It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My skin smells like burnt skin when scratched, something's wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I live in a warm, and humid, tropical country, but my skin is ridiculously dry. I think this started to happen in my teens.

When I scratch it, it's like ashes flying off in random directions and it smells like burnt skin or simply burnt biomatter. Other than that, it looks normal, and heals normally when cut, it's also tough from cuts and getting punctured. It doesn't feel itchy too. It's normal in most respects

But it does give a strange sensation, I feel like I'm exposed to radiant heat all the time!! I feel warm even if it's cold (So I really love the cold and hate heat!), it does go away in very cold temperatures though. My skin is also warm to the touch all the time, warmer than all people I know, that's when someone hugs me they think I'm sick with fever because I'm always hot.

So there, anyone familiar with this condition? Should it be taken cared of?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Beside your trusty medical professional, check your environment to make sure you aren't regularly in the path of a microwave relay or something. That could come from towers or boats with sonar on them. Drink more water, eat more bananas (potassium) add some palm or olive oil or coconut to your diet and rub olive oil on your skin. That's what I would do for starters.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Oddly enough these are symptoms of sunburn but, as I'm sure you know, they are accompanied with painful skin and red burnt areas or blisters in extreme cases. Sunburn also has a short cycle ie you spend a day in the sun, display your symptoms then get better... it's almost like you have permanent sunburn but this is virtually impossible because your skin would adapt to the consitions.

Sounds odd but you don't work or spend time with any sort of material or substance that could be on/under your skin? Chances are anything like this would wash of though.

Anyway, as always ring the Doc and see what the crack is.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks to both your response!

@Reelview. I'm already doing what you're advising, lots and lots of water actually, I drink a lot more than an average person and two bananas a day. But I haven't seen a doctor yet. No strong microwave source in sight except the Oven. But I am the only one with these 'skin problem' in the house and in the work environment I have.

@and14263. I think you know more about this than me! Yes it feels like a milder version of sunburn but I hardly go under the sun these days. I could still get a tan under the Sun though and not suffer more sunburn than others who did the same as me.

But I used to be regularly exposed to low level soft X-rays though, radiowaves, and some weak EMP(electromagnetic pulse) when I was in my teens and less frequently now when I had to work with High voltage electricity. That was a decade ago. I went for years without these exposures at one time and still had the same sensation. I doubt that this is skin cancer because it's all over my skin!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Are you on any medications or "natural" supplements?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Being outside alot will cause this. Doesn't matter if you are directly in the sun or not.

I went on a 2000 mile road trip on my bike a couple of months ago and my skin on my arm still smells as if it is burnt. The funny thing is that there was a heavy overcast the whole time.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You are about to spontaneously combust. read up on the condition. sorry my friend. id start using sunblock religiously

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
You are about to spontaneously combust. read up on the condition. sorry my friend. id start using sunblock religiously

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Oh great, my pathetic life is about to end!
Yeah, sometimes even without scratching, my skin and my fingers sometimes smell like burnt paper.

@mhinsey, no I don't take such.

Anyway, I now remember watching it on Ripley's Believe it or not. They featured a woman that's ridiculously sensitive to electronic devices, TV''s cellphones, microwave ovens. I suspect, devices that emit microwaves. That's an extreme case, maybe not in my case. I always keep a cellphone on my pocket, and it doesn't 'burn' that part of the skin near it any more than others.

Am I perhaps demonstrating too much sensitivity even to normal light??

join