It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's On: W Slams O !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
washingtontimes.com...

Bush takes swipes at Obama policies

ERIE, Pa.| Former President George W. Bush fired a salvo at President Obama on Wednesday, asserting his administration's interrogation policies were within the law, declaring the private sector -- not government -- will fix the economy and rejecting the nationalization of health care.

"I know it's going to be the private sector that leads this country out of the current economic times we're in," the former president said to applause from members of a local business group. "You can spend your money better than the government can spend your money."

Repeatedly in his hour long speech and question-and-answer session, Mr. Bush said he would not directly criticize the new president, who has moved to take over financial institutions and several large corporations. Several times, however, he took direct aim at Obama policies as he defended his own during eight years in office.

"Government does not create wealth. The major role for the government is to create an environment where people take risks to expand the job rate in the United States," he said to huge cheers.

Well, it's going to get interesting now! It's a good thing that he put some distance between his term and these statements. You can't deny the things he said other than his interrogation defense

I was pretty frustrated with W, but O scares the heck out of me. If you can't see the "change" to our lives he's making, then you must be a whole lot younger than I am

[edit on 6/18/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Poor George. Someone needs to remind him that all of these bailouts started on his watch.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I find it absolutely hysterical (and ironic) that Obama is starting to make GW look........(dare I say it...).....better? ROTFL~ This is how bad it's gotten. What a sad, sad, sad state of affairs!

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
I find it absolutely hysterical (and ironic) that Obama is starting to make GW look........(dare I say it...).....better? ROTFL~ This is how bad it's gotten. What a sad, sad, sad state of affairs!

Well at least "W" was an American, lol

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I'd give you 100 stars for being able to make me laugh about the crazy state of affairs

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I think ol' George should keep his trap shut for a few years yet, and concentrate on doing up his house in Paraguay.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Poor George. Someone needs to remind him that all of these bailouts started on his watch.

And they were magnified 100 fold by Obama. And even made worse, if that's possible.

Obama spends money like a drunken Sailor on liberty. That's his answer to any problem that comes down the pike.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

you are absolutely correct. And the fact the Obama is continuing the spending spree, it only furthers the idea that there is not partisan issues on the inside. Just on the news. SSDG (G is guy, you get the rest)

When will this end?

edit cuz I can't spel

[edit on 18-6-2009 by network dude]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

As long as we're all playing the blame game, let's break it down:

www.nytimes.com...

The fact is, we went from a surplus to a deficit in ten years. We didn't just have one President during that time and control of Congress has changed hands as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975

Even better

I found a place where you can purchase bumper stickers that say:

Don't blame me, I voted for the American

BTW, the "o" in the word "voted" is Obama's campaign symbol.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

As long as we're all playing the blame game, let's break it down:

www.nytimes.com...

The fact is, we went from a surplus to a deficit in ten years. We didn't just have one President during that time and control of Congress has changed hands as well.

And let's also keep in mind that it is congress that actually spends the money. Now, when did congress become controlled by the democrats again?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

ROTF! No kidding right? I mean, I just don't even comprehend how all this happened! ...and yes I threw my vote away by voting for Nader (also an American!) but I stand by that dammit!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Don't blame me, I voted for the American

Oh that's funny,

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

I'd give you 100 stars for being able to make me laugh about the crazy state of affairs

Thank you,

I can't remember a time in my life when everything was [SNIP].

Censor circumvention removed

[edit on 18/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniac
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I think ol' George should keep his trap shut for a few years yet, and concentrate on doing up his house in Paraguay.

Carter and Clinton first, OK?

Remember that until Carter and Clinton started flapping their jaws, it used to be part of presidential protocol (for over 200 years!) that ex-presidents did not publicly criticize current presidents.

Now Carter is obviously a senile, old fool, but what's Clinton's excuse?

[edit on 6/18/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

True that! Now I have always believed that the foundation for the STHF was laid down by Clinton (for a variety of reasons, international p-whipping being a biggie). Cleary GW ran with it, fell over, crapped his pants, etc. but there have been alot of players in this degredation of the system. Can't just blame one 100%. Politicians have not done a good job for quite some time now. The last one I remember being truly in good favor was Regan and I was just a lil whippersnapper then.....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

How long will it be before the Democrats stop pointing fingers and start accepting responsibility for running the Country?
One of Bush's biggest mistakes was believing he could actually work with the Democrat controlled congress on a bi partisan level.

We can all sit around pointing fingers but that's not going to feed someones family.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What? You don't like a naturally born Kenyan living in the White House?

[edit on 6/18/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I can't remember a time in my life when everything was this flucked up.

I know it........who would have ever thought that we'd refer to the 1980's as our 'golden age'. How sad is that? I was just a little kid then but I remember things being distinctly more pleasant. People were nicer, more relaxed. Despite the terrible interest rates at the time, I cannot remember anyone being particularly disturbed by it. The vibe was completely different, and we're only talking 20-25 years here.
I think I'm going to tease my hair and put on some rubber bracelets :p

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Pardon Me? I thought the point of the OP is that W is pointing fingers? After spending trillions on his own watch.

I'm just setting the record straight as to who has spent what...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join