It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I found this story so absurd I had to post it. Is this what PETA is preaching now? Their new cause? The Protection and Ethical Treatment of House Flies?

A Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher.

Are these people serious?

Good grief.

PETA's insanity knows no bounds.

So what say you ATS'ers and PETA supporters? Have they officially gone off the deep end?

Would you invest in the one of these ridiculous contraptions, or would you deal with that pesky house fly the old fashioned way?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here is a pic of the Humane bug catcher:

I would personally use one of these if I have a house fly problem:

A lot cheaper, and more efficient at dispatching those dirty bugs!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
the catch a bug device could be looked at as a form of temporary imprisonment for these helpless creatures. i think peta needs to invent a more humane way to comply with these innocent creatures rights..classic! these guys need to find something better to do with their time. most of their solutions to things can be viewed in the same light as the origanl issue. they contradict themselves all the time

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
They had gone over the deep end a long time ago. I'm against animal cruelty but insects...c'mon. You can go to your local store and buy many types of pesticides and insecticides that will kill hundreds of pests at once and you don't hear PETA mutter a word.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Next they'll be telling us not to walk in the grass or we might step on an ant. I can understand and agree with not wanting animals to be tortured or mistreated, but literally not killing a fly? I think I'll stick with the fly-swatter or rolled up newspaper.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Shouldn't this be classified under the terms of the Geneva Conventions.

Good God people what kind of monster is this man?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am truly at a loss for type. The man swatted a fly. Can anyone of you say they have not? I am truly dumbfounded over this. What is the issue?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ah PETA my Arch Nemesis! We meet again!

Does anyone else want to slaughter a pig in PETAs offices or is it just me?

I say again, stupidity should hurt.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

Too funny...How does PETA expect anyone to take them seriously when they're crying about swatted flies? PETA isn't helping the animal rights movement with this kind of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Slap on the cuffs and have PETA haul me away....:shk:

I sprayed a bug killer in my recycle bin today to kill maggots.
Lunch was a ham sandwich with a fried egg.
The roast we had for supper was still bleeding as I cut into the juicy meat.

Dead fly babies, slabs of pig flesh and chicken embryos, plus a bleeding piece of beef to top the day off. I'm human, and I intend to go on doing what I do to survive.

I'm setting some mouse traps and baits tomorrow to continue my killing spree.
Screw PETA.........

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Boy... I was a believer that PETA couldn't get any more funny after the Ben & Jerry's incident.

Anyway, i'm all for animals. I love most of them. I donate money to a tiger foundation and all my dogs over my lifetime have been from animal shelters, one we even rescued as a stray. When I am out of college I hope to be a dog foster.

But come on. A fly? I guess they don't consider the number of diseases they carry. I guess they also forget that they only live like less than a month anyhow.

I didn't spend thousands and thousands of years killing animals to survive and evolve, not to put a complete stop to it.

Isn't it funny how the things that made us superior to any other animal is the same thing that's destroying our race?

Anyway, PETA, for the most part, does some pretty good things. Again though, maybe it's just the animal-lover in me that makes me feel that way. But a few of the things they do are just hilarious. Like another post said, with acts like this, how is anyone supposed to take the organization seriously?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
PETA becomes more irrelevant with each passing moment.

new topics

top topics

join