It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling! Arc of the Covenant - Ethiopia. Surprised?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Or it could just be a fundraising stunt for the museum???

here's the next part in english...

Patriarch Pauolos also talked about building a museum in Axum, a structure
that will receive and conserve the treasures made through the centuries at
Axum. This museum, financed by the Foundation of the Prince, that should
be built within two years, could also be a place for the Ark of the
Covenant, but this, explained Abuna Pauolos, "would need a decision by the Holy
Synod, the supreme body of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia. Patriarch
Pauolos, President of the G8 of Religions, has been taking part in the G8 of
Religions held June 16 to 18 in Rome and L'Aquila. Then yesterday the
Patriarch had been invited to the Community of Sant'Egidio, where he participated
in a daylong conference on the religious history of Ethiopia, and also
yesterday met in the Vatican with Pope Benedict XVI.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Nothing of this has been in the main news in Finland or the scandinavian area, not even had the Catholic church here heard of it

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
And again thanks to Clay - and ATS italian speakers should look at the original too

www.adnkronos.com...

here's the last bit re the Pope. What's happening in October?

"At their meeting in the Vatican, Benedict XVI and the Patriarch discussed
many things, and His Holiness made an invitation to the Patriarch to
return in October," stated Prince Makonne Haile Selassie.

translated by Clay

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchdog-Finland

Nothing of this has been in the main news in Finland or the scandinavian area, not even had the Catholic church here heard of it

Well, I can see why it might not be. I mean if it's a hoax or a fund raiser or a suggestion that aliens made the arc ... I mean - it's not exactly the kind of thing you spring on the world, right?

I would almost say if it were a hoax for a museum there would be more of it in the news - like those potato chips that look like the madonna - that even gets on CNN. If the Pope is being consulted again - it may be they want to carefully decide what to do about not alarming the public.

If as some believe on this thread, it's getting brighter or changing and it's gonna blow or something, they may not have a choice but to figure out a way to alert the public - albeit gently.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by Watchdog-Finland
what has an summer tale got to do with this thread lol?

Was going you give you a star for the humor but the star clicky thing has gone, anyone know where ?

Hey - look at that, you're right. The star clicky thing is gone.

So, I'm trying to find the names of who built the arc. I know it gives the dimensions.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
but still
im shocked im doubtful sorry, i think its a hoax from the churches side.....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Watchdog-Finland

Not unlikely - but for fun - let's see who they think "isn't human"...

ok - found dimensions - doesn't sound sooo big - trying to find who the carpenter or whoever was... I guess need a goldsmith involved too it sounds like.

Exodus 25:10-11. "Have them make a chest of acacia wood--two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high. Overlay it with pure gold, both inside and out, and make a gold molding around it."

[edit on 6/22/2009 by trusername]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Looks like they don't actually say Moses built the arc - so maybe Moses is human.

Moses builds the tent or tabernacle.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.allaboutarchaeology.org...

There are some interesting points here.

You could only approach it on Yom Kippur -

maybe because of the radiation thing if we're thinking that route.

or maybe because there's more protection on that holy day? the Gods and saints pay attention to earth on Yum Kippur (day of atonement - like a big confession day?) and don't as much on other days?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If it's where God presented himself - it does sound like a projector. or maybe a hologram... hey a holygram

And since today they announced (see new article on page 12) that God would alert when to show the arc again hmmm

Maybe has something to do with the October visit with the Pope?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

according to wikipedia there may be 2 arcs

a temp one made by ??? under Moses / God instruction manual and a better one made by

Bezalel

In Exodus 31:1-6, Bezalel (Hebrew: בְּצַלְאֵל‎, also transcribed as Betzalel and most accurately as Beẓal'el), is the chief architect of the Tabernacle.[1] Elsewhere in the Bible the name occurs only in the genealogical lists of the Book of Chronicles, but according to cuneiform inscriptions a variant form of the same, "Ẓil-Bêl," was borne by a king of Gaza who was a contemporary of Hezekiah and Manasseh. Apparently it means "in the shadow [protection] of El."

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, we don't know which arc they mention in today's article as not being made by human hands. Could be the temp one.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
if it is real lets open it i want to see the Hot rod and the mana and the 10 commanments:

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.what about Islam, and the other religions, Epic fail

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.hmm yea but we got the jesus and the cross as an image so this is an epic fail

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.oh god of my god, why did u leave us here

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.what sabbath day?

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.thats a postive yes, ive allways doen that with out these orders

SIX: 'You shall not murder.why would i want to cover my hands in blood?

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.oh mama look at does maids

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.huh, whos saying that, we all know that theivery si baad

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.ehhh??? why would i

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.i shall not what? why would i want to do a donkey????or an ox lol

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Watchdog-Finland]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

too funny

Actually - the second commandment is interesting come to think of it.

If only Moses saw him - making stuff in his image wouldn't be a big threat.

I'm beginning to think this thing was a projector or something. How on earth would people know what image to make things in... or not to - as the case may be.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Sooo you see what ive known for a looong time, and sadly i cant prove it

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
[edit on 22-6-2009 by TruthJusticeFreedom]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
You know what always struck me as Bull [snip] about the Arc being in Ethiopia? The fact that Ethiopia is such a dirt poor and jacked up country.

I mean cmon, Apparently the Arc contained the power of god within it. We are to believe that a country with the power of god has so many starving people? We are to believe that they have such an immense tool, that by the way only one dude can look into, only if he has some weird breast plate with a bunch of gemstones on it.

I have no idea about the ark or any such things. But I had to comment on this and say you should read Proverbs 8. What is considered "rich" and "wealth" in the eyes of god are not material things, but wisdom, understanding and knowledge.

Proverbs 8

You should check it out, I bet you would like it. Really good stuff. Yeah yeah, I know Christians and such is all about accepting and being ignorant, but you shouldn't let them decide the topic for you.

Here's a peak:

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

14Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

I'm not a christian and think organized religion in general is exactly opposite of this stuff, but this is good stuff, and it's a shame it's not reflected in religion. Turns out, when it comes to god it's not about accepting and being/doing ignorant things, it's about gaining understanding and wisdom.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

too funny

Actually - the second commandment is interesting come to think of it.

If only Moses saw him - making stuff in his image wouldn't be a big threat.

I'm beginning to think this thing was a projector or something. How on earth would people know what image to make things in... or not to - as the case may be.

The reason you are not to make images is because it is impossible to make an image that is actually true. As the father is exactly opposite of the physical.

If you read in genesis, you will see creation is created by the word. The word = logic, logic = program. Open up a program in it's "source" code, and you will see words that make logic. Apply that logic and the word/code makes the creation.

Consciousness, and to be an observer, to "be", to "understand", to "feel" and free will are not things that work in logic. You can not come to logically create them. I can tell the program it senses something, but it's not an actual "feeling", it's just a switch. Free will is impossible in logic, you can not even generate a truly random number with logic.

So, the "spirit of god" fills creation and brings it to life. Just as if you create a program, it doesn't come to life until someone observes it. Until then, it's just a bunch of patterns going around.

As such, it is the god within us that makes us conscious, gives us the ability to understand, feel, be an observer, free will and so forth. Consciousness creates logic, rather than logic creating consciousness as science likes to say.

The war on god is a war on consciousness. You are hated because you are not of this world/creation, but rockets and such are and they are controllable so they give power. Robots are controllable, so they are. No free will, no choice. And so society has been dumbed down in order to try and turn people into such, those who do not go along are "dealt with", just like Jesus and many many others.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah

Wow....afraid to put the "O" in God?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

From another site...

We do not write G-d's name in a place where it may be discarded or erased. Treating G-d's name with reverence is a way to give respect to G-d.

I have no respect for it so I write it 'god'

BBOT, what ever happened to the unveiling???

[edit on 7/3/2009 by wookiee]

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I have to read your thread here. It seems the best one posted on this topic and I hesitate to begin another. I was watching a program and it resulted in what is an urgent question for me.

I would like to know the version of the battle of Ashtod as told by the Philistines including how the arc was recovered by them and brought into the Temple with their God Dagon the fish God.

The Philistines took the Ark to several places in their country, and at each place misfortune befell them (1 Sam. 5:1-6). At Ashdod it was placed in the temple of Dagon. The next morning Dagon was found prostrate, bowed down, before it; and on being restored to his place, he was on the following morning again found prostrate and broken. The people of Ashdod were smitten with tumors; a plague of rats was sent over the land (1 Sam. 6:5). The affliction of boils was also visited upon the people of Gath and of Ekron, whither the Ark was successively removed (1 Sam. 5:8-12).

This is probably the Jewish or Christian rendition and I would like to see if the Philistines share a similar account of these events.
If the accounts are somewhat similar but only the perspective has changed then we are dealing with some sort of...something.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join