It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran 'mourning' rally proceeds without violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Tehran 'mourning' rally proceeds without violence

www.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Clad in black for mourning, Iranians took to the streets Thursday to protest last week's presidential vote and grieve for those who died in post-election violence.
Mir Hossein Moussavi addresses supporters Monday in Tehran, Iran. He's called for a massive march Thursday
Demonstrators started their rallies from mosques across the Iranian capital and planned to converge in a city square Thursday afternoon, for what is expected to be one of the largest protests
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It is is nice to see that the Iranians are standing up and protesting their governments crooked election. Just like George W. Bush's stolen election in 2004. I don't know what purpose this serves but whatever I like to see people fighting for their rights... The Irianian gov't needs change from its current regime...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My mother is Iranian, although I've never been there I'm rooting them on! they need to kick the supreme leader out before the country sees a real "change" in the presidential diplomacy... Iran's president is pretty much under the power of the supreme leader an the mullahs.

My mother has been on the phone with her parents which are hiding because of their religious beliefs(non-Muslim)They talk about the authorities who regularly come around their neighbourhood searching for non-Muslim and non-supporters of the government, they hang/execute you if you don't agree with them(sad fact)

new topics

join