It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Turkey.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well, tonight i've been drinking and smokin (cigs mind you).

I've decided, that I'm going to quit cold turkey, now I set the date to the 27th.

But really when's the best time to start, NOW, so right now, i've drunk my last beer, and smoked my last cig.

I've stopped I hid them all, in very hard to go places.

If anyone has any tips i'm strong willed, and would like to stop if even for a week, i'm goin to stop.

Now I want to make my life very healthy, what are the best foods, drinks, etc.

I know it'll be tough, but i'm not an alcoholic so I don't have to worry about the severe withdrawals, but I'm a bit of a chain smoker
. eek I know, bad breathe, I use scope.

What's the best advice you can give, I need it.

I'll wake up tomorrow read these, and start this expirement, i'm hoping for a week long thing, I will update, but hopefully it's a forever thing, but for reasoning, i'm going for a week. Just a week.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Good luck my man. My advice would be two things.

1. Dont hide the stuff throw it away, burn it, etc...
2. Dont quit cigs just yet. Doing one at a time is much easier in my experience.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
ok stumbled, i'm on my third day now! so far so good.

second line. the third one is the edit

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
hey pal,

good to hear your improving.

im gonna tell youmy past experience with quitting cigarettes.

it was last Novermber..

i quit cold turkey just as you did...

What really helped...i decided on a gift i was going to make to myself with the money i was going to gain not buying cigarettes..i really wanted a new video card badly..so i said the 1st month without smoking i'm gonna buy it..

The 1st Week without smoking is the hardest...i felt also physical pain and kinda got a very bad cold...apart from physical withdrawl symptoms i couldnt manage to program my day well..like what im gonna do after eating..after work...after sex...whilst watching TV...i didnt imagine another lifestyle possible without smoking.

IMO..there's no need to discard from the cigarettes..throwing or burning them....my girlfriend used to smoke whilst i was quitting..even my collegues at work..so i faced the challenge of seeing cigarettes around everyday..i kept on thinking about my video card.

After the 1st couple of days, when the physical pain ended i was really sleeping very well, and start enjoying a clean mouth and tounge..i was tasting food more...benefited also from a fresh breath whole day round....and being more productive at work.

I did 3 months without smoking but than telling you the truth i had some problems and restarted smoking

But I know now i can do it..and im just awaiting the next wave to help me out..you know..something that gives you an extra push to help your will.

Thank You (P.S.) i got my video card 9800 GTS X2 and it rocks...better than smoke in the lungs for sure

new topics

top topics

join