It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Beats War Drum as Iran Dumps the Dollar

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

U.S. Beats War Drum as Iran Dumps the Dollar

www.politicallore.co m

The seemingly ever escalating rhetoric against Iran by U.S. officials took another step forward today. A senior military official leaked to the press plans to publicly reveal the evidence of weapons caches found in Iraq which can be directly traced back to Iran.
(...)
It is some economic analyst’s belief that Saddam Hussein’s decision to switch from accepting the dollar to accepting the euro in 2000 was one of the significant developments that transformed opinions in Washington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
the only way US has left is war. it is not the consumption market anymore, it is not a producer anymore, it is not an investor anymore (and I am last to be happy about it) - but it is still a military power.

after what happened yesterday ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ), as Brasil, Iran, China, Russia, India and others decided to trade without the dollar and create the new world order, it is clear that dollar is going to die soon.

China is going to sell the US bonds they have instead of buying and it is going to make US bankrupt. no one will borrow anymore knowing that you can not pay back. dollar can be printed for some time but sooner or later it is going to cause a superinflation and this will be the end. not possible? Roman empire has collapsed the same way - read in links below:

enews.tufts.edu...
philobiblon.co.uk...

there is just one way out and that is war. war can change a lot as the WWII did. the crises will be over as it was.

WWIII is coming - or US are out of bussiness. what would you choose?

www.politicallore.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-6-2009 by czacza1]

[edit on 18/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If america decide's to have another phoney war then i believe that will be the end of america.

attitude's have changed for the worse concerning the USA, If people are banding together to drop your dollar you WILL go bankrupt, You might try and fight another war but your troops are spread thinly as it is.

I wouldnt like to see the outcome of a WW3 in this day and age with all the crazy technology people have these days, Worst thing about it right or wrong my little country will be right there with you

America cant fight the world whenever it wants and not expect backlash,good look if you want to fight russia or china! ill be running for the hills if that ever happens

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reading

America cant fight the world whenever it wants and not expect backlash,good look if you want to fight russia or china! ill be running for the hills if that ever happens

What we should do immediately is to stop sending billions of dollars in foreign aid. You know, since America is now nothing more than a military power. Oh and also, we will let other countries fight there own battles for once.

Yeah, America is finished.

Don't call us. We'll call you.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

I am sure that there are still better chances for US to survive and win the war than to come out from that coming economic collapse. do not get me wrong, I am not supporting the war itself but this is the reality.

and surely some guys over there has the same opinion. we will see pretty soon anyway. they can not wait too long. IMO this is max 3-6 months period we can except the new war. mark my words.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

What we should do immediately is to stop sending billions of dollars in foreign aid. You know, since America is now nothing more than a military power. Oh and also, we will let other countries fight there own battles for once.

If only. The day the American Government stops meddling in world affairs is the day we might actually see proper democratic elections (Iran, Venezuala, etc) rather than CIA-fixed ones.

Remember, the "billions of dollars of aid" are literally just made up out of nothing.

Originally posted by Night WatchmanYeah, America is finished.

If only, again. Pleeeeease God, let me be free of the banal American culture that so pervades the West these days. I wish America would take an isolationist policy seriously to heart.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Yeah, America is finished.

Yes please stop sending billions o virtual aid money in exchange for all the lucrative contracts and deals that you get out of this in return . Lol do You think "rebuilding a country" is cheap? The USA makes billions on contracts for rebuilding cities , roads , infrastructure (construction companies) , even more $$ in weapon trafficking (those poor countries have to be able to defend themselves from all those ugly terrorists ..right ?...riiight
) , oh and lets not forget all those pharmaceutical companies that make billions out of medical aids provided within those countries..

I am not even going to go into oil and other natural resources that the US get almost for free , for trying to secure democracy (rofl) in those poor countries .

So yea pls stop sending aid anywhere and we will see how independent the USA really is .

Face it you have NOTHING to export , nothing of value that the Chinese dont have cheaper .

The only thing the USA was good for was the illusion that it is the power that holds "peace" arround the world . That was your "product" that you "exported" . That was the sole basis on which the USD was holding itself, but well you ruined it with the recent war on terror . You are no longer viewed as the "protector" of peace arround the world thus negating the real worth of the USD..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Yes, America should bail out bring all its troops home and to hell with everybody else. Ungrateful hypocrites. Next time your in trouble, call the Chinese, see if they bail you out!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
reply to post by Thill

Yes, America should bail out bring all its troops home and to hell with everybody else. Ungrateful hypocrites. Next time your in trouble, call the Chinese, see if they bail you out!

I hate to say this, but just who exactly is in trouble that 'needs' American troops so badly?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

"If only" were the exact same words I thought too when I read that post.

+1

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Yes but it wasn't until 2008 when they open their oil bourse that they stop accepting dollars for the purchase of their oil.

When Iraq planned to do the same they got invaded, but Iran been smarter waited until US was up to its neck in Iraq and Afghanistan to do their deed.

What was the response of the US, rather than war they created an enemy number one status for Iran and imposed sanctions on anyone that was to do business with Iran.

But China, Japan and Russia slap the US in the face and refuse to stop doing business, until this day Iran still sells oil in Japanese and Russian currency and still sell to China and Japan.

Now they even have their new created alliance with South American nations and Asian developing nations call the BRIC and US is not even invited.

The irony.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
We can expect another staged terrorist attack within 1 year ... WHY?

September 14th 2000 - Saddam Hussein dumped US dollar in foreign trade
Iraq Stopped Using US Dollar in Foreign Trade

September 11th 2001 - 911 struck. First Afganistan, then Iraq was invaded. US forces swiftly secured Iraqi oil fields and restored trading to greenback.

It will be the most stupid thing to attack Iran directly. But I'm sure the American war lords have better plan.

(1) Man-made plague over Europe, China or Arab countries. Thousands or millions may die.
(2) Nuclear explosion somewhere, terrorist country blamed.
(3) Unveil new world currency to the delight of China and Europe. Initial pegging to US dollar before phasing out.

Any of the above scenarios will improve US dollar.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

As do I. It's time that the rest of the world became grownups and fended for themselves.

Good luck with that. We'll enjoy watching you try to figure out how to wipe your own collective asses for a change.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
reply to post by Thill

Heh this is what I dont get about you people . Do You honestly think USA is the only country that can secure peace around the world
?

Might I remind You that about 300-400 years ago USA did not exist (or do you think that "on the first day God created The States..."
?) , but as You know (or at least should know) the know civilization does exist much longer than that , and somehow they managed to avoid total destruction .

A few hundred years ago that mighty empire that supposedly keeps terror and the whole league of bad gentlemen at bay was inhabited by people that did not know what "pants" are (no offense to any native American as I have the up most respect for You , just trying to make a point here)

Even thou I respect the USA for what they did in the WWII (they even helped out my country here and there) , it does not mean it is the one and only country that deserves to wage global war against anybody and everybody it pleases just because it feels like it.

I know that allot (if not most) of the citizens of this country have been indoctrinated into believing that are above the rest just because they live in the states but that is not the case. I salute the rulers of the US (both parties
)because they managed to create an army of robots blind to anything that is out of the boundaries of their states with some awesome display of propaganda.

You do know that 3/4 of your life has been on credit , right ? riiight
You see that is why the economy of the states is collapsing (among other thing , but this is one of the major factors). People had everything from cars to socks on credit . It was made so easy to get credit for anything that people did not bother to even consider if they will be able to pay up , naaah , why ?

"Give them everything they want for a normal life , let them have their beloved car and their x-box with a flat 42 inch plasma , add a house as a bonus .. how are they going to pay ? nah just give it on credit . In exchange for that they will do anything they are told without question.. Ahh just remember to make a specialized system of education so that we can create highly specialized drones "(ask a US chemist anything about chemistry and he will recite from memory ... ask him who Mozart was and he will tell you he is fairly sure he was a painter or somebody famous... Let me ask You , how many out of 10 US citizens if asked would show me where Afghanistan or Iran is on the map?. )

But this is not Your fault , this is the way this society was supposed to be build, and it is highly effective on a country wide scale. The problem is , the ones governing You did not anticipate the utter failure of Your recent war , and with that the collapse of You own economy , which was based on myth

Economy crisis happens , people cant pay credits , thus the credit market collapses , thus people start loosing everything they had because , well because none of it was really theirs.

And now , well now the USA has to show that they are needed in the world , but how ?They have nothing to export , their car industry collapsed , they do not have any natural resources that they can spare because its a damn big country and You need everything you have , You do not have any new tech that the Japanese don't have , so what is left ? well WAR is left as You have spend SO much money on the war fund that this is Your only export product that You can spare , but You see the rest of the world is tired of preemptive war because the last one didn't go as well as it was supposed to.

Tell me looking at today , what is the difference between today and 7 years ago ? .. Nothing , the "terrorists"are still at large , nothing has been gained from this (unless you count allot of happy generals that could try out new toys ) but You still want to wager another war with another country that might or might not be the enemy. I see that Vietnam and the recent war on terror did not teach you allot did it ?

And You can add me to your foes list if that is what you like (you know who you are
) , I am just expressing my view on the whole matter.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Thill]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
please have a look on the 1 minute speech from Dennis Kucinich, here is a link:
www.globalresearch.ca...

from the speech:

"Pretty soon that's going to be about the only thing made in America. War."

yeah....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Heh this is what I dont get about you people . Do You honestly think USA is the only country that can secure peace around the world
?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Thill]

No we don't think that. Unfortunately the rest of the world has seemed to think that was the case since you come running like scared little girls to the US when you are threatened. If the EU grows a collective set of balls and begins to handle it's own affairs, we will be more than happy to stay home.

Seriously, many of us do not want to waste another cent of our hard earned money protecting a collection of weak countries who are too afraid to take care of their own difficult business.

We have already given too much in terms of money and, more importantly, human life for the rest of the world. I'd just as soon we stay to ourselves and let the world know that we won't bother you and if you come after us your homeland will be a sheet of nothingness.

Screw the rest of the ungrateful world.

EDIT - And I see you are from Poland? You wouldn't exist if not for my country. You'd be a Russian citizen. As I said, the world is full of ungrateful bastards. I hope the next time your country is invaded you can finally manage to defend yourselves.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yep, bankrupt the US. It's the only way to rein in those madmen!!!

I have a question. How much does China export to the US? How many billions of dollars in junk do we buy from them?

Now, the US is bankrupt. We don't have two pennies to rub together.

Who's going to buy that junk now? Europe? Probably some, but not all of it. Africa? Yeah, right. A fair amount of African nations are starving; I don't see them looking for a Tevo anytime in the near future.

So, the Chinese are going to be having a fair surplus of workers with nothing to do. Factories out of business, the whole nine yards.

Bankrupting the US and destroying us economically wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. It would hurt everyone.

And for the posters that are whining about US aid and whatnot. Do a search on ATS. Remember Myanmar and the cyclone that hit them? Posters on ATS were freaking and geeking, screaming that the US needs to do something, even if it violated Myanmar's airspace and sovereignty. The same posters that complain about the US going into Iraq.

And those that think that other countries can secure peace around the world? Probably there are some, but don't you think that also comes with a pricetag? I'm sure that the Soviets wanted something in return; I'm sure the Chinese would, too. Don't think it's all free.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wonder if war with Iran will finally open the eyes of the last remaining Obama followers out there and set us up for some real change. Not this swapping one authoritarian for another crap. Or will, they just bite their tongues and train themselves to believe "this is a good thing"?

Regardless, I'm all for watching the world burn.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just for future reference...

I have NOTHING against people from "Poland" or from China or any other country around the planet. It's the people who decide to bring war into the lives of the people who make up those countries that I have a problem with. Including the S.O.B.'s in the U.S. army that think it's fun to blow things up. And yes, I am from the U.S. I agree that U.S. should get their nose out of everyone else's business. I love my country, but for the love of god...how many wars do we have to fight before the world realizes death and destruction is NOT the answer? I will not send my two beautiful children to war so they can be blown to bits...over what? paper and oil? I'm sorry but to hell with that. I love my country, but I love my family MORE.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
It's the people who decide to bring war into the lives of the people who make up those countries that I have a problem with. Including the S.O.B.'s in the U.S. army that think it's fun to blow things up.

It might be important for you to remember that those, "S.O.B.s in the US Army," are the ones who are called on to protect that family that you love so much.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join