It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

No Jim, the shroud of Turin is actually Jaques De Molay's, impression and NOT Jesus the Christ! Molay, the last grand master of the Knights Templar, was crucified in a similar manner to how Jesus supposedly was, yet was kept clinging to life and actually nursed back to health in order to be tried by the inquistion.
The church paid the fee of 2 castle estates to the Savoy family whom had possession of the shroud.
Interstingly the church had shown another shroud before the shroud of Turin, this was named 'A Veronica'.
As the story goes, a woman named Veronica, gave Jesus her handkercheif to wipe his sweaty brow, en route, during his laborious walk, carrying the cross on his back.
The 'Veronica' had a smudge across it, which was supposedly the Holy-imprint left behind after Jesus wiped his brow! the vatican displayed this 'Veronica' for years until it came into possession of the Turin Shroud.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Can't help but to think of Ron Wyatt when I see stories like this....money making scheme most likely in this day and age sadly.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I too have researched the Ark of the covenant and two relevant verses of the O.T. concerning why little was written about the Ark and its constuction Jer. 3: 16
16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the Lord, they shall say no more, The aark of the covenant of the Lord: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.
Heb. 9: 4
4 Which had the golden censer, and the aark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden bpot that had manna, and cAaron’s rod that budded, and the dtables of the covenant;
All of these were powerful magical instruments....The Ark is thought to have the properties of a large capacitor. You might consider the Ark and its contents as God's toolbox. It seems that these people who claim to possess the Ark have a rather cavalier attitude toward the sanctity of the artifact. The High Priest and the ordinary priests do not conform to the uniform dictated for them to wear when serving the presence. There is much more but I don't want to preach to the choir.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Very interesting, will be following this very closely to see if anything comes out of it. If anyone wants more information on the Ark there is a link below with a nice collaboration of posts from many members regarding theories and speculation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lets hope there's some truth in this.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I suppose, in today's world, proportionately, millions should die for violating it's sanctity....don't you think?

No. I don't think anybody should die. I think people should reassess the reasoning for devoting their lives and supposedly immortal souls a creator god which seems to take such pleasure and delight in torturing his followers, wanton acts of genocide, and mass murder.

WTF... and this child is where people say they get their moral authority from?

I would think the creator of the universe would be a bit more rational and less prone to fits of INCREDIBLE HULK GOD SMASH PUNY HUMANS FOR TOUCHING HIS SPECIAL BOX RWAR! Further... if the creator of the universe didn't want us opening a box... we.... wouldn't open it. There would be no point or offense in "testing" god... it just wouldn't happen. We couldn't if we tried.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Well this sounds like a comlpete load of BS to me, if anything the way it reads, it sounds more like a Nigerian Scam. The only thing missing is a request for large sums of money to be deposited in an account, in order to secure place for "specially chosen" individuals at a "once in a lifetime" press confrence which will be cancelled or postponed due to spiritual dilemma .

Many decent investigators have had a good nose around Axum, yes indeed the ethiopians have "claimed " they have the ark locked away in a little room for years and guarded by an old geezer who has been there all his life.

By all accounts the Ethiopians have nothing but a box and some stones a great deal of their claims are nothing more than attempt to gain recognition.

I believe it is once a year that during some relgious ceremony, the Ethiopians parade around with the ark (coverd up of course) for all to see and worship.
Given the dimensions of the ark and the materials ued to build it I find it highly unlikely that a couple of stick insect elderly priests would have the strength to wave it around on a couple of poles as if it were a Raggedy Ann doll dressed like Jesus.

However let's give the Ethiopians the benefit of the doubt, lets say their centuries old (public) claim to having the Ark was true.

Probably the most valubale relic known to man! has been secure in the holy of holies of a little church guarded by an "unarmed"! frail old man ????

Are we really to believe that, of all the super wealthy scoundrels,greedy billionares despot governments, criminals and relgious fanatics throughout history. None of them could get past Abdul the Ark guard ?

What TF ? Is Chuck Norris currently disguised as a priest and scaring off would be Indiana Jonses with a cold stare, whilst guarding an Ark ?

I don't think so people, this smells like scam to me ,but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
I would think the creator of the universe would be a bit more rational and less prone to fits of INCREDIBLE HULK GOD SMASH PUNY HUMANS FOR TOUCHING HIS SPECIAL BOX RWAR! Further... if the creator of the universe didn't want us opening a box... we.... wouldn't open it. There would be no point or offense in "testing" god... it just wouldn't happen. We couldn't if we tried.

Heh, made me Laugh.
Though, does sound alot like Adam and Eve to me.
"Do as you wish but DO NOT open my box!"
*creeping hands*
"Oh #.."
*Flashy Lights, we all die*

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well, its obvious that nothing will come of this whole thing. There is no magic box with God's secrets, there's no higher meaning or message, its all going to be as mundane as the rest of life.

I can see why people would want more, but there isn't any more, there's just this, and so there is no hyper-powered divine kill-box sitting in, of all places, Ethiopia.

Life just isn't that exciting, I'm afraid!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
what has the ` arc of the covenant ` ever done for us [ the ethiopians ] ?

is a question that springs to mind

there iare plenty of myths about its fabulous powers

but it doesnt seem to have done much lateley - wonder why that is ?

they [ the ethiopians ] could have certainly benefited from its alleged powers as an instrument of war - during the 1930s when the italians invaded

and mana ? that would have been very helpfull during the 1980s famine .

i guess believers can cling to the notion that ` god moves in mysterious ways `

but the reall mystery is [ IMHO ] why there is no evidence of any movement at all

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This Is Great good find,

I have had no doubt for many years that in fact the Church in Axum is the repository of the ARK.

I had a bit of an obsession with the Holy Grail etc and studied it much when younger, which obviously led me to look in depth at the Ark story and history to, really it is the only (Axum) explanation and evidense with Historical, archeoligical and Biblical sources mixed in with a deep and long lasting cultural (Ethiopia) lore associated with it.

The Biblical references, both Roman and Egyptian and to a lesser extent later european hsitorical records all paint a picture of a trail from the island of Elaphantitus the Isle on the Nile, the queen of Sheba instructing and Malachi taking it to Ethiopia.

Also there is archeoligical evidense of Anciant Hebrew religeous practises very close to Axum, that would only have been done as described in the bible around, and by the "Tent" or original movable temple that the ark is recorded as being housed in.

The deep and long orthodox christian libraries, studies and records throughout ethiopia are unmatched anywhere else in the world.

Great Find I am really interested in how they will present this, and if the contents within, or any tablets containing Moses first real writings or carvings are also to be allowed to be examined and studied.

One of the most important historical artifacts in world history could soon be available for real and deep research, great news.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Display its "powers?" I doubt it. Because either it has none, because it's just a symbol, not the object created and used as in the Bible, OR... if it were real, I'd think it would be powered by God proper... and wow, would YOU give the object power NOW in this world? I wouldn't. If used in fact, I'd like... have it spray silly-string over the assembled masses. That would be funnier...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have a friend that is married to an ethiopian, and has told me the story. I might screw it up, but it went a little like this:

Long ago, in the lands of Isreal, Solomon was visited by Sheba, renowned queen of what is now ethiopia. Her beauty was renowned throughout the world. Solomon and Sheba quickly found favor with one another and made love. Several days later Sheba left to return to her kingdom. Several years went by, until one day Solomon recieved a visitor from the queen. That visitor was called Menelek(spelling). He was the son of Solomon and Sheba. Solomon invited him to his court and quickly found favor with this handsome, polite, and gentile man. As Meneleks favor grew, several within Solomons court began to find disdain for this Young boy from Ethiopia. How could a foriegner find so much favor to Solomon. Several of them began to plot his death. Solomon quickly found out about this made an edict. He would send Menelek back to ethiopia, However, in order to build the mutual respect, and relationship that he had at the time with Sheeba, he would send the first son of all royalty to stay in Sheeba's court for 5 years.

Several were unhappy about this, especially the sons of the nobles. One son, seeking to have revenge on the King stole the arc and added it to his possessions that were included in a massive caravan that included over 200 noble sons, including Solomons. The caravan departed and made its way through Egypt, and to the outskirts of Sheeba's Kingdom. It was then the Solomon's son, leader of the caravan found the arc.

The offender was put to death, however fearing that having such an impressive position would draw bandits, or worse a war for sheeba, Solomon's son force all in the caravan to take an oath. Once the nobles arrived at Axum, Solomon's son put all peasants and slaves to death, allowing only the nobles to live and enter into Axum.

Menelek gave his mother the news, and Sheeba dispatched a messenger to Solomon to tell him the news. Because of the Desecration, and the anger in Jerusalem, Solomon decided that it was better not to let Isreal know what transpired. Not only would this lead to War, but also the death of the first born for all the nobles of Isreal, including his son. Instead he ordered that the nobles that were sent to Sheba's court were to stay indefinately, finding wives in the country, and forming the council that was to protect the arc. Several years later, Jerusalem was destroyed by conquest. The temple burned, and the people forced into slavery.

Meanwhile, Menelek and the son's of Isreal created the order that would protect the arc. This order eventually became the monks that protect it the arc today.

There is more to the story, unfortunately, I got called into work.

Cya,

Camain

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
20-30 years ago I read about an attempt to replicate the dimensions and properties of the Ark as near as possible and how those involved had to abandon the project as it proved extremely dangerous. They used copper overlay instead of gold and the electrical charge that resulted was lethally powerful. I believe gold is an even better conductor? I tried to find a link to this experiment but only found this reference to a similar experiment being conducted:

www.hutchisoneffect.ca...

Just a couple of points worth noting. Only the High Priest of the Levite tribe was permitted into the Holy of Holies and only on one day of the year....the Day of Atonement. Also of interest is that the High Priest had to wear specially designed slippers to enter.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Nice find!

If this is true, it just adds to the pieces of the puzzle that is living in the last days.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

There is a difference between "arc," "arch," and "ark." The word "ark" denotes safety. Noah's ark protected and saved life on earth. The Ark of Covenant contains the symbols of God's committment to his Chosen People, and his love for them. (This is not meant to be a religious discussion. Just an explanation of the difference between the 3 words.)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Lovely story and interesting reading and videos.

An impartial mind (mine)
would expect that it is not impossible that perhaps the relic in Ethiopia could be the very actual real thing that was transported from Jerusalem so many years ago.

However, as with so many artifacts of religious origin, the powers of the thing remain only in the minds of the believers, and the "arc" will be found to be nothing more than a "box", with or without something inside of historical interest.

No end times here; just another chapter in a very old story.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Heck I would even be interested in seeing an exact replica even if it wasn't the real thing. Of course how would I know it's a replica and not just completely made up...

Edit to add: I'm shocked the crystal meth guy hasn't appeared on this thread yet.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by jjkenobi]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

If the Ark is revealed and the artifact IS inside - then we are likely to make contact with those who crafted mankind 'from the dust of the Earth'.

The Annunaki Gods from Nibiru!

I seeing that the rastafari are one of the few religions/beleif systems/cultures left in this world that cause mayhem and conflict in the world today, I have a lot of time for what they have to say.

Rastafari is a strongly syncretic Abrahamic religion that draws extensively from the Bible. Adherents look particularly to the New Testament Book of Revelation, as this is where they find the prophecies about the divinity of Haile Selassie, theit living God.

Rastas claim that they, and the rest of the black race, are descendants of the ancient twelve tribes of Israel, captures by empirical forces and cast into captivity in the carribean and the southern US as a result of the slave trade.

Some Rastafari assert that only half of the Bible has been written, and that the other half, stolen from them along with their culture, is written in a man's heart.

This concept also embraced the idea that even the illiterate can be Rastas by reading God's Word in their hearts. hence goes the saying "listen to your heart because it will never lie to you". Science has proven that brain cells exist in the heart as well as the brain.

Rastas also see the lost half of the Bible, and the whole of their lost culture an heritage linking them to the house of Davis and King Solomon, to be found in the Ark of the Covenant, a repository of African wisdom, which 'was' more advanced than we are led to beleive according to levi the shaman who was interviewed by David icke on youtube.

A covenant is an agreement. and I beleive that when King Soloman, who fathered a hundred children realised that whatever was in the Ark was the proverbial "one ring to rule them all" he needed to give custody of it to the descendants who show the most 'hobbit like' attributed in that they would keep it safe in an "agreement" to never let it into the hands of evil or good.

Until the time is right.

Ethiopians have shown great restraint in not unleashing the power even in the face of extreeme adversity such as the famine of the 1980's and civil war. A trait that the modern day rastafari in the carribean show today.

Food approved for Rastfari is called ital. The purpose of fasting (abstaining from meat and dairy) is to cleanse the body in accordance to serving in the presence of the "Ark of the Covenent".

One has to ask the question, what happens to people who eat meat and then look at the power of it?

To show the ark contents/force to the G8 of religions is significant in that it will melt their faces if they are impure (i.e most of them)

I think this was "the agreement" that the Ark (God) had with Man
- if you can see me with having a pure heart then you're cool as and can be with me at my side - just like King S who defeated every attacker and amassed great wealth with it. But if people of impure heart see it then they get their faces melted.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
. . .

No end times here; just another chapter in a very old story.

But therein, you are wrong.

In order for the Antichrist to desecrate the temple, there has to be a temple. The Jewish people can't build a temple without the ark.

If the story is true, and they do have the ark, that would be the green light for the temple, meaning that the end times are now.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What really interests me is where are they going to find a Levite priest? The only known Hebrews around are the tribe of Judah (Jews).

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join