It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxer, the U.S. Senator, Chides Brigadier General for Calling Her

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Boxer, the U.S. Senator, Chides Brigadier General for Calling Her

www.foxnews.com

"You know, do me a favor," an irritated Boxer said. "Could say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?'"

However, Walsh surely meant no disrespect, as military protocol advises that officers may use "sir" or "ma'am" when addressing anybody higher than them on the chain of command.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Juston]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Juston]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wow! Ego trip much? I wonder how many soldiers/sailors/marines/or airman she calls by thier title that they work hard for?

How can we have a Senator that has so much animosty towards the Military in office. Remember, she was also a Code Pink supporter!
The General has some good military bearing...I would not have been able to contain myself had she said something like this towards me, esp. with her backround.

I swear some people really get to me... Sen Boxer? FAIL.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

"You can never go wrong by using 'Sir' or 'Ma'am,' but it is a nice touch if you can properly address a senior officer," says the guide, Military Protocol: Uniformed Services.

Tuesday's hearing was hardly the first time a military officer used those terms during sworn testimony.

The same day at a Senate Armed Services subcommittee hearing, two Navy officials repeatedly referred to Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., with the title, "sir."

"Yes, sir," Navy Vice Adm. Bernard McCullough said when answering questions.

Wicker raised no objections.

What a whiny elitist! I have worked for many PhD's that did not want to be called Dr. I have also seen State Senators and Representatives at our capital chastise aides for not addressing them properly.

It is always very ironic when a Mobile Home Salesman expects a Lawyer or Scientist to address them as a superior! (True example that I witnessed!)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Oh, oh, this just makes me livid,
like he didn't go through hell to get where he is today?

besides isn't she a servant of the people?

Not queen.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I know right? How can a servant of the people be affiliated with an organization like Code Pink and be able to disrespect a Military Officer, who is appointed by the president BTW, be able to hold her seat...crazy!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston

I know right? How can a servant of the people be affiliated with an organization like Code Pink and be able to disrespect a Military Officer, who is appointed by the president BTW, be able to hold her seat...crazy!

OH I didn't know about code pink.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here's a pic i took of her....
I think it pretty much sums things up....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

What is wrong with Code-Pink? I had never heard of them until this thread, so I went to look them up.

Their tactics are a little out there, kind of like PETA, but at least they attack Republicans and Democrats alike. In that link is a good timeline of their actions, and they have gotten Hillary, Obama, Pelosi, Rice, and McCain. They have protested at Walter Reed where VA patients were being mis-treated.

They seem to have their heads on straight, even if they are a little radical!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What's wrong with them??

Code Pink has been criticized for actions at demonstrations at the Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, DC. The criticism has centered on the use of tactics such as displaying coffins and chanting aggressive slogans.

Wiki - Demonstrations at Walter Reed Medical Center

What if that was your son or daughter looking out the window of Walter Reed and saw such nonsense?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I could think of a few things to call her and none of them rhyme with ma'am. This WOMAN is lucky she still has a job and likes to tell others how to properly address her give me a few minutes with her and she will learn that respect goes both ways.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Well, as I said the tactics are a little radical, but in that link, they were not protesting the war, they were protesting the treatment of the Veterans, which was horrendous at the time. VA hospitals were (and still are) in dire need if reform, so whatever it takes to get our veterans the attention they need! Walter Reed has been basically overhauled recently, so maybe they had a hand in that!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Double Post! I always wondered how that happened to people, now I know. Do not hit enter a couple of times, if you don't know where the cursor is!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Haven't you learned? She is your OWNER, and you are an inconsequential piece of dirt, or at least she thinks so. People get the history they deserve, and Kalifornia deserves her. They deserve the huge taxing that the Demoncrats are attempting to impose now. I was rather surprised at Arnolds' coming out opposing them and supporting us tax payers. But, hes' not really Democrat, and not really Republican, so maybe he is ok. Perhaps America will overthrow the current despot, and put in Arnold. We are lawless now, anyways. A KENYAN?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

They have done other things, just read old news headlines. Not that I have anything against a persons right to protest, but protest the decision makers, not the soldiers. That's what this group usually did...i.e. targeting a recruiting station and its workers for days on end.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I posted my response to this on twitter today, but I'll say it again here. SHE probably lied, cheated and stole to get her much-coveted "position," like most Senators do. HE is actually worth something, facing death on a daily basis at some point in his career and risking his neck for stuck up *SNIP* like her. Poo gets me pissed.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

It just occured to me, maybe it would be more accurate to address her as 'sir'! Hey, they do it on Star Trek...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ngoogs

Totally agree. I'll tell ya. If I was there, as a Senator, I swear I would have interrupted, laughed, and told her to get off her horse. Then I would have apologized to the General for his fellow citizens rude behavior.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Isent Code Pink also suspected in the bombings of several US military recruiting offices?

As for Barbara Boxer ... I am so sick of her, Pelosi, Reid, Kennedy, etc thinking that they speak for all of us and them thinking they know what's best for us. They don't know jack.

please don't circumvent the automatic censors
Thank you,
gallopinghordes
ATS member and mod

[edit on 18-6-2009 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

No, they were not suspected. And since their inception in 2002, there has only been one bombing, in which they were cleared.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Remind you of someone:

“Now, Mr. Evil…”
“Dr. Evil! I didn’t spend seven years in Evil Medical School to be called ‘Mister’, thank you very much.”

Boxer ought to run her suck somewhere else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join