It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

Impactor? Could you explain that and why a deep impactor would be less than a bomb? Also does the military call them impactors when they send them into wartorn neighborhoods? I'm curious what this term means.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Why does NASA love to blow up things when they don't fully understand something??? Didn't these geniuses ignite a nuclear bomb into the Van Allen belt making it thousands of times more lethal?

And now since they don't understand that much about the moon, hell let's ignite more bombs and see what happens?! Who are these "geniuses?" And why do we constantly support such careless tactics??

Amazing but not too surprised!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by shadow_D]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
God created the Earth as a playground for humans. We have peace, violence, rubbish and treasures. But we're prohitbited to destroy or harm other planets.

Don't forget the angels are watching. God is always ready to call it game over for any "out of this world" sinners.

hahhahahhahhahhahhahhahhahahhahahhahhahhhahhahhha.....

...and this person is serious

ahhahhahhhahhahhhahhahhahhahahhhahhaaa...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_D

And now since they don't understand that much about the moon, hell let's ignite more bombs and see what happens?! Who are these "geniuses?" And why do we constantly support such careless tactics??

These really ARE the questions aren't they?

The people who are making choices -
Where did these "self-appointed geniuses come from?
Who made them the boss of us?
Making choices that put everyone at risk.
Why are they in this postition?

We are watching our world be run being run by people
with beans for brains...
and all we can do is watch.

It's the worst possible scenario -
for a critical thinker and someone who really would like to survive -

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Impactor? Could you explain that and why a deep impactor would be less than a bomb? Also does the military call them impactors when they send them into wartorn neighborhoods? I'm curious what this term means.

I didn't say that an impactor would be less than a bomb. I just said that there aren't any explosives being launched.

As far as explosive force I'd say an impactor might carry more energy than a typical 1000 LB bomb. F=MA ~ Force = Mass X Acceleration. A large mass moving very fast can create a lot of energy.

As for impactors being used in war torn neighborhoods, I haven't paid too much attention to the particular wording used. I'd say that if it was a typical bomb that it might impact in a particular place but the word impactor would probably be reserved for a bomb such as a bunker buster. It doesn't explode on impact. It uses kinetic energy to penetrate the ground/concrete and explodes once it comes into a room.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

maybe when they bomb it, its inner core will be soft and it will crack the moon in half. if so then the moon will come falling down on earth. doomsday by the hands of mad scientists.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow_D

Didn't these geniuses ignite a nuclear bomb into the Van Allen belt making it thousands of times more lethal?

Short answer -- NO!!!

Really, where do you guys come up with this rubbish???

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamerman
I find it strange that NASA are "allowed" to do this. I mean, do they have ownership of the Moon?

The DOE didn't have the ownership of Bikini Atoll but they bombed it.

Anyone can do just about anything in International waters. I'm pretty sure space & the Moon fall under the same idea as International waters.

One more thing, who's going to tell us NO? North Korea?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
well i love this site but everything of the "out of ordinary" that was suppose to happen ....haznt so i'm not holding my breath no pun intended

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Apparently we're planning on going back there......presumably to see how much damage we've done!

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Spacecraft are on their way to the moon atop the same Atlas V rocket, although they will use vastly different methods to study the lunar environment. LRO will go into orbit around the moon, turning its suite of instruments towards the moon for thorough studies. The spacecraft also will be looking for potential landing sites for astronauts.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

This is genuinely one of the oddest threads I've ever read. The Moon is a dead lifeless rock. Blow that puppy up and make sure the debris heads away from us.

Now to the important news. What about these bugs living in that girls eye? Are they an endangered species and should they be protected?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ok ok.. but there not nervous about disrupting our tidal sequences, they must know that the oceans create our electro magnetic field. They are probably rocket delivering equipment for the apocalyptic hologram... they are probably planning on airing the stupidbowl on an atmospheric screen simulating a large semi helical screen.. just to test the broadcasting..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
First off, the impact won't be taking place till October so don't get your telescopes out tonite.

Secondly, the moon will not explode, crack, or suffer any noticeable ill effects. This is simply a kinectic impact with no other explosives being used. The moon has been pelted by objects much larger than this, both man made and natural, and will continue for a long time to come.

This sounds like a perfectly acceptable method for testing the soil and minerals for future manned missions. I'm glad to hear the mission is off to a success.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
After reading some of the replies on this thread, I no longer wonder why politicians and TPTB keep secrets from the general public.

Also, I'm pretty sure this has been covered already, but just in case:

LRO will reach the moon on Tuesday at 5:43 a.m.

LCROSS and the Centaur rocket will stay attached for the next four months. They will then separate and be directed to impact the moon on Oct. 9, UTC.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Great! So are why we, or should I say NASA, going to war with the moon for? What did the moon do to us to deserve such an action?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pudgeego
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

maybe when they bomb it, its inner core will be soft and it will crack the moon in half. if so then the moon will come falling down on earth. doomsday by the hands of mad scientists.

Yeah because the Moon is made out of a giant piece of cheese right? Well isnt that what your grandma told you too?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

This idea would be a very "BAD' mistake!

Perhaps the timing of their newest idea fits in perfectly for this time.

~Good Lord~

It's almost as stupid as trying to create a miniature sun in a "so called" contained and controlled environment.

These morons that keep planning all these intense God like (creation by destruction) scientific experiments must be a few cards short of a full deck if you know what I mean = or maybe they know exactly what they are doing!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
anyone other than me worried if this will affect the gravitations between the moon and the earth?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Seriously???

I mean, are you serious?

Answer = NO!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
After reading some of the replies on this thread, I no longer wonder why politicians and TPTB keep secrets from the general public.

Very well stated and some of the responses in here are the perfect example as to why I don't tell anyone that I even visit this site.
It is my secret vice.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join