It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Russian Involvement in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
From an Iranian website in Farsi translated by a friend and states the following:

"The military coup d'etat by Khamenei and Ahmadinejad to ensure that the regime leaders stayed in power with Ahmadinejad as president after the election was taken under advisement from the Russian Kremlin. Advise included how to rig the election, military coups & faking votes. Unconfirmed and no reports of who in the Kremlin was involved."

I'll post the link later when I've spoken to my friend, if confirmed I'll add it to breaking alternative news section with source.

Now why am I not surprised if this is true! Putin is one of the expert (with Khamenei) at lying and pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. Well, still not good enough as their lies are broken down piece by piece, and evidence has been released today of how the election results were faked.

How far does Russia's involvement go in this? We know that they support Ahmadinejad after the sham election, they announced this the other day (so did China). Russia has interests in having the anti-western leaders running Iran, their nuclear projects to antagonise the west in particularly the USA and UK. We know Russian scientists are involved at nuclear facilities, and we know Iran has plenty of oil. Will this lead to them bolstering support, possibly with their own thugs to add to the mix, which I'm sure they would call peacekeepers again. Or will they be sensible and stay out of this.

What would the American response be if Russia or maybe even China were found to be doing more than supporting Ahmadinejad in more ways than diplomatic words, and the occassional sale of old and used stash of weapons and missiles? Would Obama continue to stay out of Iranian matters, or would he change to harsher rhetoric, or even more direct action?

Would just selling advanced anti-aircraft missiles to Iran by Russia cause Israel/USA/UK to press for a direct response. So far Russia has been restrained by diplomacy not to sell anything too advanced to Iran.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sources please.
A friend of the neighbor's mailman's ex wife who just happens to speak Farsi needs to be backed up a bit more with credible sources.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADMIN X
Sources please.
A friend of the neighbor's mailman's ex wife who just happens to speak Farsi needs to be backed up a bit more with credible sources.

are you saying that a friend of the neighbor's mailman's ex wife is not a credible and trustworthy source??

what more would you ask for?

so picky

ya i want a better source too, at least a link to the website?

edit to add: wouldnt the neighbor's mailman be your mailman?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

new topics

join