It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprised CBS Let Him say this

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have seen Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes - none of this sounds like anything he would say.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

Ha. Glad that I could put a smile on your face. That's a good thing to have every so often.

Just to note as well, I know my example was a bit over the top, but, that's the point that Rooney was trying to get at. Threatening the police isn't a good, nor smart, thing to do.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i got this in a chain email years ago,

if you do a little research you'll find out a lot of what he supposedly said, never was actually spoken by him (Andy Rooney)

whoever wrote this just took a literary license with it, then assigned the credit to Andy Rooney.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

Wow, this guy sounds like a very angry old man...
I'm glad I don't share most of his opinions.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Same, I got that email from someone a year or two ago. I thought it was him that said it back then too. Not sure, am at work and dont have the time to research it. Doesnt matter. He said it, and he said it in the national spotlight, so to speak. He spoke logic and common sense. Two things that the USA had drained from their blood decades ago.

Before I read that rant in the past...I would ask people..what if there was a "white voices" link on the left side of the aol tool bar?

White college fund...all that, I would question. I promised to myself if I even won one of those big lotterys..not the 3 million dollar ones, the 200 million dollar ones, that I would start a mag, a college fund and the like for White Working Men. The most hated class of people in the USA.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sadly, Andy Rooney did not say this. Please visit :

www.snopes.com...

Andy Rooney is a liberal. He would never say half this stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Here:

I'll have to shoot him an e-mail and find out if he thought of that or if got it from somewhere else.

And here it is from Snopes.

www.snopes.com...

Edit to take picture out and add Snopes link.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

He never said it.

If you read the quotes at the bottom taken from a couple of interviews with him you will see that he denies ever saying it. Someone saw it,threw his name on it and circulated it.

This is just one of those hoax email things.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Freedom of speech at it's best. Well put, Andy Rooney. A star and a flag to the op for this one. Well done!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTMoney

"I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door."

true.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

true.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

true.

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

Kinda true, but some opinions are wrong (I am not gay btw).

I have the right 'NOT' to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

Wrong... you should be tolerant of others because the world would be a much nicer place if you are. plain and simple.
Reckless hate of someone because you dont understand them or agree with them does nobody any good, at all.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

true, if that were true.
Please list me a city in America where 70% of the population is black...
Perhaps certain sections are, but not the entire city itself, and then you have to ask, why are these areas 70% black, and why is it not as nice as the area of the city where people are 70% white?
And lets take this a little further to the cities where 70% of the people are white and still the majority of people arrested are black... (No, I am not black)

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

Sure, knowing the language would be nice, but no one is stopping me from moving to a country where I don't know the language. And how about the majority of immigrants that speak better english than we do.

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

No, they probably died in wars that had absolutely nothing to do with us, oppressing other people, but thats not their fault either.

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.

Wow, this one is just crazy... so you think that someone's life is that invaluable? Well excuse me, but screw the cops, most of them are overzelous and power hungry anyway.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

Just as much as anyone else...........

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

Our constitution is garbage atm anyway, and I'm sure no one asked us to "defend their freedoms." This one is hilarious...

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor

I pitty the poor... its very unfortunate that a lot of hard working individuals cant support their family... and I hate the rich that keep getting richer due to bail outs, loop holes, and lobbyists.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think hes just rambling now...

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more.. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

Ok, thats fair.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say 'NO!'

I think there are much better ways to go about it, but if you want to do it the old caveman way sure, why not, your the one that has to live with yourself.

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

Ok, this is getting ridiculous now... what a bitter man. Tattoos and piercing are art and have been used as political statements throughout the centuries. Look at old japanese samurais, shogunates, Thailand monks etc...
Whos the ignorant one?

I am sick of 'Political Correctness.' I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa ; so how can they be 'African-Americans'? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe .. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

Well, I suppose if I were enslaved for hundreds of years and till survived I would be proud of my heritage too...

And if you don't like my point of view, tough..."

ignorance at its finest.

Talk about the truth! Rooney pretty much said what a decent amount of Americans have been thinking for quite awhile but were too afraid to say because of political backlash. Rooney also ended his segment by reciting the pledge of allegiance in full with no omissions

Sorry your so bitter as well. I didnt hear the truth at all. whats a decent amount of americans? because I dont have any friends who would agree with this GARBAGE.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

He didn't say it. Read the two posts above yours.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

something I found somewhere...and it raises similar points

"Michael Richards, better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld, does make a good point. This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act.

"There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc. And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman' .. And that's OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-'n-word', Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... You call me a racist. You say that Whites commit a lot of violence against you... So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET...

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists..

If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' our, Lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students Scholarships. You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges' That would be a racist college..

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.

If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us Racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it.

But when we announce our white pride, you call us racist!

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white Police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

There is nothing improper about this E-mail.

Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on. I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have lost most of OUR RIGHTS in This Country. We won't stand up for ourselves!

BE PROUD TO BE WHITE! It's not a crime yet .... But getting real close!"

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

My friend, you are incorrect with your 70% statement.

Cities w/populations of African Americans +70%:

Detriot, MI
Gary, IN
Miami Gardens, FL
Birmingham, AL
Jackson, MS

Each of those cities carries a CITYWIDE population of +70% African American...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So let me get this straight ...

The OP attributes all of the above to Mr. Rooney, without checking his sources or verifying it's validity.

Anyone who's ever listened to old Rooney knows he's not the type to hit up worlsnetdaily and spout off their manifesto.

Mr. Rooney is a placid cat who at best will say controversial things such as:

Anyone who watches golf on television would enjoy watching the grass grow on the greens.

All men are not created equal but should be treated as though they were under the law. *

All all the while peeps starring and a flagging.

Presumably at the right wing tirade rather than any effort from the OP to provide accurate information.

Must be the latest wingnut trick, falsely attribute thoughts to respectable old men of note.

You should all be very proud.

[edit on 18 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

It's pretty funny, but all he really said was: Hey I'm kind of a self-centered A-hole & like being so.

Whatever, land of the "free" right?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Snopes, like Google, can prove your friend....

www.snopes.com...

Funny. How the Paul Harvey aspect lends an entirely different "light" on the subject matter.

moving to HOAX

.. ... with No reflection on the OP.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Reminds me of a local bar in Portsmouth Virginia (Roger Browns Sports Bar) former NFL player. Portsmouth has a lot of Black people and after opening his restaurant he learned that the Black community didn't know how to tip. Amongst a lot of other things like trying to get free food by claiming the White waitress is racist and that they are not paying and want her fired. Funny thing is, it was Wife. He was like that woman's racist? That is my wife, after all these years she turned racist on me?

I thought it was funny!

I have another friend who is a State Trooper and carry's around a picture of a Black woman and her kids and when the race card gets pulled he gladly shows his family Photo!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
in my opinion, i like those opinions and i'm hispanic

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hgfbob
reply to post by CTMoney

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET...

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists..

If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

This rant annoys me like no other. Wow, like it's like people just completely disregard history. I don't even want to break it down because that rant is extremely old, and I don't even think it was Kramer's defense. It was just some random angry guy.

But LOL @ WET. It already exists! It's every other channel but BET.

Also, let's answer two questions: When was the NAACP founded? And tell me why was it founded? When you answer those two questions you'll realize how stupid it is to use that as a point.

I will just leave it alone though. I'm not even getting into why we have black history month in the first place. If anyone looked up history you'd know why Black History Month exists.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmm didn't expect that from Andy Rooney the guy that thinks embedding chips in people is a good idea. He's right except for Bill Gates who is knight of Malta Vatican connected. Bill Gates hasn't invented anything and probably never will. A lot of his early success was from stealing other peoples work. But that aside, Rooney did a great job. I think the message is getting out there.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The ATS Method at it again....

According to Snopes, Rooney didn't say any of this. But every so often someone sends this out on email or posts on a discussion group.

www.snopes.com...

Hoax, but not on the part of the op.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by c3hamby]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by c3hamby]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join