It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Approval Rating Slips On Worries About Jobs, Deficit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Can I put this here?

Let me ask , when?

When does our government do anything quickly?

apnews.myway.com...
Democrats to push through banking overhaul quickly

[edit on 113030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

No, the tip off should have been that BOTH McCain and Obama were FOR the bailouts. If McCain would have been elected, we would still be in bad shape. We would just have Republican stimulus spending. Don't forget, it was a republican who was in office for the bank bailouts.

yes and remember,

Bush Called For Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac 17 Times in 2008 Alone... Dems Ignored Warnings

beltwayblips.dailyradar.com...

Top Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

1. Dodd, Christopher J
S
D-CT
$133,900

2. Kerry, John
S
D-MA
$111,000

3. Obama, Barack
S
D-IL
$105,849

4. Clinton, Hillary
S
D-NY
$75,550

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Is not doubt about it, Obama spending spree and big government is not a good way to show that he cares about the nation and the tax payer.

I admit I fell for obama just many others.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah, I'm gonna need nausea medicine whenever I hear Obama speak anymore. He's pushing for more power to the Fed Cartel, when we had someone with open eyes who wanted to disband them. Oh, what was his name... You know, the guy that's been warning us for almost the last 10 years, and been RIGHT. Yeah, why listen to him.

If only...

[edit on 6/18/2009 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

At least you admit to it Marg. That's more than I can say for some. Those rose-colored glasses must be super-glued on for the ones that still approve of him and what he's doing.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

No, the tip off should have been that BOTH McCain and Obama were FOR the bailouts. If McCain would have been elected, we would still be in bad shape. We would just have Republican stimulus spending. Don't forget, it was a republican who was in office for the bank bailouts.

yes and remember,

Bush Called For Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac 17 Times in 2008 Alone... Dems Ignored Warnings

beltwayblips.dailyradar.com...

Top Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

1. Dodd, Christopher J
S
D-CT
$133,900

2. Kerry, John
S
D-MA
$111,000

3. Obama, Barack
S
D-IL
$105,849

4. Clinton, Hillary
S
D-NY
$75,550

Thanks for bringing this up....it just keeps getting pushed back under the rug and it is in black and white and video.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Honestly though, Obama has access to stats and figures we do NOT have. Why in the world do you really believe your own government would cause a huge economic depression just to kill off it's own people? Is that really something fun to think about? Sure, yes, it would work....

But how seriously probable is it that the government is doing all this economic stuff to plot your demise?

Yes Obama is another of the elites, just like McLame. And Bush, and all of them. But they still have American families and friends..... Unless they all flee the country, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

The world is in bad shape, and some people here really assume some pretty bad stuff.

Honestly, I did too. Until years later, the armageddons people saw coming never came. And I realized THE PEOPLE want stupid politics as usual. Nothing can cause them to change. We are a few truth-seekers, a few tiny drops in a massive ocean.........

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeannaHolland

"a few tiny drops in a massive ocean"

That's all we are to most of the policticians in D.C. They're not planning our demise (though I'm pretty sure that's what the outcome will be), they're planning our lives. You see, they're arrogant enough to think that they know what's best for us.

We don't want "stupid politics". We suffer because of that very thing.

One other thing, we don't assume pretty bad stuff. We're being slapped in the face with it every day.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland
Why the difference in approval ratings? He has been president for only a few months, and was given a collapsing economy. Job losses were expected by most of us, no matter who won presidency.

No offense, but the American people are rather ignorant if they go on to blame their every woe on a man that is doing the best he can with what he was given.

Agreed!

It's so childish, the way everyone is blaming him.

It's only been 5 months. Give him a year. YES, A YEAR.

Because in Economics, something exists called "time lag". The policy one implements will not have visible impact until at least a year, especially with an economy as big as America's.

No one here blames Bush for what he did, passing laws to prevent large companies like AIG from getting annual checks on their budgets and thus allowing greed and corruption to take over.

Because you're all Republicans.

And that's a fact.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

He has done a lot of things that have hurt the economy well past what he inherited. How long do we give him, 1 year? 2, 4?

One year would be fine, yes. One year to do all the things and for the EFFECTS to start rolling in.

Time lag, yes.

And by the way, looking at all the responses so far, I realized all those who bash Obama are all Republicans.

I see no one bashing Bush or the problems he started in the FIRST place. Or is it because they occurred at the end of his 4-yr term that you can let him off the "blame game"?

If you're a Democrat and you find Obama useless, i want to hear from you.

I daresay no one.

Fact of the matter is, you want your McCain to get through. You're lambasting Obama constantly and recurrently. The 5% that dropped their support are probably Undecideds who voted for Bush in 2000.

So, is it the "distrust of the government" that causes you to hate Obama, or is it Obama that causes you to distrust the government?

Surprising, that the list of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae payout peeps should include Democrats. I know there are lists on other banks and insurance groups, most of all BoA and AIG who pay out Republicans on a daily basis.

I would daresay I'm fair. If given one year, the economy still hasnt improved, I'm dropping my support of him too.

But now? 5 months? Come on, it's ridiculous. You don't SNAP your fingers and BAM! Things change. You don't expect to elect a President promising change and expect HIM to snap his faingers and BAM! Change.

It's ridiculously childish. Obama's not a genie. The economy is not a pipe system which works at superhigh speeds. It is slow. America's economy takes take to recover.

And besides, Obama has OTHER problems on his plate as well. Or have you not heard about North Korea? Hostage situation of TWO OF OUR OWN AMERICANS? How about H1N1? Pharmaceutical profiteering? Have you heard about other Dems wanting to "pare back subsidies for healthcare?"

And ALSO, it's horrifying none of you point to HIS CABINET. Really, Kathleen Sebelius has been dreadful so far. Her role as Secretary of Health and Human Services has been nothing but ineffective.

So lay off the man.

Goodness.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Mr Obama's learning the ropes as to when and when-not to stay out of the camera light.

But seems to me, he learns quick. He's terribly concerned with American's well being. From the New Born, to the active US Soldier.

Decoy

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I am sorry to say that we all should be aware and very scare of the way Mr. Obama is going.

Remember what other president in the history of this nation has committed 1.8 Trillion dollars in just 5 months of his presidency. Now 1 more trillion to start his health care reform.

Remember what other president beside Bush as increased government at the pace that Obama is doing within only 5 months of is presidency.

Now if that is not enough to make everybody think about what will be of this nation in another year then we are truly in trouble as the American people keeps believing that presidents are at not fault of what they do in their terms.

Obama is turning into a runaway train.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I can't believe his approval rating is still that high.
The koolaid should have worn off by now.
Reality isn't sinking in with the American public.

Originally posted by LeeannaHolland
the American people are rather ignorant if they go on to blame their every woe on a man that is doing the best he can with what he was given.

What is ignorant is to give Barry a free pass when in fact he's made a bad situation WORSE. If this is him giving his best, then God help us all.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He still have a high rating because he is now selling the health care reform bill but he is misguiding the people into believing that everybody will have free health care.

That is a lie, the health care that is the one he is selling is the one modeled by Democratic Senators Edward Kennedy and Chris Dodd, this health care is to force businesses to give health care to people mandatory.

Still the people that has not jobs under this health care will not be covered and still the tax payer will have to shed more than $62,000 in the period of 10 years, that for somebody that lives pay check to pay check is quite princely.

As the American people keeps getting older its going to be more demand and still not enough money to support the long term cost of this bill.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Originally posted by Anjin

He has done a lot of things that have hurt the economy well past what he inherited. How long do we give him, 1 year? 2, 4?

One year would be fine, yes. One year to do all the things and for the EFFECTS to start rolling in.

Time lag, yes.

And by the way, looking at all the responses so far, I realized all those who bash Obama are all Republicans.

I see no one bashing Bush or the problems he started in the FIRST place. Or is it because they occurred at the end of his 4-yr term that you can let him off the "blame game"?

If you're a Democrat and you find Obama useless, i want to hear from you.

I daresay no one.

Fact of the matter is, you want your McCain to get through. You're lambasting Obama constantly and recurrently. The 5% that dropped their support are probably Undecideds who voted for Bush in 2000.

So, is it the "distrust of the government" that causes you to hate Obama, or is it Obama that causes you to distrust the government?

Surprising, that the list of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae payout peeps should include Democrats. I know there are lists on other banks and insurance groups, most of all BoA and AIG who pay out Republicans on a daily basis.

I voted for Obama. I now realize that was a mistake. Also, I'm a life long Democrat - now a former Democrat. I live in a liberal blue state, and know many people who voted for Obama, who now regret it. Most voters are not HACKS - and they will not stick up for someone no matter what he does. Fans of Obama will, but the one's judging his policy decisions will not.

Third party vote for me, next time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join