It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probablity and Karma.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey ATS,

After my recent "pondering" session, i stumbled across what i thought was a good question.

I was just thinking, about Karma, and that what you put in to the world, the world gives back. The nicer you are, the more the universe rewards you, or the more good things can happen to you.

So what about probabilities?

Take the lottery for example.

They say you have like a 1 in a million chance, well even less, to win it.
But, what if you take Karma as a factor that effects it.

The better person you are, the more the universe can reward you. Does this mean that you have a greater chance of winning the lottery if you are a completely selfless person, and put everyone before you?

So to put this into a questions,

Who has a greater chance of winning the lottery, Scrooge, or Ghandi?

Just thought i'd ask the wise minds at ATS for an opinion.

Love&Light

Jacob

[edit on 18/6/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It is more like,
You will attract things,people,situations,circumstances, that are of the same vibrational frequency as what you hold in your mind.

I have no doubt that one could manifest an extravigantly wealthy lifestyle for him/herself if that person were focused enough and lived their thought life according to the material life they wished to manifest but,
To specify "winning the lottery" is kind of limiting the universe as to all of the ways it could have manifested that lifestyle for you.

However I have no doubt that THAT could be done as well. It would take even more time and energy and focus. I believe that the more specific you get with the universe the more focus you will need.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

I admit, it would be unlikely, but i believe alot of things would have to be taken into account.

It could only be a tiny, minscule extra chance, but it still COULD effect it.

Love&Light

Jacob

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That's funny 'cause winning the lottery is something I've placed on my list of things I want to manifest, and it's high on the list. I'll be sure to let you know if it works.

We do live in a realm of infinite possibility, and so therefore anything is possible, and yes, I do think probability increases with "karma", although sometimes we even get things we don't always deserve, which is good, because then we have things to be grateful for. And we must remember the fable of Midas..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Haha okay, keep us posted.

True about things that we don't deserve, but that keeps us grateful.

Love&Light

Jacob

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There is no such thing as karma, look at how our leaders are real monsters.

The world is full of irony, not karma.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Kind of have to agree with you there, at one time I did actually believe in karma, but living in a world where rapists win the lottery from INSIDE prison, and the perfect lifestyles that the rich, greedy and evil people lead, it just completely changes my belief of karma.

Plus tryin to spend years and years of my life being a good guy, only to get bad news after bad news, I have developed a cynicism towards the 'do the right thing and good things will happen to you' way of thinking.

Not that i'm bitter or anything

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Jimbowsk]

join