.

I have to wonder what the Founding Fathers would think if they could see where we are a mere few hundreds years later.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

The rantings of an old and deranged man. How can anyone take him seriously? Thus. the outage should not exist. It is like seeing some crazy on the street corner, try not to make eye contact and keep walking.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Glad this was listed as a hoax... I knew rooney wasn't that much of an idiot.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
*Looks for applause button*
This guy, I aren't American but if he was running for president I would vote him.
The only part I did have an issue with is the police right to shoot people part too.
However I think people are taking it out of context, I doubt he meant they have a right to shoot you in the head if your parked illegally.
He is clearly getting at the point that they are armed police and criminals assume they wont use their guns, the cops are hesitant (in most cases) because they know as soon as they pull the trigger they are looking at anything from a racist accusation if the criminal is black (no matter what he did) or just unlawful killing with his name plastered all over the news.
Even if he walks free he knows he can't be a police officer again most likely ruining his life.

This guy is not pandering to the PC brigade and it's becoming more and more a crucial way of thinking after all the bending over backwards we have to do.

Reciting the allegiance proudly and not just as a gimmick or to gain citizenship was a good way to sign off.
A rare opportunity to speak truthfully with heart and not be bound by fear, that's why it's a surprise, most people are too cowardly to see what is really happening all around them.

Edit: So now its a hoax, yep, sounds about right, nobody is allowed a voice.
Stupid whitey scum will now get back to realising its even now just a joke to pretend the average white man who doesn't conform to being the worlds mug has a voice.
Sigh.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by keepithush]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Andy Rooney saying this is the hoax, not necessarily the content of the rant.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It was as if rooney looked inside my mind and said what was on it.
you know we should all band togther and start a movement based on what he said, but they would say we're a racist hate group, we should do it anyway. affirmative action is the most racist program this country has had since the 60s someone should get the position because they're the best not the color of their skin, if white people went public saying "we want to advance the white race" it would be racisim.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
another right wing extremist, hate mongering racist..

**end sarcasm**

I would really like to slap some people...repeatedly, that use the term racist lately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join