It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Do people really believe you will vaporize if you touch the Arc and go blind if you look at it?

It's just a wooden box with some gold to make it look pretty and a pair of rocks inside. OOOH WATCH OUT!

And the 10 commandments?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

It would seem to me that the Ark has remained hidden so well because of the number of replicas. I wonder if that has been the plan. Excellent thread. Star and Flag

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There as a "Quest" type of TV program that presented Ethiopia as a destination for the ark. Maybe 15 years ago? Would be nice if it contains a good simple recipe for white powdered gold.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
great moment for historians, believers and conspiracy nuts. i'm curious how well it's made considering it has god's words and power within it...
maybe also a ZPE, plasma/static canon, hyperspace radio, and a shield generator

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I seen it and many have as well.. it occasionally flies in the night sky! *drum roll* Its a UFO! The arc is a space craft from long ago. Disclosure is around the corner!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

The "copies" are not in fact copies of the true ark at all. From what I recall from the Sign and the Seal by Hancock (great book) they are more like tablets with a cloth or "tabernacle" covering them to represent the ark.

There will be no trouble knowing which is the genuine ark

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You know what always struck me as Bull [snip] about the Arc being in Ethiopia? The fact that Ethiopia is such a dirt poor and jacked up country.

I mean cmon, Apparently the Arc contained the power of god within it. We are to believe that a country with the power of god has so many starving people? We are to believe that they have such an immense tool, that by the way only one dude can look into, only if he has some weird breast plate with a bunch of gemstones on it.

I don't buy it, I think this is a marketing ploy to try and get people to travel to Ethiopia on vacation.

They loose Sally Struthers and so they were sitting around starving thinking, [snip] what do we do now? Piracy? No Somalia has that cornered, Email Scams? Nope, Nigeria has that one. [snip] what do we do?

I got it, let's worship a box with rocks in it! We will tell people we have the most important box with rocks in it on Earth and they will come from all over to see it, of course we won't let them see the REAL box with rocks in it, cause that's our holy box with rocks in it, they can look at fake boxes with rocks in them.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Some basic questions...

How do you know that what will be shown is the real one???
(just because they say so doesn't cut it.)

Why show it now???

Will we be show the contents???

Super interesting, but I won't hold my breath that it's true.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Let me get this straight......they say that anyone who looks at this thing is stricken blind and the one guy that guards it is a blind dude that apparently took a peek yet there are 30,000 replicas floating around. Assuming that it really is some sort of device that can blind people, I think it's safe to say that you'll be able to tell which one is real unless the guy that made the first copy had a photographic memory and got a really good look before his eyes melted out of his head.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by brackforce

It's apparently ok to look at the box with rocks in it, but you can't look inside the box with rocks in it or you will go blind, die, burst into flames, become Madiline Albright, something to that effect.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

The jewish name "Cohen" or "Cohan" is a traditional name of the Levites, as is the last name "Levi." (Please, no bad jokes about genes and jeans.)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Whether or not is it real is in the eye of the beholder.

*If this is to be true and beside the fact that it would be the most important artifact of antiquity that has ever been found, I fear it would bring nothing but trouble.

I am a huge fan of history and nothing would excite me more for this to be true. However think of the implications.

Israel would demand the return of its most sacred artifact. Moreover their would be a push of monumental proportions to take down the Dome of the rock and rebuild the temple.

The political implications of this are staggering. Jews and Right Wing Rapture Christians will push for this to happen and inevitably excite some to do some really radical things.

The Arc served it purpose and to have it in a muesum would be great, however I fear that it won't be left to that.

Even if it is a copy, as long as their are many people who believe it is real...than it is real.

Great thread and I thank the author.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Tradition and reality are two different things. All of the Hebrew tribes with the exception of the tribe of Judah were victims of the diaspora when the Northern Kingdom was invaded. The remaining remnants (Benjaminites and half of the Levites) in the Southern Kingdom were absorbed into the tribe of Judah. There may be descendants, but they are not traditionally Levite or Benjaminite. The names may be there, but the genetic and traditional history has been diluted.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
I have known of this story for a long time and often wondered if it were true. It is very intriguing to say the least that there is the possibility the ark of the covenant still exists. I have seen a few stories done on this and i am of mixed feelings about it.

Some say the ark was not made of solid gold but rather of wood overlayed in gold as this would have been the most common materials available to the jews of that time. A item made of wood most certainly would not have survived the centuries. Of course if you are to believe the magical properties the ark holds as having the ability to level cities and mountains and such then who knows i suppose it could survive anything.

If the ark truly was taken by Menelek to ethiopia and has been there all this time then i agree that Israel is going to want it back. It has long been held as a theory that one of the signs of the end times will be the rebuilding of the Temple and the return of the ark to it.

Keep in mind the ark was never allowed to be looked upon but by certain people and even the area it was kept in was not allowed to be entered by gentiles. No it will most certainly NOT be allowed to be tested by anyone except someone from the jewish community in israel who can qualify it as authentic. It wont go through a media circus and be paraded around on TV. It was and will be kept hidden and away from prying eyes.

I doubt you will hear anymore on this seriously except what people have been hearing forever and thats more theories and speculations based upon the shroud of mystery always surrounding it. I do agree with something i read online called the sign and the seal where the author states that it is odd that the ark just came up missing without so much as a song or lamentation from the jewish people in writting as to its dissapearance. That is extremely odd to me and i had never before thought of it this way. The jews have tons of stories concerning their history such as their captivity in babylon and the destruction of jerusalem at the hands of invaders etc etc yet there is nothing more ever written about the greatest religious artifact to them they ever had. Thats really odd.

Seems to me to be a conspiracy here somewhere lol

[edit on 18-6-2009 by fizzy1]

What do you mean "want it back?"?
it's NOT Israel's own to have...

they are NOT the children of G-d,

they would probably burn if they ever touch the real ark of the covenant,
as any other gentile.

Read these links and educate yourself...if anything this belongs in the possession
of the children of Israel, read these links and understand what ISRAEL I'm talking about,
not the money-hoarding self-proclaimed Jews.

www.authenticjews.com

www.hebrewisraelites.org

www.angelfire.com...

www.israelitechat.com...

I'm not suprised so many false groups would want the ark of the covenant.

www.israelitechat.com...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I saw a show on the history channel about this just a few days ago. Most of the stories have no historical basis. So who knows if it real or not. And if its been known for so long where its at, and a blind guys guards it, you would think there would have been attempts made to steal it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Really? Do you really believe that it is? wow! this is exciting!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well if it is real...and not a hoax.
I will be in church that day they prove it's real lol

I haven't stepped foot in a church in 25 year's.
I tell my wife i am afraid the church roof will cave in if i did go .lol

I fear mankind is in revelation's to be honest.
Way to much seem's familiar so to speak.

I have read the bible many many time's...Yet i am semi-atheist.
I just don't know and want proof is my problem.

If it is real Let me ask the question....Will Muslim claim it and go radical on us yet again?

[edit on 18-6-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Alink, please to the study that found the shroud to be real?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I mean cmon, Apparently the Arc contained the power of god within it. We are to believe that a country with the power of god has so many starving people?

You know... it actually makes a LOT of sense if you consider that that god just might be fictitious.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I saw an older documentary, on History Channel I believe, that covered the Ark and it's being in Ethiopia. Well, the end result was that the "Ark" was actually an old drum, granted, it was a really old drum, but it wasn't what we're all thinking it is. The show went on to explain how the Ark is really this old drum and it's in Ethiopia even though they didn't allow the guy to actually see it, he had to watch a tape of them handling it in some warehouse (no, not that warehouse).

I'm thinking it would be fairly easy to identify the Ark as it's described quite well in the Bible as far as I remember. I seem to remember it looking much like it does in Indiana Jones, with the Seraphim (?) both facing inwards etc etc.

I think I can feel safe guaranteeing you that this is not the Ark you think it is. The "Ark" would have to be thousands of years old, I doubt the wood would be anything but dust by now.

However, if you do think this is the real "Ark" then I've got some pieces of the True Cross to sell you, real cheap too.

Lets face it, the relic trade was big business for a long time, it goes back thousands of years. People selling the hair of Mithras, the Nails of the Cross, the Tears of Mary. I've personally seen "Mary Magdelin's Tooth" in person. Many churches would claim some type of relic to give them prominence and attract visitors (read tourists), just look at how well it works for the "Shroud of Turin", just an old fake that people still worship.

If you need physical proof of your religion's accuracy then I suggest finding a religion you do believe in.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join