It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turns out that the moon is hollow and this thing punches right through and out of the other side?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Onward amd Upward in the continuance of stupid human tricks.
The moon - is not ours to hit.
Will we finally be satisfied when we destroy that too?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I find it strange that NASA are "allowed" to do this. I mean, do they have ownership of the Moon?

Anyway, very interesting

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Here's the official link to the mission site complete with countdown to impact ticker.

LCROSS

The impact is not scheduled to happen for 111 days.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by slicely]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Nice. Weapons in space. I have a feeling the missile will be stopped by "space debris or ice particles" before it even reaches the moon. What a great way to represent humanity.

"Hi, we're humans. We like to blow ourselves up and now we blow up other planets".

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turns out that the moon is hollow and this thing punches right through and out of the other side?

There is actually a book by Jim Mars - I think called - (?) Alien Agenda
that talks about the "other" times they hit the moon.
And the way that it sounded - kind of an echo like sound -
(if I remember correctly) suggested that it COULD be hollow.
It's a stupid idea - really stupid.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

Thanks for the link.

~~

NASA update for the mission (since launch today) on NASA TV public channel at
8 pm EDT.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

if there are aliens up there the dumb yanks just sparked a galactic incident!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I do the same with my Prophetic and past life dreams write them down in diaries

anyways i think that sounds to much like the film "Time Machine" perhaps you watched it and it came to your mind randomly

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I do the exact same with my Prophetic Dreams and Past life dreams, writing them down in journals

however it sounds like your mind playing the film "Time Machine" over and over ^^

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

They destroy the "plant" then they have just declared war on an alien race... i hope NASA arent THAT stupid

besides the picture of the thing is about the size of a car and it contains 1.6 million names on a microchip and is to be dropped before impact, i don't think it's a bomb just a very fast and very strong device designed to disturb the moon surface for the dust clouds.. or it's a cover to drop supplies for the Moonbase

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Nah noway I don't this should be allowed happen! this sounds moronic and we should protest!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

What war? if there was a war raging in our sector of the galaxy we would see it

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In my own lack of knowledge, I didn't realize we (and others) have been already smacking the moon a number of times in the past. Thank you to the people supplying the posts on this info. Apparently, it's 'open season' on the moon, and anyone who wants to can take pop shots at it.

I don't suppose there is any chance of an existing "bill of limitations" along with a "clean up your own mess" document pertaining to the moon?... so what happens to all the human # we are hitting it with?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is a little of topic but interesting none the less!

Nearby Star May Be Getting Ready to Explode

The nearby, well-known and very bright star may soon explode in a supernova, according to data released by U.C. Berkeley researchers Tuesday.

www.foxnews.com...

Hmmm a good dose of gamma radiation gives me that healthy green glow!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

haahhaha that made me laugh sorry

the moon is scarred for eternity with millions of asteroid hits, this Earth is heaven compared to that place!

where are the huge craters made by man and war? the constant barrage of asteroids hitting.. simple there is none if you don't see the beauty that this Earth really is you need to get out and explore more!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well maybe a UFO will intervene, zap it and save the moon from getting hit, which will then create disclosure onto what actually happened...hmmm...so maybe it could be a good thing!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3916b561c497.jpg[/atsimg]

OK, Here's The FACTS

The mission isn't launching any explosives. The "bomb" they are sending to the moon is just an impactor. The spent second stage of the rocket will be used.

LCROSS also uses the spent second stage of the Atlas rocket, the Centaur, as an SUV-sized kinetic impactor– something that has never been done before-to excavate a small crater in the bottom of a permanently shadowed lunar crater.

The date and time of the impact may not have been chosen yet. In fact it doesn't look like they've even chosen the crater they're going to crash the Centaur rocket into. They're going to use the instruments they've launched to inspect the moon and choose the best site. All they know for sure right now is that the crater will be in the Southern pole.

Target Crater: The current target location is a permanently shadowed crater near the south pole. Final determination of the target crater will be announced 30 days before impact. The target’s pole is determined at launch. Observation Campaign: Professional and amateur astronomers are working with the LCROSS science

Both quotes come from the NASA press kit for the mission.
LRO/LCROSS Press Kit

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Trying to wake up the space station i think!

NASA are immature little insects who will only awaken something more powerful than every nation on this Earth combined... be kinda funny if it fires lasers and destroys NASA HQ..

OR they are bombing the "Moon Nazi's!" check out the upcoming film "Iron Sky" to see what i mean

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
My gosh, people!!!!

Really, the level of insipidness is astonishing.

When does school start again????

Folks, things have been crashing into the Moon for billions of years!!!

The darned Japanese just intentionally crashed the SELENE orbiter last week!

The Apollo missions crashed spent parts, when no longer needed.

NO!! The Moon will NOT 'blow up'!!!!

(I blame schlock Science Fiction, like "Star Wars", for the poor state of understanding of things scientific...)

EDIT for LazyGuy: Finally!! An adult, with good info! Thanks.

[edit on 6/18/0909 by weedwhacker]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join