It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Exam Calls Protests 'Low-Level Terrorism,' Angering Activists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Pentagon Exam Calls Protests 'Low-Level Terrorism,' Angering Activists

www.foxnews.com

The written exam, given as part of Department of Defense employees’ routine training, includes a multiple-choice question that asks:

“Which of the following is an example of low-level terrorism?”

— Attacking the Pentagon

— IEDs

— Hate crimes against racial groups

— Protests

The correct answer, according to the exam, is "Protests."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
So protests are low-level terrorism according to the DOD?

Its currently unknown if this question on the exam is a new one or one that has been around for awhile. So, it cannot be said with any certainty it is the result of one administration or the other.

However, it does offer a chilling peek into government views on dissent.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
someone made this one already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
someone made this one already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

meh, I dont really care since this topic may take a different turn.

So anyone who went to the tea party really was being labled a terrorist? Someone was lying about being sorry for using that term.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I am not in the least suprised by this. I found out a couple of years ago that I am considered a terrorist, I was shocked! Many years ago my pshycotic ex boyfriend was stalking me, I had moved, changed numbers, got a different car, ect, in an attempt to be safe. He found me, and called in a false report, he paid a girl to swear that I had pulled a knife on her, and held it to her son's throat. I was sitting in my kitchen having dinner with my husband when the door was kicked in, and I was thrown into the floor, hog tied with little plastic locks like what go on a garbage bag, taken to jail and held for 3 days before a bond was set, then I was released on bond. The girl that he paid to do this though, got a taste of his pshycotic side, and decided before court date to tell the truth. She went to the judge and faced perjury charges, but told the truth, she didn't know me, never met me, the 'incident' never happened, and she could not even identify me. I thought that was it.

A couple of years ago I had to get a criminal background as part of a lease on our new house, and lo and behold it listed me as being charged with terrorist acts and activities, then I found out this places me on a list of known terrorists. I pitched a fit, but there is nothing I can do about it. Apparently 'they' don't care that I was innocent, only that I have been charged.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well, this is par for the course. While bush became dictator in cheif, the republicans cheered it on. Now that these naive poor bastards have a black man in charge, suddenly it's not so fun to have an unaccountable tyranny running the show, slowly turning the most powerful military in history against its own people.

But that's what you get for playing party politics, and not standing up for what's right. Worshiping the man instead of the policies.

Hope we all learned something.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I feel sorry for you, my sympathies

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchdog-Finland

Thank you Watchdog, I appreciate that sentiment.

The whole idea of a list of known terrorists should be those people who are actually a threat to public safety and society. Not folks like me, I am not a terrorist, I am a gentle person, I am a giving person, I would not harm anyone unless I was protecting myself or family, and it would take a dire situation to even do that. I know other people who are on the list, for stupid domestic situations, that have nothing whatsoever to do with national security. It is a worthless list.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by Frogs

I am not in the least suprised by this. I found out a couple of years ago that I am considered a terrorist, I was shocked! Many years ago my pshycotic ex boyfriend was stalking me, I had moved, changed numbers, got a different car, ect, in an attempt to be safe. He found me, and called in a false report, he paid a girl to swear that I had pulled a knife on her, and held it to her son's throat. I was sitting in my kitchen having dinner with my husband when the door was kicked in, and I was thrown into the floor, hog tied with little plastic locks like what go on a garbage bag, taken to jail and held for 3 days before a bond was set, then I was released on bond. The girl that he paid to do this though, got a taste of his pshycotic side, and decided before court date to tell the truth. She went to the judge and faced perjury charges, but told the truth, she didn't know me, never met me, the 'incident' never happened, and she could not even identify me. I thought that was it.

A couple of years ago I had to get a criminal background as part of a lease on our new house, and lo and behold it listed me as being charged with terrorist acts and activities, then I found out this places me on a list of known terrorists. I pitched a fit, but there is nothing I can do about it. Apparently 'they' don't care that I was innocent, only that I have been charged.

I am going through a similar set of hoops, your post really was encouraging for me. Thanks!

top topics

join