It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EnCase Portable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I did a search for this and did not find it listed here at ATS. I hope I have it listed in the right forum. If it's not, please move it to the right forum here at ATS.
There is a new technology in use by Federal, state, and Local law enforcement called EnCase Portable, which runs on a USB drive, rather than a laptop. It runs a pre-configured data search and collection job. It's ease of use and ultra portability creates new possibilities in data collection. It allows even untrained personnel to forensically acquire whatever evidence the searcher is looking for with a few simple key strokes. It appears to be an updated version of the D.I.R.T.(Digital Interception by Remote Transmission software) used by Federal, State, and Local law enforcement agencies, which had to be surreptisiosly sent to the target computer from another computer. The uses for it are supposed to be used in legitimate cases involving the investigation of crime and terrorism, but like with other forms of technology, there is always the possibility that it could be used to keep tabs on people who legitimately dissent or who have differing opinions from the USG.

new topics

join