It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioChemMatt
So the country im living in is preparing to launch a missle that will orbit the earth for months? How is this not a violation of somesort? I am sure the missle will pass over many territories that do not belong to the USA.

All they need is the ok from the countries that it will pass over.

Don't quote me on that though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
reply to post by Kevin_X1

This has been in the pipeline for some time, it's not the first time I've heard of this. As far as I understand it they are going to fire a projectile into the moon, about the size of a washing machine, and then another craft will capute data of what is thrown out into the atmosphere.

Official story is that they want to test for water, although I'm not sure many on here will believe that! Either way, the launch is today so hold on to your hats, should be interesting to see what comes back!

>> I'm going to vote for; I believe NASA is trying to do real science with bombarding the moon.

It's really, really important to find water if they plan to have a moon base. If they don't find any -- then some NEO or Rock in space rich with elements may be better.

Knowing exactly when and where an strike is going to hit the moon, will allow them to take seismic readings, see how it changes the rock, and measure the debris field around. It just seems like a very useful test to make.

If they are trying to "cover something up." Then likely, there are high resolution photographs of the area already -- it's either seen or unseen already. So an underground bunker?

If we have gotten this sci-fi, then it still makes no sense. Nobody is visiting the moon to find such and underground bunker. It would be a better idea to take the bunker away from whoever is there and use it -- being that bunkers are probably in short supply on the moon -- but of course I'm guessing.

>> This site is for speculating, but I have to wonder why people bother with some of these speculations, when there are so many real, actual issues that are impacting our lives.

Anyway, just my two cents. It is at least an exercise for the mind to figure out other reasons to bombard the moon -- but I am not coming up with any that make sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Awesome. Can't wait to see this in my 10" dob.

hopefully they warn the aliens in advance, it could be taken as a hostile act.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
hate cloudy days...seen a whole 3 seconds of it going from one cloud into another cloud...bah.

Anyhow, good luck bombing the moon...show those moon moles who is master of the solar system!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That's bizarre. I just re-watched '2001: A Space Odyssey' a couple of days ago...maybe they found the Monolith and are trying to excavate it

Anyway, interesting news, thanks for posting this.

TA

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

www.nasa.gov

hope it's not gonna drop down on us.....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This sound like the government test firing a new secret weapon under the guise of science.

Its called Rods from God
en.wikipedia.org...
oliverprobert.wordpress.com...
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2006/03/12/INGS6HID5A1.DTL
www.commondreams.org.../views05/0531-26.htm

The most compelling rationale for Rods from God is the perceived need to be able to "take out" a rogue nation's deep underground facilities, Where illicit nuclear weapons development might be going on. IE North Korea, Iran.

Rods from God would be the ultimate replacement for nuclear weapons.
they could cause the same levels of damage as a nuke without radioactive fallout.

but for any weapons system you need to test the system.

This is the perfect way to test part of the system by punching holes in the moon and claiming its a scientific project.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I just thought of a wild idea of what they could be doing...ok, follow me on this.
They are sending these two satellites up to remap the moon, and going to slam something into said moon to check the dust that flies up for ice for their 2020 missions.

I know...wild...see, they only want you to think that they are bombing the secret alien soulsuckers and this is the first attempt to pierce the outer hull of the big spaceship deathstar moon..when in reality, behind the scenes, they are doing science

am I off my rocker here...I know the most reasonable explanation is intergalactic war...but hey...I tend to think differently..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Big deal, they have already done this long ago see......

Seriously though, they are probably firing at an alien base or something. Yet another squabble that is masked as a step towards our ever-increasing technological ascension which never seems to ascend. how long haven they been working on that space station up there now....with our enemies? You'd think they would be finished by now.....should be a large city up there by now. Nice that we are up there working like nice folks with our enemies on a common project though. I know that's what I have always done with my enemies. I feel like want to fight them, yet I think I'll go and build a house with them instead. How stupid do they think we are anyway? BTW, the Shuttle is how old???? Just what has it been shuttling all these years and to the completion of nothing. That's a lot of tax payers dollars for seemingly nothing really worth getting done up there. I have been watching the shuttles since the 80's and all I hear is about this same Russian/American space station. Now they are going to shoot a rocket at the moon to see if there's water? Why not send more men up there. We did it once right? RIGHT? What has kept us from going back all these years. We conquer the moon, plant a flag, but we have to shoot at it to see if it springs water? By now we should have all kinds of (at least) labs and initial starting buildings up there. Who knows what they are really shooting a rocket up there for. It`s not water, I can bet ya that.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry I never read this thread though this may have been considered: How much weight needs to be emliminated from the moon before there is a noticeable difference in the tides here on earth? I highly doubt this is the case, but it seems that removing sections of the moon could cause a calming effect on the weather here on earth.

We have a very cloudy sky right now so I can't see anything. It is supposed to be cloudy tonight too. Hopefully someone else gets some pics/videos of this.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok, lets cut the small talk. What day and time will the impact occur? I'm going to see if the local university will allow me to use one of their telescopes

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Funny thing is CNN is my homepage and when I opened up my browser I seen
NASA sends orbiter on way to explore the moon and had to do a double take I thought it said NASA sends orbiter on way to explode the moon.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
God created the Earth as a playground for humans. We have peace, violence, rubbish and treasures. But we're prohitbited to destroy or harm other planets.

Don't forget the angels are watching. God is always ready to call it game over for any "out of this world" sinners.

according to "your kind", he's ready to call it game over pretty soon anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

I guess them boys and girls over at NASA never saw the remake of the Time Machine. Didn't turn out too good when they did it there. I half wonder sometimes if real scientists ever actually pay attention to the moral stories underlying most science fiction. Like a fella said: Just because you CAN do a thing, doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing.

Chrono

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/818d6aa6b5c9.jpg[/atsimg]

The mission has been launched.
NASA

Launch Success Thu, 18 Jun 2009 04:38:46 PM MDT

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter launched at 5:32 p.m. EDT aboard an Atlas V rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. The satellite will relay more information about the lunar environment than any other previous mission to the moon.

The orbiter, known as LRO, separated from the Atlas V rocket carrying it and a companion mission, the Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite. The LCROSS handoff is expected to occur in about two hours and 10 minutes

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

That would make perfect sense as to why Japan has done the same thing...twice!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I am confident about NASA. I wrote a haiku in their praise:

NASA is the source of science,
While Kool-aid
Refreshes

and another one

Dead floats "Hubble"
"Atlantis" arrives
To replace the screw

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hmmm... this 'science' conspiracy you speak of intrigues me. Do you mean to tell me that before building a lunar base they are using unmanned craft to do a site survey and check for necessary resources? That's crazy!

Surely it is to fire a rocket into one of the secret cave entrances to blow up the zetan nuclear fission reactors!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hm. Re: this missile flying over other countries....I don't think it will be low enough to be considered legally in anyone's "air space", or no-fly zones or anything like that. It will be out of our atmosphere, I imagine.
There's all kinds of things orbiting up there, from many nations.

Also, if it is to hit the dark side of the moon, then visually we won't be able to see anything, unless they send camera's to orbit the moon to record it.
I bet they will. Maybe we will get to see the footage when it happens.

Hey, come on! There's a chance here I could be right!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
WHO GIVES NASA THE RIGHT TO DO THIS??!!! Is it really necessary? I agree with "HAZELNUT" that they are probably going to do this, not to "find" water molecules but to destroy something else up there....So, Sad

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join