It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if ATS disappeared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Lets say the next time you try to cone to this website you find it is gone. TPTB has decided it is in the interest of "national security" to shut this place down.

The reason I ask is that the thought crossed might mind that in all likelihood as our society breaks down this may well be the case.

I for one would be distraught. ATS has become a sort of therapy for me - a safe haven for free thinking. Frankly, it's not well accepted to talk about conspiracy stuff in casual conversations. Eventually, people are going to shy away from you because you have these weird and paranoid ideas. Most people can't handle the doom and gloom stories that aboiund here.

How would you handle not having the opportunity to share relevant news and ideas? How could you fill the void of not having ATS anymore?

[edit on 6/18/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'd start buying the Weekly World News again because it is just about as entertaining, and informative for that matter.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by ratcals]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well if ATS is gone, that would mean the internet is no longer relevant to me and I will probably go into bug out mode and leave the grid for good.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hmmmm. I suppose if ATS shut down without warning that would or could mean that TSHTF in some form and the conspiracy itself would then be a reality. Remember a week or so ago when it went offline for a couple hours? For a minute I thought it was a conspiracy!

If it goes down for real, that is a signal that we better put our contingency plans in action. And if the other popular sites were also down, then I'd panic a little. Having the information flow cut off would be like losing touch with reality.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I would go on with life.
two lines

Edited to say, and hopefully never have to go though life sayin, "two lines" after every one line response.

[edit on 103030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Form an ATS Meet-up group!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You can't hold back curiosity and ideas. There will always be a place for people to gather and exchange information, at least in some form. Alternative thinkers always seem to recognize each other, wherever they are.

That said, I'd probably have to go to rehab or something...it's an addiction and I can't just go cold turkey, it might kill me.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'd be highly upset I like tthis place very much. Weekly World News just doesn't have the same type of ring as ATS.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My kids would love it as they would get more access to my comp. as it would only be good for banking and checking my lotto numbers.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Return to a normal sleeping pattern...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'd gut tptb. I'd gut them good.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What would you do if ATS disappeared?

Not "if" but "when"

Technology changes

Fads and pasttimes change

Entertainment goes thru phases

The quantum computer of tomorrow will be small enought to ge implanted
and fed directly into the Occipital lobe.

If we last that long. If we don't, then "adios everything"

[edit on 18-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Probably read some books.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
We should have a contingeny plan for this.
All ATS members need to have a "secret sign"-so that we could subtley determine us ATSers from "the others."

How about a funny handshake....err oh no thats taken.
Roll up one trouser leg...oops thats taken too.
Pointy hats?Maybe as long as they're not white!
Eyeball tattoo??Hmmm not for me,too painful...
Subdermal chip? HELL NO!!!

I know-what if we all just go on an on about aliens/911/nwo/survival/hyperdimensional physics.
That can be our "secret sign!"

Seriously though,If TPTB banned ATS theres really only one thing that we should ALL do:
----------------------
-----!!!RIOT!!!-----
---------------------

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

If you tell an ATSer the sign, everyone would know it, besides I don't want all you fruit cakes following me home and showing up at my door.

[edit on 113030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Okay, let's see........
first, I'd morph into a Reptilian
then, I'd jump over to an alternate timeline and retrieve it...
then I would attempt to return to this timeline, only to be abducted by another alien race on the way.....damnit!
Then I'd wake up in my bed with absolutely no recollection of what happened and have to seek hypnotherapy to recover my experiences

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

You cant totally stop us, so long as we have IP addresses we are fine. it's easy enough to move the entire operation to an IRC server where you have categories broken into channels and bot's offering the latest news. The rest is done via chats.. Infact an ATS IRC server would actually be a very cool thing... they should look into that.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Heheh,I agree with you there.

I guess that justs leave the 'RIOT' option!!

Or we could launch our own secret network satellite,with encryption based on the reverse engineered Grey DNA.
The satellite would be armed,naturally,with our own ATS version of the Tesla death ray,in order to protect our beloved forum.

Get working Tech guys!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Good point! Are you guys not in contact via messangers? I am a part of a small group in Romania (about 50) we even have voice meetings every week..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

WE need to bring back ham radios.

smoke signals?

[edit on 113030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join