It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Idea of why aliens make crop circles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I see a lot of people on ATS saying "Ohhh why would aliend write crap in out fields"

Now i want to say something.

Most of these crop circle designs are incredible, they are not the average circles and lines but incredible designs, including planets, maths geomatry!

Now any average joe could make a stupid plain circle in a field in the dark, but how do you expect people to do this is the middle of the night, with no lights, they wouldnt even be able to talk very loud, heck they can't even leave any evidence they where even there.

So this gives me the conclusion they are alien made, now let me point something out just because we use radios, it doesn't mean they use radios, just because we eat sliced bread doesn't mean they eat sliced bread.

People say the grays use telepathy, so in my mind (if it is the grays) all they do is convey there message in there mind and it appears in a crop field.

We don't know how the universe works, when we send our radio signals they might even appear as crop circles on the aliens planets (if they have crops).

People seem to think they know all about how the aliens work and what they would and wouldn't do.

To be honest nobody knows, not even me.

And please don't ask for my evidence because i have none, it's just my idea

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

becuase you dont know how people make crop circles then it musn't be possible? nice logic.

are you saying these people dont make crop circles? www.circlemakers.org...

did shredded wheat ask the aliens to make them one? www.circlemakers.org...

theres very little information in crop circles- only a few bits. Theres more information in a paragraph of english text than any circle ever created. Geometry was mastered by humans long long ago.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My suggestion. Set up video cameras around hot spots or potential spots where crop circles may appear filming 24/7.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
yeah, i must say some of the crop circles have amazing designs but some of them have also been man-made..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

So this gives me the conclusion they are alien made, now let me point something out just because we use radios, it doesn't mean they use radios, just because we eat sliced bread doesn't mean they eat sliced bread.

How do you deduce aliens from that information? At best, you can state (logically) that it's unknown. However, there is plenty of info out there on man-made crop circles. Yes, there are some anomalies, such as radiation detected in some, etc., but personally, I just don't feel there is enough missing information to make the leap of faith to an alien explanation....(especially as those other anomalies can be hoaxed).

And, as many state, there are far better ways to communicate, and it would stand to reason that beings capable of interstellar travel would be bright enough to use those other channels of communication vs. making designs in wheat.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
By using the OP's sense of logic I have come to the following conclusion:

Crop patterns are actually made by pixies and not aliens.

A space ship floating down in the middle the countryside would cause comment or even be seen, possibly by the farmer. Pixies can just dance out of the woods and would not be seen due to their small stature. Due to their low workload with shoes being made in Chinese sweat shops, they would have a lot of time on their hands and the crop circles could be a voice of protest from these fairy folk!

oh wait, it Elves that make shoes, Pixies dance around in circles, which could also work!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
We often think of crop-circles as prophecies. Often, they refer to the Mayan culture (2012). Maybe they want to warn us, or something

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There have been a number of circles that have been proven to be hoaxes or man made. BUT, there are also some that can not be explained due to:

No evidence of any presence(footprints things like that)
The complex geometry involving tangents and such that is perfectly displayed down to the cm.
The weird way in which the crop is seemed to be "heated" to bend rather than just pushed down with a board or something.
The shear size and volume of a circle done in between a window of a couple hours(documented).

I believe the thread is "Why aliens make crop circles". Well, IMO I believe these "symbols" to be some sort of communication, it may be for them, it may be for us to figure out, who knows.

While I can not say "what is" making these circles, I can safely say a small percentage 5% or so are genuine and can say "what is not" making them(Humans).

The way in which these genuine circles are heated to bend fascinates me. This can not be done with your average hoaxer in the allotted time and degree of difficulty.

OF course this is my opinion....and we all got'em

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
yeah seriously, i still have yet to understand or comprehend why there is a severe lack of cameras, satellite feeds, blimps passing by etc. whatever catching crop circles i nthe act, either by people themselves or actual aliens.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Firstly, let me say that I do believe in other forms of life out there somewhere, some of whom may well be visiting our little corner of this galaxy. Having said that I find it amazing to think people in this day and age can still say that because they don`t know how something is done, then it HAS to be aliens/fairies/bigfoot etc. I find it kinda insulting to the intelligence of the human race that we are not deemed capable of creating pretty patterns in fields of crops.
What purpose do these crop circles serve? Are they supposed to be messages for us poor stupid humans to try to grasp the concept of? Surely the all powerful aliens must know we are not bright enough to understand them and would be far better off with a more direct form of communication such as a letter, a tv or radio broadcast or even an ad in the newspapers. No?
Of course we could all be wrong and they really are made by alien graffiti artists on some intergalactic crime spree

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would love for it to be true - for crop circles to be the product of aliens trying to communicate with us.

And why do they use fields? Perhaps their analysis of us shows what the most common and basic food blocks are in the majority of our food, which often is wheat. So if they make these symbols in large fields where we grow this food, we're more likely to notice them because we'd be harvesting the food from the fields. Of course you need to be airborn to see the images so who knows what they're thinking in that case..

But I think that's just very wishful deduction and mostly bunk - there's no basis to any of what i just said.

In all honesty, any race that is that far advanced and wanted to alert us to any imminent dangers to our planet, or just wanted to communicate with us openly, would logically opt for a far less subtle form of communication and not so easily open to misinterpretation.

Like, I dunno.. landing in a public spot? Having several craft sit a few hundred feet above a city flashing lights at us, playing a sombre mix of "alternative-house" music? Or subverting our communications to broadcast continual images/symbols/patterns?

Something, anything other than patterns in fields that no one can agree on. How incredibly callous of them is that??

[edit on 18-6-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
To be honest nobody knows, not even me.

then don't make any conclusions.

if you think it's aliens doing it and humans covering up that...

then what's keeping you from thinking that it's actually humans making them with advanced technology.. hoping you think that it's aliens with humans covering it up?

perfect bait for people to say "oooh it's aliens" when things that look like aliens come.

the ultimate deception.. when you're tired and hungry and your planet is made to be dead.. you'll believe anything.. even the lie behind the lie.

-

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I'm guessing you're a city dweller.

1 It's perfectly possible to see at night in the UK on the right nights in summer. We are so far north (on a latitude with Labrador, Canada) that for several weeks of the year it never gets truly dark. Throw in a new moon and you can drive down wooded country lanes without lights at 2 in the morning. I know, I've done it many times. Coming from the UK you should know that. Get out into the country, it's a beautiful place and worth the trip.

2Why can't the crop circle makers make a noise? The nearest habitation is miles away. Are the field mice going to call the cops? I suppose they are ears of wheat...(farmer joke)

3Footprints don't get left in dry crop fields, they would have to be wet and crop free for that to happen. Even then, in the areas they appear we have hard soils. Footprints just wouldn't be left. It's Wiltshire, not CSI.

4What evidence are you thinking they would leave? Dropping their driving license? What evidence did you leave last time you walked down the street? That's all these people are doing, just walking.

To the poster who wonders why there are no camera's watching the fields I have to say that it is for the same reason that the fields in Nebraska or New South Wales or Shenjzu don't have CCTV crawling all over them. Farmers, as a rule, don't cover their entire estate with CCTV, mainly because it is both expensive and pointless.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Why do aliens make crop circles in fields?
I dont know what message they are sending, and I don't try to act like I even understand the message they send, but I do know why they place it in crop fields.
If you want to get your message across, you do it where you know people will look. Our crops are our food, food is important to us because it sustains us. So they place the message in our food fields.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

If they want to do it where people look they'd do it on TV. Far more people look at that than your average field. If it wasn't for the, admitedly, spectacular designs no one would be looking at the fields at all. They travel half way across the galaxy and create spectacular, if indecipherable, messages for us but can't work out we are a race of TV addicts? Sorry, can't see that myself.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

Overlord, your average shopping mall contains complex geometry, that doesn't mean it was made by aliens. Pythagorus wrote a lot about complex geometry several thousand years ago in Greece and as far as I'm aware, he wasn't an alien. He certainly never said so if he was. As for footprints, see my earlier post.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Billy t Hill

Evidence...There have been well documented cases of circles appearing after storms or rain, which if they were made from the ground, would leave some kind of print or such in the muddy ground.

Case book

Another slide showed "the biggest and most elaborate, the Katherine Wheel, 878 feet in diameter with 409 circles ranging from 70 feet to 4 feet in diameter. They just appeared after a night of rain." Again, in southern England.

I do not deny that humans can make these nor do I claim that aliens are making them.

Just looking at well documented cases, with the evidence at hand, shows that a normal Joe shmo with a string and board are not going to accomplish such feats.

Billy....yes complex geometry is found all over. I am speaking from first hand experience. I do not believe you know what you are talking about. I work in construction for over 10 years and have built many building with complex geometry. It takes a lot of surveying and layout to get angles and perpendiculars correct. Let alone tangents spread out over 200-300-400 feet. It is not possible to have these perfect geometric shapes with a rope or string. You have to get out some type of transit, set it up(in the ground for stability-same with lasers,but yet no evidence ) and have a guy on the opposite end coordinating your layout. Having experience in laying out large geometries takes a lot of time to do accurately. Then throw in, in the middle of the night, after rain,no trace of anybody being there, in some cases in a few hours, and you got a solid disprove theory.

To just simply say" O any guy can do that and not leave a trace "is completely wrong.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Overload]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

No, they would not leave prints, even after a storm. The ground is not muddy, it is covered in crop. Do you realise how dense the stem clusters of the crops are on the ground? Add a hard soil and you need more weight than most humans have to leave an impression. Cow's might stand a chance but you'd need a few of them to compress through the storks. And a night of what type of rain? Simply saying 'it turned up, it had rained' is not evidence of anything other than that it's there and it rained. That tells us nothing usefull. Even the heaviest storm in a fully cropped field is not going to create conditions for people to leave footprints.

Did it occour to you that these fields are not stripped? If you visit you are walking on the crop, not the earth. There is no possibility that footprints will be left. If you doubt me feel free to visit a wet cornfield sometime and try to walk normally and leave a print.

What evidence says Joe Shmo and a board can't do it? Personal experience tells me this Joe Shmo can (not as a fake, just to see if it could be done and yes, I did have permission). Have you ever tried? It's not hard. The more complex glyphs are going to take a lot more organisation than even this Joe Shmo and a board is prepared to do but it doesn't take aliens and you don't leave footprints. Now that's a fact, as yet I've seen precious few of those here but plenty of opinions from people who only ever see corn on the barbeque.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Who says they use spaceships?

People who think they are made by landing spacecraft are still thinking in the 80's, im trying to say maybe some are telepathic messages sent across space, or the aliens way of sending radio signals.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If you can't get these tangents with a rope or string, what do you call a plumb line?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join