It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa prepares to bomb the moon

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
when did it happen, the ETA is passed and i cant see the moon, havent been able to see it all night, did they blow it up, did anyone see it?
did anyone see anything? did anyone get video/pictures? WTF???

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Guys, don't get all worked up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to NASA youu won't be seeing any debris in the air for a few months.

LCROSS, on the other hand, will guide an empty upper stage on a collision course with a permanently shaded crater in an effort to kick up evidence of water at the moon's poles. LCROSS itself will also impact the lunar surface during its course of study.

LCROSS and the Centaur rocket will stay attached for the next four months. They will then separate and be directed to impact the moon on Oct. 9, UTC.

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by 1 4M 7H3 1]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

I'm laughing so hard I can hardley type this.
You made my day...........lol
It would serve them right if it did!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
that's just the ptb beating its chest at would-be-new-interlopers; they're prepared to blow up the planet if they interfere; stay away...we got here first

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
NASA website states it wont crash into the moon til oct 9 :
:

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You know i was thinkin, If there is a "Alien Moon Base" up there and we go bomb it, wouldn't that make the aliens want to attack us?

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

This story angers me so much, I don't know what to do. I mean, seriously.

It's bad enough that we think we have the right to pollute our oceans, rivers, and streams. It's bad enough that we think we have the right to do nuclear testing on island atolls and southwestern deserts. It's bad enough that we think we have the right to litter the space around earth with all our space junk.

But now...in addition to that....we now think we have the right to bomb the moon.

Great, just freaking great. Humanity has sunk to a new low. Our country has sunk to a new low.

Why do we think we have the right to do this??? What on earth do we think gives us the right to test weapons on the MOON, for Christ's sake?? What's next? Mars? Saturn? Jupiter??

Not to mention, moon is essential for earth's survival. There are many theorists out there who think that the moon could be hollow, like a geode. If we go bombing the moon to see what happens, what if we knock a hole in it, and send it outside of it's normal orbit? Our tides change...our gravity changes....everything on earth would be affected.

Not only is it unethical, but it's potentially suicide.

I wish another alien race would come down here and tell us to knock it off already. This is insanity.

NO WEAPONS TESTING ON THE MOON!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If this is such a great cost effective way of testing for water why didnt we do the same for mars?

I still dont agree with this happening to our moon,that has over the history of the earth inspired great works of art and deeper thinking.

To me it just feels wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
The timing is no accident. Kinetic weapons are the weapons of the future. Rumsfelds long term plans are space drones in orbit that can land, refuel, reload, and fly for months in orbit waiting to be assigned a target.

From a 2007 National Defense Magazine article

Just like the Air Force, the Army and the CIA, the Navy soon could be deploying its own armed drones.

To that end, the Navy will request funds in fiscal year 2010 to begin outfitting its new surveillance drone with kinetic weapons.

They are obviously planning to kill us all.

I'm serious. What else are those for?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think it's just NASA covering it's own arse!They know there's plenty water on the moon! It's just a public propergander exercise.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I read Jim Marrs's book. Supposedly we were warned off the moon and Apollo 13 was disabled by the aliens. They didn't like us setting off seismic charges up there.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
They missed!!!

Object crashes into mountain, explodes

An unidentified flying object was seen crashing into a mountain in central Queensland this morning.

According to the The Courier Mail newspaper, witnesses saw "a bright flash and explosion" leading to speculation it could have been a meteorite or space junk.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

More on the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The title is seriously misleading, by saying that I mean no ill directed towards the OP.

To put it simple:
1.They are not dropping an explosive device ie: "bomb" on the moon. Let's get that straight first and foremost. This is a kinetic "impact" from an object, nothing more. It's kinda like throwing a rock at a very large concrete wall versus throwing a hand grenade at that same wall. The latter is explosive, and will deliver larger damage... while the rock (think mass and velocity here) will most likely disrupt the area of impact on a small scale. I hate to go into a physics lesson here, so anyway... you all get what I'm sayin' I hope.

2.This isn't happening tonight guys and gals... the craft is being launched tonight as far as I am aware, and will take several months to get into orbital position above the moon. Please don't panic if you wake up in the middle of the night, and can't fin d the moon. It's probably still there. It's too early in the game to be staying up all night watching for something.

What it is?
Probably a test, of some form. I would venture as far as to say, it could be a defense related test of kinetic weapons. Or it could be what they say... a simple "drop a washing machine sized" thing on the moon, and have an eye in the sky (orbiter) look at the piles of data from the ensuing test.

The other option that comes to mind, while wearing my shiny boonie hat is this:
Maybe there is more than just the "eye in the sky" for this test, and I will leave that statement vague just because I have no proof. Entertain if you will, for a brief moment:

If the moon is, as some say hollow... you know the whole "ringing like a bell" thing.
So you strategically place a satellite above it, ready and waiting to glean some info... maybe even turn some of the "ground ears" to the sky for a while. Asteroid strikes on the surface might be commonplace on the surface of the moon but the difference here is this time.... we can push the button at a specific time. Catch my drift? The other idea might be, to see how such impacts could modify the lunar body (in small ways) and directly effect the delicate interaction the moon has with the earth. Kinda like throwing a rock into a pool of water and watching the ripples go out. So NASA picks a strategic drop site (notice how I say strategic) and does the deed. Effectively killing three birds with one stone.

I surmise that this object will impact within a lowland crater.. Ohh... 4 birds, the last one for target acquisition over vast expanses and time delay.

Just an idea of course, so take it as you will and remember this is just a test.... nothing more.

SNF
T-9

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So the question in my eyes is this. Do they know theres water in it....or asume there is due to the whole Tiamat theory that it was once part of earth. Or is there something there......and they want to destroy it....like in the whole Deathstar theory.....if so.....ATTENTION UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT AND NASA I can do this! It'll be just like shootin wamprats back home!

WolfmanJ

[edit on 19-6-2009 by WolfmanJ]

[edit on 19-6-2009 by WolfmanJ]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by Viper0hr
ok, now what happens if this throws the moon out of earths grav. pull???? That's not a good idea...Why not send people there and drill? It's right outside our door pretty much.

OMG, what if!!!!!! let's send people with a drill... I think the problem is we don't have extension cords long enough to plug the drill.

Seriously, do you know how heavy the moon is compared to the projectile? this is like having a fly smack on the windshield of a semi. the driver won't even notice.

-rrr

Your point is well taken, but if you use masses of the fly (15mg) versus the truck (80,000 pounds), and compare that to the masses of the washing machine (200 lbs) versus the moon (7.36 x 10^22 kg), the fly is about 14 billion times more massive relative to the semi, when compared to the washing machine relative to the moon.

But my point is that even after accounting for the velocities, the impact on the moon is actually not about the same as the fly hitting a semi, it's way less than that!

And why call it a bomb in the original post title? There's no bomb, it's just a crash landing, right?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
edit: duplicate post deleted

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Can't they just simulate it by firing something into a big block of cheese?

Maybe that one the Canadians made years ago, the Mammoth Cheddar, will be big enough? It took the milk of more than 10,000 cows...

Rew

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

AH, yes, the "Ol' we're gonna blow up an Alien base on the moon but tell you it's a weapon test for orbital kinetic weapons instead, even though we could do it on Earth somewhere in a Desert but hopefully you won't figure this out" trick.

(holding thumb and forefinger an inch apart) Missed it by that much.

Wow we sure can't think anything else would be going on now could we. Say goodbye to that Alien vessel crashlanded on the moon. Now the Chinese can't have it. Ha ha. Silly chinese.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Fordew, I read a book a few years back, scifi, called Moonfall about an intergalactic comet that smashes into the Moon right after we get done building a nice big moonbase. The story continued on about how we prevented the huge monster chunks of Moon from destroying all life on the planet, there was massive destruction and the description of the comet hitting at astronomical speed and shattering the moon was really awesome. I think Jack McDevitt was the author. Fun book, scary to say the least. Oh and it was interesting to see how he reconciled the Moon/Tidal connection and what was left over orbiting the earth.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join